• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

TrueBeliever37

There are many different kinds of sabbaths in the old covenant. Colossians 2:16 is not talking about Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandments. It is talking about the meat and drink offerings in the annual sabbaths (plural not singular) in the annual feast days. and not not letting others judge you in this regards. The scripture does not say Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandment is now abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest.

All shadow laws point forward to things to come in Gods plan of salvation and atonement for sin pointing to Jesus as Gods promised Saviour for the sins of the whole world and were all given AFTER THE FALL AND SIN of mankind in the garden of Eden. It is IMPOSSIBLE for Gods 4th commandment and creation Sabbath to be a shadow of anything. Why? Because God made the Sabbath for all mankind BEFORE SIN AND LAW entered the world NOT AFTER SIN ENTERED THE WORLD. The Sabbath was made on the seventh day of the creation week when mankind was sinless and there was no plan of salvation and no law.

This is also further proven in Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandments in Exodus 20:8-11 where the commandment starts of by saying "REMEMBER" THE SABBATH DAY TO KEEP IT HOLY" The commandment is pointing BACKWARDS NOT FORWARDS TO THINGS TO COME as shadow laws do. The commandment is a MEMORIAL (Remember) pointing back to Genesis 2:1-3 as demonstrated in Exodus 20:11. So it is impossible for Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11) to be a shadow law of anything as it points backwards as a memorial to the creation week (see Exodus 20:11) and to the seventh day where God blessed and made the seventh day a holy day of rest for all mankind (Mark 2:27; Genesis 2:1-3) in honor of our God who is the creator of heaven and earth. You might also want to consider Gods 10 commandments give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken (see 1 John 3:4) and if we break anyone of them just like committing murder or adultery we stand before God guilty of sin and death (James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4 and Romans 3:19-20). Finally Hebrews 4:1-11 is telling is to keep the Sabbath not break the Sabbath (see Hebrews 4:1-5; 9-11). Happy to discuss this in detail if you are interested.

Again read the whole chapter of Romans 14. The chapter is talking about eating and drinking (fasting) on days that men esteem over other days and judging others in this regard. There is no application to Gods Sabbath commandment here. You have to read that into the scriptures. Again there is not a single scripture in all the bible that teaches Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20) has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. This is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word into breaking the commandments of God and the very warnings of Hebrew 3 and Hebrews 4 and the very words of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9 who says that if we do these things we are not worshiping God. It is not wise to cherry pick the scriptures taken out of context to the rest of the bible and try and build a doctrine around them to seek to try and justify sin (1 John 3:4) and unbelief.
You have a wall of text and I'm not going to respond to all of it. But it was a shadow, representing what will be on that eternal sabbath - a day when there will be true rest for God's people. Surely you don't think when God's angel has declared time shall be no more, and the judgement has come and those that make it to that eternal rest will continue to try to keep a particular day above others.

Re: your 2nd paragraph above. Show me scripture where they were required to keep the Sabbath before the law please. Even the very commandment itself you keep using WAS part of the law. You said it's impossible - yet the scripture says the law was a shadow - and the very fact that you are saying it was the 4th commandment means it was a part of the law.

3rdAngel

You have a wall of text and I'm not going to respond to all of it. But it was a shadow, representing what will be on that eternal sabbath - a day when there will be true rest for God's people. Surely you don't think when God's angel has declared time shall be no more, and the judgement has come and those that make it to that eternal rest will continue to try to keep a particular day above others.
Well you did not respond to any of the scriptures I posted to you earlier proving that Gods seventh day Sabbath of the 10 commandments cannot be a shadow of anything. Take some time and think about what you are saying. All shadow laws point forward to Christ and Gods plan of salvation for sin and were given after mankind fell into temptation and sin right? The Sabbath according to the scriptures was made for mankind BEFORE man sinned and the commandments does not point FORWARD but points BACKWARDS as a MEMORIAL "REMEMBER the Sabbath day to keep it Holy" so Gods Sabbath commandment in the 10 commandment cannot be a SHADOW LAW of anything as it points BACKWARDS not FORWARDS to thing to come in Christ. (scriptures already provided as you have already stated in my last post to you).

No one makes it to Gods eternal rest by breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments according to the scriptures. This is the very definition of what sin and unbelief is according to the scriptures and what keeps us away and out of Gods rest according to the scripture (see James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Matthew 7:13-23; Hebrews 10:26-31; Isaiah 59:2; John 3:36; Isaiah 57:20). We have all been taught lies at Sunday school. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that teaches Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath of the 10 commandments has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor or the resurrection of Jesus. This is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word into breaking the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. God is calling us all where ever we might be to worship Him in Spirit and in truth to come out of following man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from Him into breaking His commandments back to His Word (see John 10:16; John 4:23-24; John 17:17). Gods sheep who are His true followers will here His voice (the Word) and follow Him. Those who do not hear and do not follow He says are not His sheep and will be lost in their sins and unbelief.
Re: your 2nd paragraph above. Show me scripture where they were required to keep the Sabbath before the law please. Even the very commandment itself you keep using WAS part of the law.
Before the written Words of God were given to mankind at Mt Sinai, God communicated to man directly by the spoken Words of God (e.g. Genesis 3:9; 13-14; 22; 4:24; 6:13; 9:1;12; 17; 17:1 etc etc). Jesus tells us in Mark 2:27 that the Sabbath was made for man (Human beings). According to the scriptures the Sabbath was made on the seventh day of the creation week in Genesis 2:1-3. There was only Adam and Eve made on the 6th day of the creation week *Genesis 1:26-31 when God made the Sabbath for all mankind. There is no direct scripture saying that Gods people were verbally given anyone of Gods 10 commandments before Mt Sinai. However, that does not mean that Gods people did not know His laws through the spoken Words of God because it is written about Abraham in Genesis 26:5 "5, Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws." So an argument in silence is not an argument to sin against God and not believe and obey His Word.

Breaking Gods law in the new covenant is the very definition of what sin and unbelief is according to the scriptures and what keeps us away and out of Gods rest (see James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Matthew 7:13-23; Hebrews 10:26-31; Isaiah 59:2; John 3:36; Isaiah 57:20). We have all been taught lies at Sunday school. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that teaches Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath of the 10 commandments has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor or the resurrection of Jesus. This is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word into breaking the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. God is calling us all where ever we might be to worship Him in Spirit and in truth to come out of following man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from Him into breaking His commandments back to His Word (see John 10:16; John 4:23-24; John 17:17). Gods sheep His true followers will here His voice (the Word) and follow Him. Those who do not hear and do not follow He says are not His sheep and will be lost in their sins and unbelief.
You said it's impossible - yet the scripture says the law was a shadow - and the very fact that you are saying it was the 4th commandment means it was a part of the law.
Yes according to the scriptures (already provided) it is impossible for Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandments to be a shadow of anything as already proven in the first response of this post and my earlier post with scripture. You say here or seem to believe that all law was a shadow. That claims is unbiblical and unsupported by scripture. However some of Gods laws were indeed a shadow and these are Gods laws for atonement. You are mixing up Gods shadow laws of atonement from the old covenant that point to Jesus and Gods plan of salvation in the new covenant based on better promises with Gods eternal laws (10 commandments) written on stone that are Gods standard of right and wrong doing, sin and righteousness and good and evil and have the same role in the new covenant as they have always had in the old covenant.

The purpose of Gods 10 commandments s to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD (moral right doing when obeyed) and EVIL (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); SIN (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and RIGHTEOUSNESS (moral right doing when obeyed) *see Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Psalms 119:172. Gods 10 commandments are not shadow laws they are Gods standard of right and wrong, good and evil, sin and righteousness and according to the scriptures if we knowingly and willfully break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin and death and if we continue doing this we will be in danger of the judgement to come (see Acts 17:30-31 compare Hebrews 10:26-31; Matthew 7:13-26; 1 John 2:3-4; John 3:3-7 compare 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14)

Take Care.

Last edited:

TrueBeliever37

Well you did not respond to any of the scriptures I posted to you earlier proving that Gods seventh day Sabbath of the 10 commandments cannot be a shadow of anything. Take some time and think about what you are saying. All shadow laws point forward to Christ and Gods plan of salvation for sin and were given after mankind fell into temptation and sin right? The Sabbath according to the scriptures was made for mankind BEFORE man sinned and the commandments does not point FORWARD but points BACKWARDS as a MEMORIAL "REMEMBER the Sabbath day to keep it Holy" so Gods Sabbath commandment in the 10 commandment cannot be a SHADOW LAW of anything as it points BACKWARDS not FORWARDS to thing to come in Christ. (scriptures already provided as you have already stated in my last post to you).

No one makes it to Gods eternal rest by breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments according to the scriptures. This is the very definition of what sin and unbelief is according to the scriptures and what keeps us away and out of Gods rest according to the scripture (see James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Matthew 7:13-23; Hebrews 10:26-31; Isaiah 59:2; John 3:36; Isaiah 57:20). We have all been taught lies at Sunday school. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that teaches Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath of the 10 commandments has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor or the resurrection of Jesus. This is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word into breaking the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. God is calling us all where ever we might be to worship Him in Spirit and in truth to come out of following man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from Him into breaking His commandments back to His Word (see John 10:16; John 4:23-24; John 17:17). Gods sheep who are His true followers will here His voice (the Word) and follow Him. Those who do not hear and do not follow He says are not His sheep and will be lost in their sins and unbelief.

Before the written Words of God were given to mankind at Mt Sinai, God communicated to man directly by the spoken Words of God (e.g. Genesis 3:9; 13-14; 22; 4:24; 6:13; 9:1;12; 17; 17:1 etc etc). Jesus tells us in Mark 2:27 that the Sabbath was made for man (Human beings). According to the scriptures the Sabbath was made on the seventh day of the creation week in Genesis 2:1-3. There was only Adam and Eve made on the 6th day of the creation week *Genesis 1:26-31 when God made the Sabbath for all mankind. There is no direct scripture saying that Gods people were verbally given anyone of Gods 10 commandments before Mt Sinai. However, that does not mean that Gods people did not know His laws through the spoken Words of God because it is written about Abraham in Genesis 26:5 "5, Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws." So an argument in silence is not an argument to sin against God and not believe and obey His Word.

Breaking Gods law in the new covenant is the very definition of what sin and unbelief is according to the scriptures and what keeps us away and out of Gods rest (see James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Matthew 7:13-23; Hebrews 10:26-31; Isaiah 59:2; John 3:36; Isaiah 57:20). We have all been taught lies at Sunday school. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that teaches Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath of the 10 commandments has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor or the resurrection of Jesus. This is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word into breaking the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. God is calling us all where ever we might be to worship Him in Spirit and in truth to come out of following man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from Him into breaking His commandments back to His Word (see John 10:16; John 4:23-24; John 17:17). Gods sheep His true followers will here His voice (the Word) and follow Him. Those who do not hear and do not follow He says are not His sheep and will be lost in their sins and unbelief.

Yes according to the scriptures (already provided) it is impossible for Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandments to be a shadow of anything as already proven in the first response of this post and my earlier post with scripture. You say here or seem to believe that all law was a shadow. That claims is unbiblical and unsupported by scripture. However some of Gods laws were indeed a shadow and these are Gods laws for atonement. You are mixing up Gods shadow laws of atonement from the old covenant that point to Jesus and Gods plan of salvation in the new covenant based on better promises with Gods eternal laws (10 commandments) written on stone that are Gods standard of right and wrong doing, sin and righteousness and good and evil and have the same role in the new covenant as they have always had in the old covenant.

The purpose of Gods 10 commandments s to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD (moral right doing when obeyed) and EVIL (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); SIN (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and RIGHTEOUSNESS (moral right doing when obeyed) *see Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Psalms 119:172. Gods 10 commandments are not shadow laws they are Gods standard of right and wrong, good and evil, sin and righteousness and according to the scriptures if we knowingly and willfully break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin and death and if we continue doing this we will be in danger of the judgement to come (see Acts 17:30-31 compare Hebrews 10:26-31; Matthew 7:13-26; 1 John 2:3-4; John 3:3-7 compare 1 John 3:4-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14)

Take Care.
So are saying you don't accept Hebrews 10:1 ,etc.?

3rdAngel

So are saying you don't accept Hebrews 10:1 ,etc.?
No I accept Hebrews 10:1. It supports what I have been sharing with you in my last few posts. For example, Hebrews chapters 7 to 10 are talking about the shadow laws of atonement (not Gods 10 commandments) in the earthly Sanctuary, the Levitical Priesthood and animal sacrifices for sin offerings that point to Jesus as Gods great high priest, the heavenly Sanctuary of which the earthly was only a copy that the Lord pitched and not man and Gods sacrifice once and for all for sin in Jesus and the work of Jesus for atonement of sin in the new covenant. Please go read Hebrews 7 to Hebrews 10 and you will see this. Hebrews 10:1 is not talking about Gods 10 commandments. It is talking about the shadow laws for atonement of sin in the old covenant that point to Jesus. Read the scripture context. This is exactly what I have been sharing with you in earlier posts. Its time to unlearn the lies they have been teaching us at Sunday school and read the bible for yourself. God is calling us all to come out from following man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from God and His Word into breaking the commandments of God and to return to His Word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth and seek to know God for ourselves through His Word (see John 4:23-24).

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Over 67 pages and no answers to the question posed in this OP. Just wondering where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Over 67 pages and no answers to the question posed in this OP. Just wondering where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus?
Just another one of your repeated attempts to pat yourself on the back and brag about a non-existent win. You have been repeatedly proven wrong. It's really too bad that you can't learn.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Where is the scripture that states scripture only?

Audie

Veteran Member
Where is stoning disobedient children
cancelled?

IndigoChild5559

cancelled?
There is no Torah without oral Torah. The penalties given in the Torah were maximum penalties. Judges routinely gave out lesser sentences. There is no known instance in Jewish history that nightmare kids were executed.

3rdAngel

Where is the scripture that states scripture only?
Here.. 2 Timothy 3:16; John 17:17; Romans 3:4; Matthew 4:4 are a few of many. You may also want to also compare Ephesians 2:8 with Romans 10:17 that says we are saved or receive Gods salvation through faith. There is no salvation without faith in Gods Word and without whatsoever is not of faith in sin and without it it is impossible to please God (Romans 14:23; Hebrews 11:6).

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

cancelled?
In the new covenant. God says vengeance is now mine (Romans 12:19). The wages of sin is still death in both the old and new testament scriptures for those who do not believe and obey Gods Word and continue in unbelief and known unrepentant sin (see Acts 17:30-31 and Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-31).

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Here.. 2 Timothy 3:16; John 17:17; Romans 3:4; Matthew 4:4 are a few of many. You may also want to also compare Ephesians 2:8 with Romans 10:17 that says we are saved or receive Gods salvation through faith. There is no salvation without faith in Gods Word and without whatsoever is not of faith in sin and without it it is impossible to please God (Romans 14:23; Hebrews 11:6).

Take Care.
Saying that the scriptures are inspired (and the only scriptures that existed when Timothy was written was the Tanakh) does NOT mean:
1. that the scriptures are without error OR
2. that you must limit yourself to the scriptures

BTW, it is rather rude to cite verses and not quote them in your text. You are inconveniencing your reader, expecting them to do your job and go look everything up, and quite frankly most people won't bother. When you make a point, the responsibility is on YOU to provide the evidence, and if your evidence is scripture, then it is YOUR responsibility to quote it.

2 Tim 3:16 is the only citation I remember by heart, so it is the only one I bothered to reply to.

Audie

Veteran Member
In the new covenant. God says vengeance is now mine (Romans 12:19). The wages of sin is still death in both the old and new testament scriptures for those who do not believe and obey Gods Word and continue in unbelief and known unrepentant sin (see Acts 17:30-31 and Romans 6:23; Hebrews 10:26-31).

So you think.

3rdAngel

Saying that the scriptures are inspired (and the only scriptures that existed when Timothy was written was the Tanakh) does NOT mean:
1. that the scriptures are without error OR
2. that you must limit yourself to the scriptures

BTW, it is rather rude to cite verses and not quote them in your text. You are inconveniencing your reader, expecting them to do your job and go look everything up, and quite frankly most people won't bother. When you make a point, the responsibility is on YOU to provide the evidence, and if your evidence is scripture, then it is YOUR responsibility to quote it.

2 Tim 3:16 is the only citation I remember by heart, so it is the only one I bothered to reply to.
You cannot see this because you reject Jesus as your Messiah. So Gods Word is hidden from you because of your unbelief. You are still awaiting your Messiah who has already come and you have rejected. Therefore God rejects those who reject him according to the scriptures (Hosea 9:17)

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

You cannot see this because you rejected Jesus as your Messiah. So Gods Word is hidden from you because of your unbelief. You are still awaiting your Messiah who has already come and you have rejected. Therefore God rejects those who reject him according to the scriptures (Hosea 9:17)
Yes, I've heard this Christian claim before, that somehow belief in Jesus gives you magical powers to understand writing that others do not have. I'm rolling my eyes.

3rdAngel

Yes, I've heard this Christian claim before, that somehow belief in Jesus gives you magical powers to understand writing that others do not have. I'm rolling my eyes.
Yep I am sure many scoffed as you do not when Noah was trying to warn them that God was going to destroy the world the first time too because of their sins. They sadly chose death over life through believing and obeying Gods Word as well. So will it be in the end times according to the scriptures you choose not to believe.

McBell

Take Care.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.​
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.​
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, And mightest overcome when thou art judged.
'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds. out of the mouth of God. '"
8 For zby grace you have been saved athrough faith. And this is bnot your own doing; cit is the gift of God, 9 dnot a result of works, eso that no one may boast. 10 For fwe are his workmanship, gcreated in Christ Jesus hfor good works, iwhich God prepared beforehand, jthat we should walk in them.
17Thus faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the word of Christ. “Their voice has gone forth to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.”

Makes for a nice little sermon on faith those verses, but they do not even imply, let alone state, scripture only.

Care to try again?

McBell

You cannot see this because you reject Jesus as your Messiah. So Gods Word is hidden from you because of your unbelief. You are still awaiting your Messiah who has already come and you have rejected. Therefore God rejects those who reject him according to the scriptures (Hosea 9:17)

If it takes God giving the understanding, what do you think you are doing for those who God declared can never understand it?

3rdAngel

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.​
Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.​
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, And mightest overcome when thou art judged.
'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds. out of the mouth of God. '"
8 For zby grace you have been saved athrough faith. And this is bnot your own doing; cit is the gift of God, 9 dnot a result of works, eso that no one may boast. 10 For fwe are his workmanship, gcreated in Christ Jesus hfor good works, iwhich God prepared beforehand, jthat we should walk in them.
17Thus faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the word of Christ. “Their voice has gone forth to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.”

Makes for a nice little sermon on faith those verses, but they do not even imply, let alone state, scripture only.

Care to try again?
Well that is not true. Here let me help you with that so you can think about what you are saying. If the scriptures teach us in Ephesians 2:8 that we are saved by Gods grace THROUGH FAITH and that this faith comes by hearing and hearing by THE WORD OF GOD in Romans 10:17. Tell me friend how can you have Gods salvation in your life if you do not believe and obey what Gods Word says? There is no salvation outside of FAITH in Gods Words according to John 3:36. You might want to re-consider what you believe.