• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Your response here...

Oh did you, my apologies. Perhaps I missed it. Can you please post me the link where you answered my question above your post here saying you answered it? Also if you cannot post me the link where you answered my question above to you why are you pretending that you did?
I'm not pretending anything but I am disinclined to go back through the thread. You can do it though if you like.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Its a public forum.
Yes it is.

I never said you cannot understand anything that is written to you.
I never said you did.

Whether you choose to believe or not that is up to you.
Yes it is.

However, you did in fact say:
This is something you cannot understand as an unbeliever and does not believe and obey Gods Word. You can never know God and His Words if God is not your guide and teacher (Isaiah 55:8-9). God only promises to teach all those who believe and obey what His Word says (see John 3:36; John 14:26; John 16:13). Your unbelief only proves you do not know God and His Word because you are still in your sins and unbelief.
So you are in fact attempting to explain something you yourself flat out stated can not be understood.

When asked what your end goal is you replied:
Correcting misinformation on a public forum
then when I asked:

How are you "correcting" anything if the other side has no chance of understanding anything you say?
you run off into left field with:

Why do you think Jesus spoke in parables?

3rdAngel

However, you did in fact say:
Re-posted
3rdAngel said: This is something you cannot understand as an unbeliever who does not believe and obey Gods Word. You can never know God and His Words if God is not your guide and teacher (Isaiah 55:8-9). God only promises to teach all those who believe and obey what His Word says (see John 3:36; John 14:26; John 16:13). Your unbelief only proves you do not know God and His Word because you are still in your sins and unbelief.
Yes I did. If you do not believe and obey what Gods Word says and continue in your sins and unbelief you will never understand Gods Words. This is because our sins separate us from God and His presence and we cannot understand God and His Word if he does not guide us and teaches us (Isaiah 55:8-9; Isaiah 59:2; Proverbs 28:9)
So you are in fact attempting to explain something you yourself flat out stated can not be understood.
Nope. Why do you think I asked you why did Jesus speak in parables?
When asked what your end goal is you replied: "3rdAngel said: Correcting misinformation on a public forum" then when I asked: How are you "correcting" anything if the other side has no chance of understanding anything you say? you run off into left field with:
Well that is not true. I asked you why did Jesus speak in parables. I have asked you the same question I think three times now showing it is you who is running off from the discussion. I am still here waiting for your response.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
God also guides us and teaches us His Words through His Spirit if we ask Him. It is a part of Gods new covenant promise. See John 7:17; John 14:26; John 16:13 and 1 John 2:27 and Hebrews 8:11 (part of Hebrews 8:10-12).
As it is said, live and learn. 1 Corinthians 13:11 - When I was a child I used to speak as a child, To prefer as a child, To reason as a child: Now I have become a man I have laid aside the things of the child!

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Then you should not have any problems answering my questions. But it seems you do. If we are saved by Gods grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8) and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17) how can you have saving faith if the scriptures are not the only rule of faith?
My post question to Kathryn above
I actually think she did. The problem is few are willing to go into detail about what they say and believe.
Ok please post me the link? Lets be honest please.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
My post question to Kathryn above

Ok please post me the link? Lets be honest please.
I may not agree with her take, but I understood what she said. Post #1763. I guess Kathryn can correct me if I'm wrong about understanding her post.

Tomef

Repeating the same verse over and over that you have cherry picked out of context to build a false teaching around, does not magically make your interpretation of it come true as proven in the context you left out to the rest of the chapter and the bible. If you disagree please address the scripture context that are in disagreement with your interpretation of Colossians 2:16 which is talking about the meat and drink offerings and laws of atonement in the new moons, and sabbaths (plural) in the annual feast days that were shadows of things to come pointing to Jesus.

I guess you were no left with any wiggle room were you.

Post # 1. Chapter context of Colossians 2:11-17 and within scripture context of Colossians 2:16 (post # 1618 linked)
Post # 2. Colossians 2:16 what is Paul quoting from in the old testament scriptures (post # 1620 linked)
Post # 3. Colossians 2:16 what is Paul quoting from in the new testament scriptures (post # 1622 linked)
Post # 4. Why it is impossible Gods creation Sabbath of Gods 10 commandments cannot be a shadow law of anything (post # 1657 linked)

You simply ignored the above right and were unable to respond to all the scriptures here that are in disagreement with your interpretation of a single scripture taken out of context to the rest of the bible. Now if you cannot address a single post here what is your argument? You have none do you. Just be honest.
Nothing you have said anywhere has anything to do with this notion of having to treat Saturdays as special, on pain of eternal damnation. This is what led to this: a) some guy decided to start a cult b) every cult needs its signature move c) nobody has done the sabbath for a couple of thousands years, I’ll go with that. Nothing you are saying comes from the Bible, it is not what the verses you refer to are saying by any definition. You are reading what you have already been indoctrinated with into the Bible. If you had even the most basic understanding of Christ’s message you would know how utterly ridiculous it is to get into a fuss over which particular period between dawn and sunset you call the sabbath. And where does this notion come from that other groups teach the sabbath must be held, and on a Sunday? I mean, who teaches that? It’s just a convenient time for people to have a day off and go to church. Nobody keeps the sabbath - even your lot, you have an inverse sabbath, a day when you all engage in what would be considered ‘work’ under OT law. It’s all gibberish, nothing you have said substantiates your claims even remotely. You don’t seem to understand that just saying a verse from the Bible means something it clearly doesn’t mean at all is just a chimera, a meaningless assertion of what you believe regardless of what the Bible has to say about it.

You need to go back to square one. Forget about carefully selected verses and artificially created dogma. Read the whole thing, try and understand what it’s saying, and make your own mind up.

3rdAngel

Nothing you have said anywhere has anything to do with this notion of having to treat Saturdays as special, on pain of eternal damnation. This is what led to this: a) some guy decided to start a cult b) every cult needs its signature move c) nobody has done the sabbath for a couple of thousands years, I’ll go with that. Nothing you are saying comes from the Bible, it is not what the verses you refer to are saying by any definition. You are reading what you have already been indoctrinated with into the Bible. If you had even the most basic understanding of Christ’s message you would know how utterly ridiculous it is to get into a fuss over which particular period between dawn and sunset you call the sabbath. And where does this notion come from that other groups teach the sabbath must be held, and on a Sunday? I mean, who teaches that? It’s just a convenient time for people to have a day off and go to church. Nobody keeps the sabbath - even your lot, you have an inverse sabbath, a day when you all engage in what would be considered ‘work’ under OT law. It’s all gibberish, nothing you have said substantiates your claims even remotely. You don’t seem to understand that just saying a verse from the Bible means something it clearly doesn’t mean at all is just a chimera, a meaningless assertion of what you believe regardless of what the Bible has to say about it.

You need to go back to square one. Forget about carefully selected verses and artificially created dogma. Read the whole thing, try and understand what it’s saying, and make your own mind up.
Not for you because you are an unbeliever that does not know God or His Words. Your words are only yours denying Gods Words that are in disagreement with you. Forever searching but never knowing because you walk a path of sin and unbelief. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgement day according to the scriptures.

Tomef

Your words are only yours denying Gods Words that are in disagreement with you
Like what? As you can plainly see it is you who denies the meaning of the scriptures, or rather spins them into an absurdly simplistic and transparently false dogma. There's nothing I've read on this subject in the bible I disagree with, or that is contrary to the straightforward interpretation - in contrast to your contrived and obviously fallacious dogma. The problem isn't in the text, it's in your brain.

3rdAngel

Like what? As you can plainly see it is you who denies the meaning of the scriptures, or rather spins them into an absurdly simplistic and transparently false dogma. There's nothing I've read on this subject in the bible I disagree with, or that is contrary to the straightforward interpretation - in contrast to your contrived and obviously fallacious dogma. The problem isn't in the text, it's in your brain.
Sorry I do not believe you as has been already proven in our discussion and my posts and scripture content you are unwilling to discuss. Let me know when you are prepared to discuss the scripture details and context you disregard in order to build your doctrines around cheery picked scripture pulled from their context in order to support your position of unbelief and sin. This is a scripture debate forum. From our discussions and your unwillingness to engage, with scripture that is in disagreement with you, I think you are in the wrong place.

Tomef

Sorry I do not believe you as has been already proven in our discussion and my posts and scripture content you are unwilling to discuss. Let me know when you are prepared to discuss the scripture details and context you disregard in order to build your doctrines around cheery picked scripture pulled from their context in order to support your position of unbelief and sin. This is a scripture debate forum. From our discussions and your unwillingness to engage, with scripture that is in disagreement with you, I think you are in the wrong place.
As long as you pretend the verse in question doesn’t mean what it plainly states, any attempt at discussion is pointless. This isn’t a context issue - the items in a list are not context, and the context of the chapter unambiguously supports the plain meaning of the verse. This is a you-can’t-see-past-your-dogma issue. Until you recognise that, your claim that you want a discussion is an obvious lie. You don’t want to discuss, you simply want to push your dogma, which is so crappily put together it isn’t worthy of debate, on the level of flat-earthery. It’s not my fault you can’t think past it, nor that you are immune to anything that might approach actual discussion.

Just read the verse and tell me what it says. Then explain, in your own words and in a way that indicates some level of understanding, exactly why you think it doesn’t mean what it says. And no, your previous feeble attempts haven’t begun to make that clear.

3rdAngel

As long as you pretend the verse in question doesn’t mean what it plainly states, any attempt at discussion is pointless. This isn’t a context issue - the items in a list are not context, and the context of the chapter unambiguously supports the plain meaning of the verse. This is a you-can’t-see-past-your-dogma issue. Until you recognise that, your claim that you want a discussion is an obvious lie. You don’t want to discuss, you simply want to push your dogma, which is so crappily put together it isn’t worthy of debate, on the level of flat-earthery. It’s not my fault you can’t think past it, nor that you are immune to anything that might approach actual discussion.

Just read the verse and tell me what it says. Then explain, in your own words and in a way that indicates some level of understanding, exactly why you think it doesn’t mean what it says. And no, your previous feeble attempts haven’t begun to make that clear.
The verse does indeed mean what it plainly says. It just does not mean what you say it means. It says not to judge anyone in regards to meat offerings and drink offerings on the new moons and the sabbaths (plural) in the annual Feast days which are shadows of things to come. What it does not mean is your interpretation of cherry picked scripture pulled from its context to say that Gods Sabbath commandment of Gods 10 commandments has been abolished. This interpretation is in disagreement to scripture context and the rest of the bible.

You repeating the same thing over and over without discussing the contexts to the rest of the bible that is in disagreement with you only tells me you do not know scripture and you should not be in this forum as you are unable to discuss scripture detail that is in disagreement with you when challenged. Perhaps you are better off trying another type of Christian forum more suited to your lack of knowledge of the scriptures. Your silence here is deafening. I guess you were no left with any wiggle room were you which is why you have ignored and refuse to discuss the following posts.

Post # 1. Chapter context of Colossians 2:11-17 and within scripture context of Colossians 2:16 (post # 1618 linked)
Post # 2. Colossians 2:16 what is Paul quoting from in the old testament scriptures (post # 1620 linked)
Post # 3. Colossians 2:16 what is Paul quoting from in the new testament scriptures (post # 1622 linked)
Post # 4. Why it is impossible Gods creation Sabbath of Gods 10 commandments cannot be a shadow law of anything (post # 1657 linked)

You simply ignored the above right and were unable to respond to all the scriptures here that are in disagreement with your interpretation of a single scripture taken out of context to the rest of the bible. Now if you cannot address a single post here what is your argument? You have none do you. Just be honest. I think you are in the wrong forum because you do not know scripture and are unable to discuss the scripture details when challenged.

Last edited:

Tomef

The verse does indeed mean what it plainly says. It just does not mean what you say it means. It says not to judge anyone in regards to meat offerings and drink offerings on the new moons and the sabbaths (plural) in the annual Feast days which are shadows of things to come. What it does not mean is your interpretation of cherry picked scripture pulled from its context to say that Gods Sabbath commandment of Gods 10 commandments has been abolished. This interpretation is in disagreement to scripture context and the rest of the bible.

You repeating the same thing over and over without discussing the contexts to the rest of the bible that is in disagreement with you only tells me you do not know scripture and you should not be in this forum as you are unable to discuss scripture detail that is in disagreement with you when challenged. Perhaps you are better off trying another type of Christian forum more suited to your lack of knowledge of the scriptures. Your silence here is deafening. I guess you were no left with any wiggle room were you which is why you have ignored and refuse to discuss the following posts.

You simply ignored the above right and were unable to respond to all the scriptures here that are in disagreement with your interpretation of a single scripture taken out of context to the rest of the bible. Now if you cannot address a single post here what is your argument? You have none do you. Just be honest. I think you are in the wrong forum because you do not know scripture and are unable to discuss the scripture details when challenged.
Rendering yourself incapable of thought in the service of dogma is not a good thing. You should reflect on that.

Here is what the relevant passage says:

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[d] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.[e]
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

You can actually see what it says. Beyond pointing out that there were deluded people back then too who hung onto bits and pieces of the legal framework, whom this was a warning against, it needs no further explanation.

Here, on the other hand, is your delusional notion:

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink (ok!) , or with regard to a religious festival (ok!), a New Moon celebration (Ok!) or a Sabbath day (oh no wait that’s different um shadow laws it’s not supposed to be part of this list, why did Paul write that? Oh I know, he didn’t actually mean it).

I mean, come on, man. You have a brain, just think about it.

Tomef

all the scriptures here that are in disagreement with your interpretation of a single scripture taken out of context to the rest of the bible.
This is simply ridiculous - none of those scriptures is in any way in disagreement with what Paul wrote about festivals and sabbaths. Your fixation on the sabbath day has nothing to do with the content of any of those scriptures. The embarrassing reality here is that you, a supposed believer, fail to understand the basic message of the New Testament.