• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Old Testament Prophecy Fulfills Luke 24:46-47

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
"He told them, "This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."

I scoured the Old Testament looking for a passage(s) saying that the Messiah would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins would be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem--and I cannot find it.

Can anyone help me locate this specific prophecy?
I think the key is in the wording:

45 Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

So, it wasn't a specific one but rather a compilation of many "scriptures".

Bree

"He told them, "This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."

I scoured the Old Testament looking for a passage(s) saying that the Messiah would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins would be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem--and I cannot find it.

Can anyone help me locate this specific prophecy?

Isaiah 53 has always been viewed as messianic prophecy. the messiah would be 'cut off' and 'pierced'
But he was pierced+ for our transgression;+He was crushed for our errors.+He bore the punishment for our peace,+
And because of his wounds we were healed.+ 6 Like sheep we have all wandered about,+Each has turned his own way,
And Jehovah has caused the error of us all to meet up with him.+ 7 He was oppressed+ and he let himself be afflicted,+
But he would not open his mouth. He was brought like a sheep to the slaughter,+Like a ewe that is silent before its shearers,
And he would not open his mouth.+ 8 Because of restraint* and judgment he was taken away;And who will concern himself with the details of his generation?*For he was cut off from the land of the living;+Because of the transgression of my people he received the stroke.*

And Jesus applied the account about Jonah in the belly of the fish to himself.

Matt 12:39-40 In reply he said to them: “A wicked and adulterous generation keeps on seeking a sign,* but no sign will be given it except the sign of Joʹnah the prophet.+ 40 For just as Joʹnah was in the belly of the huge fish for three days and three nights,+ so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.+

Bree

What about the part about the gospel being preached to all nations? Where is that in the OT?

I like this one in Zephaniah 3:8
‘So keep yourselves in expectation of* me,’+ declares Jehovah,
‘Until the day when I rise up to take plunder,*
For my judicial decision is to gather nations, to assemble kingdoms,
To pour out on them my indignation, all my burning anger;+
For by the fire of my zeal the whole earth will be consumed.+
9 For then I will change the language of the peoples to a pure language,
So that all of them may call on the name of Jehovah,
To serve him shoulder to shoulder.*+

And Zechariah 8:23 For the people of the nations to 'hear' there needs to be someone to speak about such things.
“This is what Jehovah of armies says, ‘In those days ten men out of all the languages of the nations+ will take hold, yes, they will take firm hold of the robe* of a Jew,* saying: “We want to go with you,+ for we have heard that God is with you people.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Isaiah 53 has always been viewed as messianic prophecy.
Only by Christians. The truth is that the metaphor of the servant is used throughout Isaiah, and Isaiah identifies this servant as Israel. Thus, chapter 53 is not a messianic prophecy.

2ndpillar

Isaiah 53 has always been viewed as messianic prophecy. the messiah would be 'cut off' and 'pierced'
But he was pierced+ for our transgression;+He was crushed for our errors.+He bore the punishment for our peace,+
And because of his wounds we were healed.+ 6 Like sheep we have all wandered about,+Each has turned his own way,
And Jehovah has caused the error of us all to meet up with him.+ 7 He was oppressed+ and he let himself be afflicted,+
But he would not open his mouth. He was brought like a sheep to the slaughter,+Like a ewe that is silent before its shearers,
And he would not open his mouth.+ 8 Because of restraint* and judgment he was taken away;And who will concern himself with the details of his generation?*For he was cut off from the land of the living;+Because of the transgression of my people he received the stroke.*

And Jesus applied the account about Jonah in the belly of the fish to himself.

Matt 12:39-40 In reply he said to them: “A wicked and adulterous generation keeps on seeking a sign,* but no sign will be given it except the sign of Joʹnah the prophet.+ 40 For just as Joʹnah was in the belly of the huge fish for three days and three nights,+ so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.+

"On the third day" is not in line with three days and three nights, which is to be the only sign given. On the third day is from Hosea 6, and is with respect to Hosea 5, in which Judah and Ephraim are under judgment, but when they acknowledge their guilt, they will be healed after two days (2000 years), on the third day (Hosea 6:2).

As for healing, that isn't being done by the "shepherds", and therefore judgment will start with the "fat" shepherds who do not feed or heal the sheep, and that judgment is at the door (Ezekiel 34)

Dogknox20

John 20:21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven
.”

LUKE 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Jesus established his Church on ROCK not on sand, it will never fail!
Jesus is ALWAYS with his Church to the very end of time.. Jesus did not abandon the One and ONLY Church he established on ROCK not on sand!

Matthew 28:20 Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. “And remember that I am always with you until the end of time.
Jesus is NOT a fool to think his church failed is to call Jesus foolish!

Matthew 7:24Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.

2ndpillar

Only by Christians. The truth is that the metaphor of the servant is used throughout Isaiah, and Isaiah identifies this servant as Israel. Thus, chapter 53 is not a messianic prophecy.

My Servant is a specified refence to David, as in Ezekiel 34:34 & 37:24, with respect to David to be the king over the combined house of Israel, which will include Judah united with Ephraim/Israel. Right now, Judah and Ephraim/Israel are still in the judgment phase of Hosea 5 and are not considered as "My servants" but more in the line of "those who move the boundary" (Hosea 5:10). It is only after Jacob's distress of Jeremiah 30:10, in which the nations/Gentiles are destroyed, that the "kingdom" will be set up with "My servant David" being king over the combined nation of Judah and Ephraim, the whole house of Israel. (Ezekiel 37:24). As for Isaiah 9:3-6, that would refer to after Judah and Ephraim have been unified under the kingship of My servant David (Ezekiel 37:24-28). That has not happed as of 4:17 P.M. on 12/26/2021. You might say that Judah and Jerusalem have been restored (Joel 3:1-2), but the nations haven't finished their judgment (Joel 3:2) which includes the iron and clay of Daniel 2, combined with the crushing of all the other nations listed at the same time. The "king" is not ruling over the nations from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14), nor have the neighbors of Jerusalem been crushed, and given their gold and silver to Jerusalem. And you will still find a Canaanite, merchant, among those who call themselves of the house of the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 14:21). Today the title of Israel remains with Ephraim, who is scattered among the nations (Ezekiel 36:19). As for "My holy name", Israel, it has been profaned by the "house of Israel" (Ezekiel 36:22). The name Israel pertains to Jacob, Joseph, Ephraim, and apparently used as "My whole name" per Ezekiel 36:21.

Isaiah 49:3-6
And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified…

IndigoChild5559

My Servant is a specified refence to David, as in Ezekiel 34:34 & 37:24, with respect to David to be the king over the combined house of Israel, which will include Judah united with Ephraim/Israel. Right now, Judah and Ephraim/Israel are still in the judgment phase of Hosea 5 and are not considered as "My servants" but more in the line of "those who move the boundary" (Hosea 5:10). It is only after Jacob's distress of Jeremiah 30:10, in which the nations/Gentiles are destroyed, that the "kingdom" will be set up with "My servant David" being king over the combined nation of Judah and Ephraim, the whole house of Israel. (Ezekiel 37:24). As for Isaiah 9:3-6, that would refer to after Judah and Ephraim have been unified under the kingship of My servant David (Ezekiel 37:24-28). That has not happed as of 4:17 P.M. on 12/26/2021. You might say that Judah and Jerusalem have been restored (Joel 3:1-2), but the nations haven't finished their judgment (Joel 3:2) which includes the iron and clay of Daniel 2, combined with the crushing of all the other nations listed at the same time. The "king" is not ruling over the nations from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14), nor have the neighbors of Jerusalem been crushed, and given their gold and silver to Jerusalem. And you will still find a Canaanite, merchant, among those who call themselves of the house of the LORD of hosts (Zechariah 14:21). Today the title of Israel remains with Ephraim, who is scattered among the nations (Ezekiel 36:19). As for "My holy name", Israel, it has been profaned by the "house of Israel" (Ezekiel 36:22). The name Israel pertains to Jacob, Joseph, Ephraim, and apparently used as "My whole name" per Ezekiel 36:21.

We are talking bout ISAIAH, the metaphor that HE used in his writings. Metaphors vary in what they mean when you go from work to work -- one author will mean one thing and another author will mean another thing. IF you want to know what the metaphor of the servant means in the book of Isaiah, you have to listen to what Isaiah says, not Ezekiel or Hosea or anyone else. Isaiah says, "But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend." Isaiah 41:8

2ndpillar

John 20:21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven
.”

LUKE 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Jesus established his Church on ROCK not on sand, it will never fail!
Jesus is ALWAYS with his Church to the very end of time.. Jesus did not abandon the One and ONLY Church he established on ROCK not on sand!

Matthew 28:20 Teach them to do everything I have commanded you. “And remember that I am always with you until the end of time.
Jesus is NOT a fool to think his church failed is to call Jesus foolish!

Matthew 7:24Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.

According to Isaiah 22:25, the holder of the key of David, supposedly the pope, the head of the Roman Catholic Church, will "fall" "in that day", the day of the LORD (Joel 2:32) and those hanging on to him will be "cut off". The pope apparently gets his authority from Peter, who is shown in Isaiah 22:15, as being put "in charge of the royal household", and was to be the "shame of his master's house" (Isaiah 22:18). As per Isaiah 22;16, Peter would carve a place for himself in the rock, but apparently to no avail. The "rock" Yeshua was referring to in Matthew 16, was Peter being inspired by the Spirit of Prophecy, in which the Spirit of Prophecy, the source of the Law, would be the "rock".

2ndpillar

We are talking bout ISAIAH, the metaphor that HE used in his writings. Metaphors vary in what they mean when you go from work to work -- one author will mean one thing and another author will mean another thing. IF you want to know what the metaphor of the servant means in the book of Isaiah, you have to listen to what Isaiah says, not Ezekiel or Hosea or anyone else. Isaiah says, "But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend." Isaiah 41:8

Isaiah 49:3-6 is with respect to the future, in which "Israel, in whom I will be glorified. Jacob/Israel was not glorified in the time of Isaiah. Ephraim the holder of the title of "Israel", was described in Isaiah 28:1, as a "drunkard". The rulers of Jerusalem, Judah, were identified with making falsehood our refuge (Isaiah 28:15). There is only one Spirit of God, but many anointed sons of man. They don't disagree with each other; they just give different perspectives. The "Israel" of Isaiah 41:8, refers to Jacob, not Judah, who is just a part of the house of Israel, presently under the judgment of God (Hosea 5). And as Jeremiah 30 predicts, Jacob/Israel would be in "distress" (Jeremiah 30:7-9), and at that time, the LORD would "raise David their king". At that time "My servant" will be David, who "I will raise up for them"

IndigoChild5559

Isaiah 49:3-6 is with respect to the future, in which "Israel, in whom I will be glorified. Jacob/Israel was not glorified in the time of Isaiah. Ephraim the holder of the title of "Israel", was described in Isaiah 28:1, as a "drunkard". The rulers of Jerusalem, Judah, were identified with making falsehood our refuge (Isaiah 28:15). There is only one Spirit of God, but many anointed sons of man. They don't disagree with each other; they just give different perspectives. The "Israel" of Isaiah 41:8, refers to Jacob, not Judah, who is just a part of the house of Israel, presently under the judgment of God (Hosea 5). And as Jeremiah 30 predicts, Jacob/Israel would be in "distress" (Jeremiah 30:7-9), and at that time, the LORD would "raise David their king". At that time "My servant" will be David, who "I will raise up for them"

You still haven't replied to my quote of Isaiah 41:8

Shaul

Premium Member
There is scripture outlining that Messiah would suffer and be killed......but as for the three days and nights, Jesus himself alluded to the situation of Jonah in the belly of the fish. (Matthew 12:39-40; Jonah 1:17)

Isaiah 53:2-5 outlines what was foretold as the Jewish nation’s view of him....

No stately form does he have, nor any splendor;
And when we see him, his appearance does not draw us to him.
3 He was despised and was avoided by men,
A man who was meant for pains and was familiar with sickness.
It was as if his face were hidden from us.
He was despised, and we held him as of no account.
4 Truly he himself carried our sicknesses,
And he bore our pains.
But we considered him as plagued, stricken by God and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgression;
He was crushed for our errors.
He bore the punishment for our peace,
And because of his wounds we were healed.”

What an amazing prophesy! But it doesn’t stop there....

Psalm 34:20 even mentions that ‘not a bone of his would be broken’ which was unusual for those executed in the Roman fashion.....after maximum suffering, they would break the legs of their victims so as to hasten death at the end. The two hung alongside Jesus had their legs broken, but since Jesus has already died, no breaking of his bones was necessary. (John 19:32-34)

Zechariah 11:12-13 also speaks of Judas’ wages for his betrayal (thirty pieces of silver) being thrown back into the temple.

Isa 53:8-9...
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
Because of the transgression of my people he received the stroke.
9 And he was given a burial place with the wicked,
And with the rich in his death,
Although he had done no wrong,
And there was no deception in his mouth.”

So even the tomb of a rich man (Joseph of Arimathea) being used after his death as a ‘wicked’ person, was prophesied.
And that he was put to death as an innocent man who spoke the truth.

It’s not hard to understand why the Jews misjudged him, but as the prophesies indicated, he was despised and treated with contempt by them. Not because he did or said anything wrong, but because he exposed the religious leaders as the hypocrites they were. (Matthew 23) They led a hate campaign against him.

Lost in the wrong mindset, influenced by corrupt leaders, I believe that the scriptures indicate that the Jews lost their inheritance as “sons of Abraham”. (Matthew 3:7-10)
That is some terrible mistranslation. It twisted the original Hebrew like a pretzel and changes the meaning drastically.

Dogknox20

2ndpillar I hope all is well.. Is not "Israel" the Church!? Romans 9:6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.
Two (2) Israel's! One is a “spiritual Israel.”

Dogknox20

According to Isaiah 22:25, the holder of the key of David, supposedly the pope, the head of the Roman Catholic Church, will "fall" "in that day", the day of the LORD (Joel 2:32) and those hanging on to him will be "cut off". The pope apparently gets his authority from Peter, who is shown in Isaiah 22:15, as being put "in charge of the royal household", and was to be the "shame of his master's house" (Isaiah 22:18). As per Isaiah 22;16, Peter would carve a place for himself in the rock, but apparently to no avail. The "rock" Yeshua was referring to in Matthew 16, was Peter being inspired by the Spirit of Prophecy, in which the Spirit of Prophecy, the source of the Law, would be the "rock".
First.. "The ROCK" is the foundation of the One Church Jesus established! You read too much into Isaiah. Rock hold up the ONLY building Jesus established!
"On this ROCK I will build my church!"
You twist and massage and message the words of God until they say what you want them to say!
2ndpillar Keys are a symbol of authority! Peter is given the AUTHORITY of God on earth! Peter is also made God' shepherd.. The shepherd is the man in charge of God' holy flock!
John 21:17
The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

Peter strengthens the other apostles! Thus you could say; the Pope strengthens all the Bishops!
Luke 22:32
But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

Shaul

Premium Member
I offer this to @SeekingAllTruth as well....Christians take their stance from their Leader....the one who fulfilled the Messianic prophesies like no other.

Jesus himself made it clear from what he said about his own nation, that those who led Israel were not a good source of truth. Read Matthew ch23. A bit like asking OJ Simpson if he killed his wife....?
confused0060.gif

This nation, as “sons of Abraham” under a succession of corrupt leaders all through its history, failed to follow the instructions of the God they vowed to 'obey' at Mt Sinai. Obedience meant life and blessing.....disobedience meant death and God’s curse. (Deuteronomy 11:26-28; Exodus 19:5-6)

We can explain our position from our own scriptures because we accept Jesus as the Christ. We decide who and what to believe. Do you trust the enemies of Jesus, or Jesus himself?...we must decide that for ourselves. (John 14:21)

After the destruction of the Temple in 70CE, all the genealogical records were destroyed, making any future claim to be the Messiah, virtually impossible.
Daniel’s prophesy concerning the year of the Messiah’s appearance was spot on (Daniel 9:24-27) and the Jews were expecting his appearance at that time. (29 CE) The majority of Bible scholars agree that the “weeks” of the prophecy are weeks of years. John the Baptist had been sent to "prepare the way" for the Messiah and those baptized by John had demonstrated that they were ready for him. But John did not have a good thing to say about the religious leaders. (Matthew 3:7-10)

Jesus was put to death after three and a half years, fulfilling Daniel’s prophesy in that aspect too. So unless you disbelieve the scriptures, there is no reason to question what they say about the validity of Jesus as Messiah.

The Jews completely rejected Jesus as the Christ and they present their excuses as much today as they always have. That is their choice, but their Messiah has never made an appearance, and God has not in any way blessed that nation which still has turmoil and bloodshed in their dealings with the others who share their claimed territory. Where is their Temple, without which they cannot present their sacrifices to God under the Law that they claim is still in force? Jerusalem's Temple Mount is claimed by all three Abrahamic faiths and fighting over the site has become a farce. Why? Because Jesus said that no geographical location was going to be the seat of God's worship in the future. (John 4:19-22) According to the greater fulfillment of the prophesies....the 'Israelites' are now a spiritual nation (Galatians 6:16) and the Promised Land is the whole world, because the promise made to Abraham was for "all the nations" to benefit from Messiah's mission.

As for Muslims.....the prophesies in their own scripture, confirm that all prophesy would be fulfilled through Abraham’s offspring named as "Isaac and Jacob", not Ishmael.
Like the Jews, claiming Abraham as your “father” does not mean much if there is innocent blood on your hands. That is what would identify the true Christians from the 'weedy' imitations foretold by Jesus....they would be identified by their obedience to his teachings.....teachings that disqualify all those who participate in spilling blood for religious or political reasons...how many does that rule out? (Matthew 7:13-14)

Matthew 5:43-45....
“You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous.”

We prove that we are ‘sons of the Father’ by ‘loving our enemies’ (not harming them)....how can you love your enemies by firing missiles at them or bombing and killing them? We are to have no blood on our hands. (Isaiah 1:15) True Christians will not be any part of bloodshed for any reason....not even if it seems justified. The first Christians were the model.

This is the Christian position....
Romans 12:17-21....
17 Return evil for evil to no one. Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men. 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. 19 Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay,’ says Jehovah.” 20 But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.” 21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.“

Who do you see fulfilling those mandates? Israel? Islam? Christendom? What does that mean in your estimations?
Typical replacement theology nonsense. If you bothered to read the Jewish Scriptures you would already know that the destruction on the Temple fulfills prophecy and that it specifically describes that there are other methods of atonement used when the Temple is unavailable.

Which “genealogical records” are you talking about? 1) Such records were never kept in the Temple. 2) Jewish genealogical records are dispersed, not stored in a single repository. 3) Identification of the moshiach doesn’t require “pedigree papers”.

Neither of the two moshiach mentioned in Daniel could be Jesus of Nazareth. And, no, the dates of Daniel aren’t “spot on” with the appearance of Jesus. Not even closely. They are way off.

2ndpillar

First.. "The ROCK" is the foundation of the One Church Jesus established! You read too much into Isaiah. Rock hold up the ONLY building Jesus established!
"On this ROCK I will build my church!"
You twist and massage and message the words of God until they say what you want them to say!
2ndpillar Keys are a symbol of authority! Peter is given the AUTHORITY of God on earth! Peter is also made God' shepherd.. The shepherd is the man in charge of God' holy flock!
John 21:17
The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

Peter strengthens the other apostles! Thus you could say; the Pope strengthens all the Bishops!
Luke 22:32
But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

John 21:17 is pointing out, without saying it, that Peter is the shepherd of Zechariah 11:16, the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:17, who would not feed, care of tend the sheep. Just as Peter is spoken of in Zechariah 13:7, as pointed out in Matthew 26:31, as the first to "fall away". Yeshua didn't "establish" any "building". He came to preach the physical kingdom of God, whereas Judah is united with Ephraim/Israel (Ezekiel 37) under the leadership of "My servant David", and the spiritual kingdom of heaven, which is constituted of power and Spirit. Your "building" has neither attributes, but as stated in Matthew 7:27, and Isaiah 22:25, it will fall, and anyone hanging onto it, will be "cut off". The LORD my God" chose both Peter (Zechariah 11:14-17), just as he chose Judas Iscariot (Zechariah 11:12-13), as referred to in Matthew 27:9-10, except the quote is of Zechariah 11:12-13, and not Jeremiah, which has no such quote. Not only is your Pontifex Maximus, the Pope, a position passed from Julius Caesar to Constantine, the beast with two horns like a lamb, but the beast, as well as the false prophet, he who declare themselves falsely to speak for God, will be thrown into the "lake of fire" (Revelation 20:10).

2ndpillar

2ndpillar I hope all is well.. Is not "Israel" the Church!? Romans 9:6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.
Two (2) Israel's! One is a “spiritual Israel.”

There are two "kingdoms", the physical kingdom, which is the combined house of Israel, under the leadership of king David, on the land given to Jacob (Ezekiel 37), and the Spiritual kingdom, in which partakers can raise the dead, heal the sick, and clean the leper, neither of which does the Gentile Church fulfill. The only fulfillment is per Hosea 3, whereas the son of man, Hosea, buys and "adulterous" women for the equivalence of 30 shekels of silver, for "many days", until "the sons of Israel" "return", which apparently, according to Hosea 6:2, is after 2 days, 2000 years. The Gentiles/nations, those that survive will simply confess that their fathers inherited nothing but lies (Jeremiah 16:19) and then grab onto the hem of a Jew and asks to follow them for God is with them. According to Isaiah 14:1-2, apparently, the strangers, not of Jacob, will seek to become servants to Jacob.

2ndpillar

You still haven't replied to my quote of Isaiah 41:8

Isaiah 41:8 states that God chose Jacob as his servant. He didn't choose Jacob to be king over the combined Judah and Ephraim of Ezekiel 34 & 37. He chose "My servant David" to lead (prince forever) the whole unified house of Israel, which represents Jacob.

IndigoChild5559

Isaiah 41:8 states that God chose Jacob as his servant. He didn't choose Jacob to be king over the combined Judah and Ephraim of Ezekiel 34 & 37. He chose "My servant David" to lead (prince forever) the whole unified house of Israel, which represents Jacob.
Isaiah 41:8 clearly, CLEARLY identifies the servant in the book of Isaiah as the People of Israel.

Dogknox20

There are two "kingdoms", the physical kingdom, which is the combined house of Israel, under the leadership of king David, on the land given to Jacob (Ezekiel 37), and the Spiritual kingdom, in which partakers can raise the dead, heal the sick, and clean the leper, neither of which does the Gentile Church fulfill. The only fulfillment is per Hosea 3, whereas the son of man, Hosea, buys and "adulterous" women for the equivalence of 30 shekels of silver, for "many days", until "the sons of Israel" "return", which apparently, according to Hosea 6:2, is after 2 days, 2000 years. The Gentiles/nations, those that survive will simply confess that their fathers inherited nothing but lies (Jeremiah 16:19) and then grab onto the hem of a Jew and asks to follow them for God is with them. According to Isaiah 14:1-2, apparently, the strangers, not of Jacob, will seek to become servants to Jacob.

Jesus sits on the Throne of David; in heaven! THE....

2ndpillar
the Holy Church Jesus established On Rock (not sand) will never ever fail! The BODY of Jesus is His One, Holy, Apostolic, Catholic Church! THE...

2ndpillar
the church is in Heaven!
Luke 1:32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,
Isaiah 9:7
Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.