• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where would the USA have been if it was not for the lies against Trump?

ecco

Veteran Member
It's really not debate-worthy. What is written is written and is indisputable. I'm not a Muslim, but I know how to read.

Exodus 21:20-21 New International Version (NIV)
20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.
Just look at the one verse strawman you are using.
Here you have a owner of his servant who beat their servant.
1. if this guy beat the servant, and he / she dies,

Are you being intentionally dishonest when you substitute the word "servant" for the word "slave"? The Bible clearly says "slave".

It's really sad that you pretend to not know the difference.
It's really sad that you need to turn to dishonesty to try to make your argument.

SA Huguenot

Yes, indeed. That is a silly superstitious notion. The only people who believe that are Creationists. Scientists and rational people who have even a basic understanding of Evolution don't believe that.

On the other hand;
A fully-formed Omni-All entity has always existed.
This Omni-All did nothing for 99.99999999999999999999999999999999+% of its existence.
Then, this Omni-All entity popped the entire universe into existence in six days just for you to exist.
Really Silly.
And again, You dont even know that making the claim "Scientists and rational people who have even a basic understanding of Evolution don't believe that." is not true.
Your whole evolutionary theory teaches as such, and all atheists believes this.

Then you are so confuced to think that God is part of creation and is bound bu Time, Space and matter.
is this the best you have to deny God?
it is as if you want to say, Lets look at a building.
We will find the architect in the walls!
And, this architect will deteriorate as the concrete will do over the next 500 years.
Shirbitt man, I dont even believe in this strawman god you attempt to present as YHWH!

SA Huguenot

Are you being intentionally dishonest when you substitute the word "servant" for the word "slave"? The Bible clearly says "slave".

It's really sad that you need to turn to dishonesty to try to make your argument.
I love it when ignorant people calls me dishonest, thinking I will ever make such an error to use a word in deception hoping I will never be caught out!
Do you think I am an imbicile?
The word used in the Bible, is not SLAVE, but "EBED" in hebrew!
Translate as Slave in certain places, but the meaning is "Servant"!
Servant.png

Thie word "EBED occurs 800 times in the OT, and is not slave.

SA Huguenot

I find your deliberate accusation of me being dishonest realy a sad situation.
You keep on hammering about slavery from a perspective of total ignorance.
You never read what the Bible says about "Slavery". and think you can critisize the Bible on this topic because it somehow should say what you want it to say.

Not only are you bias, and dont even know the meaning of the Biblical word 'Slave", but you never even read the Bible to find out for yourself what it says!
Well, let me help ypou.

Reading Deuteronomy 15: 11[1] and Leviticus 25: 47[2], we see that God says there will always be poor people in Israel. It is a sociological fact that no one can dispute. Even in modern times people die from starvation while their neighbours look on. However, God instructs the Nation of Israel to allow one family member to be sold to a rich family as a servant, or as the Atheist would like to call it, a ‘slave’. This person will work for their master and he has to pay enough money to support this slave’s family for up to 6 years! That must have been a lot of money in the first instance. Think about it. Your parents and siblings will have enough money to be provided for body and soul for 6 years! In the passage provided, we find this an institution as a way out of starvation and even out of death!

Your insults and ignorant view against the Bible is nothing short of foolishness.
I hope you will retract your claim that I was a liar in this regard.
You only have to answer one question to me...
Did you ever read the Bible for yourself?

No, you never did.
And you have the audacity to call it wrong!!!
Shame on you man!
[1] Deu15:11 For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.

Deu15:12 And if thy brother, an Hebrew man, or an Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee.

[2]•Lev 25:47 And if a sojourner or stranger wax rich by thee, and thy brother that dwelleth by him wax poor, and sell himself unto the stranger or sojourner by thee, or to the stock of the stranger’s family:

ecco

Veteran Member
And again, You dont even know that making the claim "Scientists and rational people who have even a basic understanding of Evolution don't believe that." is not true.
Your whole evolutionary theory teaches as such, and all atheists believes this.

Very specifically, I was responding to your nonsensical understanding of Evolution...
like silly superstitions that humans developed from an amoeba, became an ape, and became you.
Silly indeed.

As I said...Yes, indeed. That is a silly superstitious notion. The only people who believe that are Creationists. Scientists and rational people who have even a basic understanding of Evolution don't believe that.

If you want to continue to embarrass yourself with this line of reasoning, then please quote one Evolutionary Biologist or one textbook on Evolution that states "that humans developed from an amoeba, became an ape, and became you."

ecco

Veteran Member
Then you are so confuced to think that God is part of creation and is bound bu Time, Space and matter.
is this the best you have to deny God?

Shirbitt man, I dont even believe in this strawman god you attempt to present as YHWH!

Then you can clear up my "confucion" by clearly stating how and when your god came into existence. Also, show the basis for your "knowledge".

Be precise.

ecco

Veteran Member
I love it when ignorant people calls me dishonest, thinking I will ever make such an error to use a word in deception hoping I will never be caught out!

But, sometimes, like now, you do get called out.

Do you think I am an imbicile?

Forum rules prevent me from responding to that.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong...(my emphases)

http://archive.churchsociety.org/crossway/documents/Cway_102_Slavery1.pdf
Slavery in the Mosaic Law After the Israelites had fled Egypt they were given the Mosaic Law which allowed them to make slaves of Hebrews and foreigners.

Hebrew Slaves The Israelites were to treat their enslaved fellow Hebrews as if they were servants. (Lev 25 v39-40). They were also to give them the option of their freedom in the 7th year of their service (Ex 21 v2), and give them the means to make a new start (Deut 15 v12-18), although they could remain a slave if they chose. Anyone who stole a man and put him to slavery (Ex 21 v16) was to be put to death. There were various laws dealing with physical abuse of slaves (Ex 21 v20 & 26), and slaves who ran away from their masters were to be welcomed and not returned. (Deut 23.15).

Foreign Slaves The Israelites were allowed to buy slaves from the nations around them (Lev. 25 v44) and keep them indefinitely as slaves (Lev 25 v44-46), however they were included in the commonwealth of Israel on circumcision (Gn 17 v13), could share in festivals (Deut 16.11), including the Passover (Ex 12 v44) and were given the Sabbath rest (Ex 20 v10).

Reasons for slavery If an Israelite fell upon hard times they could offer to work for someone else who would in turn look after them (Lev 25 v39). If a thief was caught and could not make restitution then they were to be sold for the theft (Ex 22: v3). Debtors who went bankrupt could be forced to sell their children into slavery (2 Kings 4 v1).
The OT is very clear on the differences between a servant and a slave. You don't like it. That's your problem. Deal with it.

ecco

Veteran Member
I find your deliberate accusation of me being dishonest realy a sad situation.
You keep on hammering about slavery from a perspective of total ignorance.
You never read what the Bible says about "Slavery". and think you can critisize the Bible on this topic because it somehow should say what you want it to say.

Not only are you bias, and dont even know the meaning of the Biblical word 'Slave", but you never even read the Bible to find out for yourself what it says!
Well, let me help ypou.

Reading Deuteronomy 15: 11[1] and Leviticus 25: 47[2], we see that God says there will always be poor people in Israel. It is a sociological fact that no one can dispute. Even in modern times people die from starvation while their neighbours look on. However, God instructs the Nation of Israel to allow one family member to be sold to a rich family as a servant, or as the Atheist would like to call it, a ‘slave’. This person will work for their master and he has to pay enough money to support this slave’s family for up to 6 years! That must have been a lot of money in the first instance. Think about it. Your parents and siblings will have enough money to be provided for body and soul for 6 years! In the passage provided, we find this an institution as a way out of starvation and even out of death!

Your insults and ignorant view against the Bible is nothing short of foolishness.
I hope you will retract your claim that I was a liar in this regard.
You only have to answer one question to me...
Did you ever read the Bible for yourself?

No, you never did.
And you have the audacity to call it wrong!!!
Shame on you man!
[1] Deu15:11 For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.

Deu15:12 And if thy brother, an Hebrew man, or an Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee.

[2]•Lev 25:47 And if a sojourner or stranger wax rich by thee, and thy brother that dwelleth by him wax poor, and sell himself unto the stranger or sojourner by thee, or to the stock of the stranger’s family:
See my post # 369 above.

SA Huguenot

But, sometimes, like now, you do get called out.

Forum rules prevent me from responding to that.

Oh my dear friend.
You actually went on the WWW to find someone telling you the word "Ebed" means slave.
You actually found someone who ERRONEOUSLY, just like you think the word "EBED" is slave, and think the OT are the source of slavery.

Well, let me give you the words of John Lennox on Stepehn Hawkins on the erroneous claim that Gravity and Mathematics are the source of creation and not God.
Nonsense remains Nonsense!
Even if Stephen hawking speaks Nonsense, it will remain Nonsense!

You made a huge error in telling me that the word in the OT is "Slave", when I told you it should be translated as "Servant"
You actually told me that I an a deceiver in "Changeing the meaning of the word slave"
I showed you that you were wrong, and the English used the wrong word.
I attached a screenshot of the word "Slave in the KJV, and showed you what the Strongs translation tells us what it actuallu means.

You then realised you accused me wrongfully as a deceiver and twisting the meaning of the Bible.
In stead of just saying. OK, I did not know that, which no one would have held anything against you,
You then had to defend your attack, thinking you will now win face. (this is actually sel fworship and idolatory)
You spent a lot of time to attempt me proven wrong, and you posted this?
In your own words:

The OT is very clear on the differences between a servant and a slave. You don't like it. That's your problem. Deal with it.

SA Huguenot

Then you can clear up my "confucion" by clearly stating how and when your god came into existence. Also, show the basis for your "knowledge".

Be precise.
TNX for pointing out my spelling errors, I have a difficuilt time with the English language, and will love to correspond with you in Zulu or Afrikaans.
But unfortunately this forum is an English one.
You ask a very old question: "How did God come into existance"
Well, honestly, I Dont know!
What I do know is that if God created the Universe and everything beyond and within it, it simply means God is not part of it.
Again John Lennox's wisdom.
If I were too look at a Model T Ford, I will not see the creator of the vehicle, but I will be silly to call into question that henry Ford never existed.
I can walk around, sit in it, speak to it, and touch it but I will not find Henry anywhere in the car.

This opens a whole new way of thinking about God.
If I am the motorcar, and I want to know where god came from, I will get no answer, but I will know that there must have been a designer who built me!
I am caught in an existance of Time, matter and space.
And, I realise that this Time, Matter, and space is not God.
Even you will understand that the air around you, the clothes on you, the time passing you and the occupation of your body in space is not god, but something you are caugt into.

Therefore, the only way we can know if there is a God, will be when this God became one of us.
If ever this happened in the universe, in some time period, and in in the physical containing matter, then I will be able to recognise God as the Model T who proven to me that he rusted away, but miracilously re appeared brand spanking new with matter that will never wear down, or rust, and told me that he will leave for the hugw displayroom in the sky where time matter and space dont count anymore.

I will tell you where God came from.
From a human Women, 2000 years ago.
Where is God now?
Well he said he was going to the great displayroom where He and the Designer lives.

ecco

Veteran Member
Oh my dear friend.
You actually went on the WWW to find someone telling you the word "Ebed" means slave.
You actually found someone who ERRONEOUSLY, just like you think the word "EBED" is slave, and think the OT are the source of slavery.
A. I am definitely not your friend. I am choosy in that regard. I have no friends who are blowhards. I don't want any friends who are blowhards.

B. No, I did not go on the WWW to look for the word EBED. Other than quote what you said, did I use the word EBED in my response to you? No. I did not. Was the word EBED in the segment I quoted? No. It was not.

Part of your problem is that when you read things, you don't try to understand what is written, you just see confirmation for your beliefs, whether it is there or not.

ecco

Veteran Member
So, are you are admitting that the OT does discuss slaves. Why would the authors of the OT need to be clear on the differences between a servant and a slave if your EBED only meant servant as you have been asserting?

ecco

Veteran Member
Well, let me give you the words of John Lennox on Stepehn Hawkins on the erroneous claim that Gravity and Mathematics are the source of creation and not God.
One subject at a time. Let's stick to how the OT talks about how close to death it is permissible to beat a slave and what happens when someone crosses the line.

SA Huguenot

So, are you are admitting that the OT does discuss slaves. Why would the authors of the OT need to be clear on the differences between a servant and a slave if your EBED only meant servant as you have been asserting?
No wonder you dont understand the Bible.
You cant read and ubderstand what you read.
I see it is a huge problem in the USA's education system where surveys were done and it was established that the Americans have huge problems in this area of education.
Go back to my post, and try to comprehend what I did in using your quote pal.

SA Huguenot

One subject at a time. Let's stick to how the OT talks about how close to death it is permissible to beat a slave and what happens when someone crosses the line.
Go and read my letter to Y Ismail I posted for you. All in there.

ecco

Veteran Member
No wonder you dont understand the Bible.
You cant read and ubderstand what you read.

You are really showing signs of desperation. You cannot even make up your own arguments. The best you can do is repeat and copy my arguments...
Part of your problem is that when you read things, you don't try to understand what is written, you just see confirmation for your beliefs, whether it is there or not.

I see it is a huge problem in the USA's education system where surveys were done and it was established that the Americans have huge problems in this area of education.

Perhaps the problem lies with your writing ability. After all, you did admit that American English is not your first language. However, I don't think that that is the problem. But let's see.

I'll ask again...
Why would the authors of the OT need to be clear on the differences between a servant and a slave if your EBED only meant servant as you have been asserting?​

That question is clear enough that a fifth-grader could understand it. That, combined with your vast knowledge of the Bible, should make it easy to respond to. Yet you don't.

... using your quote pal.

Here again, you demonstrate your inability to comprehend simple, clear sentences. Did you miss this...
I am definitely not your friend.
Do you not understand that, if I'm not your friend, I'm not your pal. Again, this is fifth-grader stuff.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
Oh, you're more than welcome to visit, just leave your anti-American attitude at home.

I was in Panama when i was 12. I'm a non-English speaking European. When visiting a (very American style, for reasons *cough* invasion *cough*) convenience store, there was an American yelling the n-word to the employees(who were all black.)

I went to him and told him, in English, that he's fat and stupid. Everyone laughed but him.

Lol, Americans. You only need to invent a punchline, they do all the rest by themselves when in situations that deal with other cultures.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I was in Panama when i was 12. I'm a non-English speaking European. When visiting a (very American style, for reasons *cough* invasion *cough*) convenience store, there was an American yelling the n-word to the employees(who were all black.)

I went to him and told him, in English, that he's fat and stupid. Everyone laughed but him.

Lol, Americans. You only need to invent a punchline, they do all the rest by themselves when in situations that deal with other cultures.

Is everyone in your country as enlightened and erudite as you? Then why judge everyone by one example?