• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which belief closer to Jews (Islam or Christianity)

Which close religion to Judaism "belief"

• I am Jew , i think it's Christianity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am Jew , I am not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hello all

I hesitate to post this thread in Judiasm DIR , because i think it's about discuss on varie beliefs .

I have this curious question , based on my opinion
about that Judiasm is most religion close Islam more than Christianity (for Jews/Muslim view)

and Most religion close to Christains is Islam (inspite they used Torah as OT) because we Muslims believe in Jesus (pbuh) as Messiah, and Jews not.

this is my honest question to Jews : do you think that Islam is closer to your belief than Christianity ?

please consider this no offend, just an honest question , i hope it's faced by honest answsers , based on belief :)

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I'd have to say that Islam, overall, is probably closest to Judaism.
that's what i believe , i am curious if most of Jews agree with you :)

me too i am consider the Judiasm closer religion to Islam

rosends

what exactly are you referring to: the practices? the tenets of faith? the views on things? the underlying cosmology or vision of the godhead?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
what exactly are you referring to: the practices? the tenets of faith? the views on things? the underlying cosmology or vision of the godhead?
the important thing is God view of course .

belief in God, then view on things of faith (forbiden/allowed) for exemple .

Well, first thing came to my mind is Scriptures. A Jew has to deny validity of their current scriptures so I voted for Christianity. But I also agree that the way God is viewed and generally application of rules to real life bear a great resemblance to Islam.

Akivah

Well, first thing came to my mind is Scriptures. A Jew has to deny validity of their current scriptures so I voted for Christianity.
This has gotta be the stupidest thing I've read today. If you ever read our current scripture (which is the same as our ancient scripture), you'd see that your idol ain't in there.

Last edited:
Well, what I meant was if a Jew was to convert to Islam, this Jew would have to deny the validity of his current scriptures in order to embrace Islam. Because Quran claims that Torah and New Testament(Injil) is corrupted. That's why, Quran was revealed to Mohammad.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
This has gotta be the stupidest thing I've read today. If you ever read our current scripture (which is the same as our ancient scripture), your idol ain't in there.
lol i did not notice that , i just cross over that reply

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Well, what I meant was if a Jew was to convert to Islam, this Jew would have to deny the validity of his current scriptures in order to embrace Islam. Because Quran claims that Torah and New Testament(Injil) is corrupted. That's why, Quran was revealed to Mohammad.
for my opinion ,Torah and Quran share many teaching and stories of prophets .

the Conversation to other religion had nothing to do with "closer religion" , OP .

Akivah

Hello all

I have this curious question , based on my opinion
about that Judiasm is most religion close Islam more than Christianity (for Jews/Muslim view)

and Most religion close to Christains is Islam (inspite they used Torah as OT) because we Muslims believe in Jesus (pbuh) as Messiah, and Jews not.

this is my honest question to Jews : do you think that Islam is closer to your belief than Christianity ?

please consider this no offend, just an honest question , i hope it's faced by honest answsers , based on belief :)

Hi Godobeyer

I have a question about your question. Given that Jews are such a small group, why are you interested in what Jews think?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Hi Godobeyer

I have a question about your question. Given that Jews are such a small group, why are you interested in what Jews think?
It's was curious question coming to my mind for month , then today i was discuss with Christian in other topic , i told him Judiasm is closer religion to Islam (more than Christianity) , and Christianity is closer religion to Islam more than Judaism .

so Islam is in middle :)