• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which religion do you follow?

Which religion?

• Christianity

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Islam

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Not religious / Non-Theist

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Not religious / Theist

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Buddhism

• Shamanism, Paganism

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Judaism

• Baha'i

• New Religions

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
opensoul7 said:
The need to define , to catagorize.How so you define the undefinable ? How do you answer the "great mystery"? you dont . We are all Gods children . How does a grin of sand know all of the beach ? or country or world? God is not something that can be put into a bottle and defined, nor is someones belief in God.I do not feel the need to define myself by religon.But by my personal relationship with God.
I agree, but that is our Culture for you, everything needs to have a nice tag on it, so it can be slotted into the right pidgeon hole.

I call myself a 'Follower of Christ' but that is only half the story; but I guess it does allow me to fit in to some recognizable genre.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Well I'm an Orthodox Christian (member of the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church, specifically the Church of Romania). I'm intrigued by the Filipino Orthodox Church someone mentioned. I am pretty sure that the Filipinos are overwhelmingly Roman Catholic and have never heard of any Orthodox presence in the Philipines. There is certainly no church within the Orthodox communion by such a name so it sounds likely to be some sort of vagante group, but I may be wrong (given that you don't remember the exact name). If it were an Orthodox church, however, there would be no requirement for someone to convert in order to marry (so long as they are a baptised Christian) and certainly no requirement to actively participate in the Church, so it really doesn't sound Orthodox to me at all as described.

James

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Curious results. I noticed the other poll too.

Thought about saying something about the difference between an established religion and a set of beliefs, but given the results of the poll(s) I might annoy the majority of people here and I'm terribly careful not to do that. :bounce

So, christians and freaks rule the roost eh?

Bangbang

Depends on my mood. Ummmmmmm......today I think I will ummmmm......I can't decide. Pick one for me.

Master Vigil

I voted other. I call myself a Taoist Vigil. Which includes Taoism, Buddhism (most sects), Shamanism, Animism, Shinto, Paganism, Christianity (mostly Catholicism), Romani, and a bit of skepticism in there as well. I'm sure I forgot some parts. But I'm just a big melting pot I suppose.

Alazye

I believe in God and Jesus christ, but i do not fit into any religious faith because of the limits that are put into each religion, so whenever i'm asked what religion i am, i'll reply with, i'm not i'm just a follow believer of christ.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Alazye said:
I believe in God and Jesus christ, but i do not fit into any religious faith because of the limits that are put into each religion, so whenever i'm asked what religion i am, i'll reply with, i'm not i'm just a follow believer of christ.
Well, that makes two of us, Alazye !:D

As I notice that this is your first visit here, I thought I would take the opportunity to welcome you to Religious Forums;
I hope that you would feel able to introduce yourself to the other members of the forum, by posting on:- Are you new to ReligiousForums.com?

Please feel free to ask questions, if you have any. You might like to check out our article with links for our newer members; from there, there is also a link to the forum rules which you ought to look at.

I hope you will enjoy being a member here, and feel happy with the fact that you are a bit 'different' in your faith...Vive La Différance!!;)

cardero

Citizen Mod
Patrickism. This is the way that GOD recognizes me and besides there has not been an organization that has been established that could contain and support all of my different beliefs. No one can join Patrickism and it only comes in one size.