• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which "prophet" is telling the truth?

Which "prophet" is telling the truth?

• Joseph Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
Joseph Smith or Isaiah, who speaks the truth?

Joseph Smith claims there are multiple gods , eg. In the beginning, the head of the Gods called a council of the Gods; and they came together and concocted [prepared] a plan to create the world and people it. When we begin to learn this way, we begin to learn the only true God, and what kind of a being we have got to worship. Having a knowledge of God, we begin to know how to approach Him, and how to ask so as to receive an answer. King Follet sermon.

26 And the Gods took acounsel among themselves and said: Let us go down and bform man in our cimage, after our likeness; and we will give them dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. The book of Abraham translated by Joseph Smith

Isaiah claims there is One God and only ever will be One, eg.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

One of them is telling "pork pies"( as us brit's say), so who do you think is telling the truth? Surely both can't be?????

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Both are valid possibilities in my book.

I will not claim conclusively that either one is telling the truth, as I have not met either of these men.

Makaveli

Homoioi
Since they both lay claim to the same religious tradition, and assuming that the scripture is correct for both people, Joseph Smith is wrong.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Seriously, we're still doing these threads? I thought this had been done to death and then some.

LDS believe both were
non-LDS Christians presumably just Isaiah
Muslims presumably just Isaiah
The other 3.8 billion people on this planet couldn't give a rat's ***.

There, sorted.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Joseph Smith or Isaiah, who speaks the truth?

Joseph Smith claims there are multiple gods , eg. In the beginning, the head of the Gods called a council of the Gods; and they came together and concocted [prepared] a plan to create the world and people it. When we begin to learn this way, we begin to learn the only true God, and what kind of a being we have got to worship. Having a knowledge of God, we begin to know how to approach Him, and how to ask so as to receive an answer. King Follet sermon.

26 And the Gods took acounsel among themselves and said: Let us go down and bform man in our cimage, after our likeness; and we will give them dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. The book of Abraham translated by Joseph Smith

Isaiah claims there is One God and only ever will be One, eg.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

One of them is telling "pork pies"( as us brit's say), so who do you think is telling the truth? Surely both can't be?????
Well, well, well, look who's back. How have you been, Porkchop?

I believe that both Joseph Smith and Isaiah were telling the truth, but I bet you already knew that, didn't you?

Smoke

Done here.
You can find plenty of contradictions in the Bible, but most Christians manage to reconcile them to their own satisfaction. Why should you find it odd if Mormons similarly reconcile their own scriptures -- which include both Isaiah and the Book of Abraham -- to their satisfaction?

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
Seriously, we're still doing these threads? I thought this had been done to death and then some.

LDS believe both were
non-LDS Christians presumably just Isaiah
Muslims presumably just Isaiah
The other 3.8 billion people on this planet couldn't give a rat's ***.

There, sorted.

I started this thread because i have yet to hear an answer as to why/how you can believe both are right. ( i dont include the carrot here)
No rule against repetition on this site is there?

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
Well, well, well, look who's back. How have you been, Porkchop?

I believe that both Joseph Smith and Isaiah were telling the truth, but I bet you already knew that, didn't you?

Hey Katzpur! Been a while, eh? I knew you'd be missing me!!:)
Yes, i thought you'd say that, but why? That's what i want to know, cause they obviously contradict each other, so how do you explain it? I'm not attacking you, im just tired of not getting an answer, you can blame it on your missionaries who come over here ( do you know our address and are you passing it out??!!) and don't give us an answer to questions, but just insist we pray to God about wether the book of mormon is right,frustrating!!!:(

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yes, i thought you'd say that, but why? That's what i want to know, cause they obviously contradict each other, so how do you explain it?
Kinda like the Old Testament and the New Testament, or the Epistles and the Gospels, or even sometimes one Epistle and another.

Personally, I can't see how someone can be a Bible-believing Christian without resolving (or perhaps just flat-out ignoring) scriptural contradictions, so I don't really understand why you would fault a Mormon for doing the exact same thing.

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
Kinda like the Old Testament and the New Testament, or the Epistles and the Gospels, or even sometimes one Epistle and another.

Personally, I can't see how someone can be a Bible-believing Christian without resolving (or perhaps just flat-out ignoring) scriptural contradictions, so I don't really understand why you would fault a Mormon for doing the exact same thing.

Easy, there are no scriptural contradictions.:)