• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where to fit/put God?

questfortruth

Me: ""Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from divinity." (Arthur C. Clarke). Wrong, dear Arthur. Why? I know that the spaceship of Elon Musk is not God, I know that TV is not God, and I know that the automobile of Tesla is not God. So, technology and divinity are distinguishable by the people who have this technology. PS. I am for Biden."

CC: “Why are you for President Biden?”

Me: “He is a member of Catholic Christianity. And not a fool because they found God and received the Nobel Prize for Him, namely for "Accelerated Expansion of the Universe under the influence of invisible Dark Energy." Einstein's equations (special equations, not E=mc^2) describe everything. After all, on the left is Time and Space, and on the right - is everything in the world. Science does not know what Dark Energy and Dark Matter mean in this equation. And I know what it is. God is Dark Energy because God is not matter (hare, wood, brick) but the Spirit of Love. Or grace and energy. And Paradise, with its buildings, gardens, groves, angels, and souls of dead people, is Dark Matter. Where is God? God is everywhere. Dark Energy is everywhere too. More in:
A Nurturant Darkness: God as Dark Matter
I see no problem if blue or pink thing gives us eternal life and happiness.

CC: “Why exactly Dark Energy, and not exotic matter with negative mass?” Me: "Last one not found." CC: “The first one was not found either, only a manifestation; that's why the wording "Dark" was invented. It could be related to anything. For example, the gravitational influence of parallel worlds could explain the Universe's Accelerated Expansion.

Me: “Where to fit/put God?”

CC: “But I didn’t need this hypothesis” (c) Pierre Laplace.

Me: “Where should a believer fit/put God?”

CC: "On the shelf to Santa Claus and transformers))."

Me: “Don’t blaspheme the faith. Where to fit/put God? Imagine that you are a regular guy. Where to fit/put God?

CC: "I'm telling you where all the other fictional characters are."

Me: "If the light of faith enlightened you, where would you fit/put God? God is Dark Energy."

CC: "Well, there's a giant gap in your logic. After all, the universe is full of hydrogen, so why isn't God hydrogen?"

Me: "I'm not a pantheist, but a Christian. Where can a Christian fit/put God? The Christian believes that God is everywhere, and in his bladder too. God is on the Moon and Mars. Where should a Christian fit/put God? God is Dark Energy, not hydrogen. Is there hydrogen in your bladder? No. Hence, omnipresent God is not hydrogen."

My CV is here:
ETIS

Why do we (Christians) have God in three persons? God the Father gives birth to God the Son, and from God the Father comes the Holy Spirit. To solve the puzzle, look at the people around you. They are being born. Since there are people in the world, there is the man named Jesus Christ in Heaven - the head of the Eastern Orthodox Church. Look at nature. The creative hand makes nature -- there is the spirit of creativity. Society has the Spirit of Love, the Spirit of Knowledge, and the Spirit of Holiness. All good things come from God. But the suffering, sickness, and death are from the evil spirit. The world has two spirits: the Holy Spirit (God) and the evil spirit (satan).

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Me: ""Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from divinity." (Arthur C. Clarke). Wrong, dear Arthur. Why? I know that the spaceship of Elon Musk is not God, I know that TV is not God, and I know that the automobile of Tesla is not God. So, technology and divinity are distinguishable by the people who have this technology.
Aren't you being rather selective here, given that what we know now is rather more than when most major religions formed? Even then, if some aliens introduced mobile phone technology to Earth such would be magic to the inhabitants of Earth, let alone to those living several thousand years earlier. And why would we not expect future technology to have the same impact on any earlier generations? Apart from the fact that having tasted much technology we can often predict what might come in the future - not so for those living much earlier though. :oops:

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I honestly thought our first VCR was a gift from God. I was a messed up kid, though.

questfortruth

Aren't you being rather selective here, given that what we know now is rather more than when most major religions formed? Even then, if some aliens introduced mobile phone technology to Earth such would be magic to the inhabitants of Earth, let alone to those living several thousand years earlier. And why would we not expect future technology to have the same impact on any earlier generations? Apart from the fact that having tasted much technology we can often predict what might come in the future - not so for those living much earlier though. :oops:
This information, this thought of yours, is not included in the Arthur's quote. Hence, you have more mind-power than Arthur Clarke.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Is there hydrogen in your bladder? No.

Of course, there is. What molecules do you think make up urine? Water molecules. What is water comprised of? Oxygen and hydrogen. Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe. Even a remedial understanding of chemistry will show you that.

Don’t blaspheme the faith.

"Blasphemy: A law to stop an all-powerful, supernatural deity from getting its feelings hurt." - Ricky Gervais

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I meant not the protons, but molecular hydrogen H2. There is no H2 in urine.

I can't believe I am defending pee on a religious forum.

Urine contains water and urea. Water is composed of two hydrogen atoms. Urea is composed of four hydrogen atoms.

Hydrogen is present in urine.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ones who have made technology of 300000 AD are not thinking that this is God.

Who has made such technology?

I think you are misunderstanding the point of the phrase. Sufficient advanced does not mean a quantum step from current technology. What it means is technology so advanced that you simply cannot comprehend it.

For example, demonstrating a laser to someone who has no idea what a candle is.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Urine contains water and urea. Water is composed of two hydrogen atoms. Urea is composed of four hydrogen atoms. Hydrogen is present in urine.

You'd probably agree that this is a semantic argument, meaning that there is no disagreement about what is the case, but rather, what to call it. To you, any proton not combined with other protons in an atomic nucleus, whether a lone atom or part of a molecule, is hydrogen. He reserves the word for neutral hydrogen gas. Such disputes are easily resolved by noting that you use the words differently, and that if you used the same definition for hydrogen, there would be no disagreement about what's in a bladder.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
You'd probably agree that this is a semantic argument, meaning that there is no disagreement about what is the case, but rather, what to call it. To you, any proton not combined with other protons in an atomic nucleus, whether a lone atom or part of a molecule, is hydrogen. He reserves the word for neutral hydrogen gas. Such disputes are easily resolved by noting that you use the words differently, and that if you used the same definition for hydrogen, there would be no disagreement about what's in a bladder.

That's a good point.

questfortruth

I can't believe I am defending pee on a religious forum.

Urine contains water and urea. Water is composed of two hydrogen atoms. Urea is composed of four hydrogen atoms.

Hydrogen is present in urine.
The Dark Energy is in urine.

Last edited: