• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is the Truth really written?

ManSinha

@Evangelicalhumanist

And of course even in those texts - there are some internal nuances - as an example a quote from the RigVeda that I consider to be true even after 3500 years

RigVeda Chapter 10 - stanza 129 - the hymn of creation

6 Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?
7 He, the first origin of this creation, whether he formed it all or did not form it,
Whose eye controls this world in highest heaven, he verily knows it, or perhaps he knows not.

And then the words spoken by Lord Krishna to Arjun on the field of the war

BG 7:6
Know that all living beings are manifested by these two energies of mine. I am the source of the entire creation, and into me it again dissolves.

BG 7:7
There is nothing higher than myself, O Arjun. Everything rests in me, as beads strung on a thread.

So I would say the "truth" is complicated at best - for me personally it is relatively easy

Three tenets laid out by the 1st Master

1. Work hard and honestly
2. Share what you have with your fellow creatures
3. Remember the lord

No consequences specified for not following any one of them. (My belief is that heaven and hell are figments of people's imagination)

FWIW - one person's POV

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
"When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not wrong him.The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I the LORD am your God." [Leviticus 19:33,34; not found in your typical science text]

atanu

Premium Member
.....And to say that there is some unchangeable "eternal word" that could surpass that knowledge I believe to be a silly, childish notion.

Your understanding of religions may come out as silly and childish to many well reasoned folks. You never seem to understand the complementary nature of two wings of knowledge. You never seem to investigate that examples you quote as failures of religions could be general human failures and also individual’s failure to grasp esoteric points.

Of course, YMMV.

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Your understanding of religions may come out as silly and childish to many well reasoned folks. You never seem to understand the complementary nature of two wings of knowledge. You never seem to investigate that examples you quote as failures of religions could be general human failures and also individual’s failure to grasp esoteric points.

Of course, YMMV.

I do not accept a lot of what religions talk about as "knowledge" at all. I do not accept the ideas of heaven or hell, for example -- and, at least to date, no amount of investigation has ever provided an iota of evidence that either exists. And in fact, the idea that both exist, along with an omnibenevolent deity, is a deep contradiction. There's lots of other stuff that you are labelling one "wing of knowledge" that I also don't accept. There's no end of stuff that can easily be labelled "belief" without ever being considered to be in the realm of knowlege -- however strongly believed.

MJ Bailey

"When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not wrong him.The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I the LORD am your God." [Leviticus 19:33,34; not found in your typical science text]
True, but any individual rather they believe in God or Science, or any other belief system, in that given situation, as long as no harm is being done and the resources are there. should react like that IMO.