• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You can claim you experience "absolute and unconditional love", but according to the witness of Yeshua, you kind of don't meet the requirements (1 John 5:3).
Right here you betray that believe you have to earn love. Here's the way it actually works. "We love him, because he first loved us." 1 John 4:13.

When you figure that out, then come and talk with me.

I'm not claiming to be the Messiah, so this verse doesn't apply. But cleary Jesus said for his followers to speak of their own personal experience of God with others, didn't he?

You are clearly believing you need to earn God's love, and by being super religious, and judgmental of everyone else, you attempting to ease your fears of being rejected by God. This is unfortunate. When you know Love from God, there is no more fear. For, "there is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

You sound like you are tormented to me, and by judging and damning everyone else, you hope to ease the suffering from your self-torture. Might I suggest you try Love instead?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
  • 1 John 3:4-10 4, Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW. 5, And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6, WHOEVER ABIDES IN HIM SINS NOT: WHOEVER SINS HAS NOT SEEN HIM, NEITHER KNOWN HIM. 7, LITTLE CHILDREN, LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU: HE THAT DOES RIGHTEOUSNESS IS RIGHTEOUS, EVEN AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS. 8, HE THAT COMMITS SIN IS OF THE DEVIL; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9, WHOEVER IS BORN OF GOD DOES NOT COMMIT SIN; FOR HIS SEED REMAINS IN HIM: AND HE CANNOT SIN, BECAUSE HE IS BORN OF GOD. 10, IN THIS THE CHILDREN OF GOD ARE MANIFEST, AND THE CHILDREN OF THE DEVIL: whoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.
Its time to unlearn all the lies we have been taught from Sunday school Kenny.

You shouldn't mine quote - finish the chapter:

23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Notice there is no Sabbath? It is because we have found our rest in believing on the name of His son and loving one another.

You shouldn't twist what is written. ;)

3rdAngel

You shouldn't mine quote - finish the chapter: 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. Notice there is no Sabbath? It is because we have found our rest in believing on the name of His son and loving one another. You shouldn't twist what is written. ;)
Well sadly it is you that is twisting the scriptures Kenny but let me show from the scriptures why I say this in case it might be helpful. You are disregarding the scripture context that defines what sin is in order to justify sin. The context of 1 John 3 defines sin as the transgression or the the breaking of Gods law (1 John 3:4) then from 1 John 3:6-10 these scriptures define Gods people as obeying Gods law (not committing sin) and the children of the devil as breaking Gods law (sinning against God and breaking His law). Even before this in 1 John 2:3-4 which agrees with 1 John 3:4-10 that Gods people keep all the commandments of God and that the test to know if someone knows God or does not know God is that they are obedient and obey Gods commandments (see the following proof texts 1 John 2:3-4; compare to the context of 1 John 3:4-10 that show that Gods people keep the commandments of God and the children of the devil do not keep the commandments of God) see also Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14; James 2:10-11; 1 John 5:2-3 that all state that Gods people keep all the commandments of God. Sorry Kenny but the scriptures teach it is you who is twisting scripture. Its time to unlearn the lies we have all been taught at Sunday school Kenny. God is calling us all out from following man-made teachings and traditions back to His Word to worship Him in Spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24). Gods sheep will hear His voice (the Word) and follow Him. Those who do not hear and do not follow will not follow Him because they do not know Him. The final test is coming to everyone of us. Who do we believe and follow; God or man? Who will you choose to believe and follow. Jesus says by their fruits you will know them (Matthew 7:13-23 compare with 1 John 3:6-10).

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

LOL :) Back to law. And then you said it was by grace. Gal 3
Its called scripture Kenny and the scriptures posted are Gods Words not my words that disagree with your words that are not Gods Words. It says Gods people obey Gods law because they have been born again into Gods new covenant promise to walk in His Spirit through faith (see John 3:3-7; compare 1 John 3:4-10; Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27; Galatians 5:16; Romans 3:31; Romans 8:1-4). According to the scriptures, the children of the devil on the other hand break Gods law (1 John 3:4-10). Obedience to Gods Word is the fruit of genuine faith (Romans 3:31).
  • James 2:17-26 17, Even so faith, if it has not works, is dead, being alone. 18, Yes, a man may say, You have faith, and I have works: show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19, You believe that there is one God; you do well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20, But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21, Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22, See you how faith worked with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23, And the scripture was fulfilled which said, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed to him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24, You see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25, Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26, For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
  • Matthew 7:21-23 21, Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22, Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? 23, And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.
  • 1 John 3:4-10 4, Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5, And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6, Whoever stays in him sins not: whoever sins has not seen him, neither known him. 7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9, Whoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.
Note the difference between the children of God and the children of the Devil Kenny? Gods people do not practice breaking Gods law and obey Gods commandment while the children of the devil do not.. See the following and note that the devil is not mad at his children he is made at those who keep the commandments of God through faith in Jesus.
  • Revelation 12:17 17, And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
  • Revelation 14:12 12, Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
  • Revelation 22:14 14, Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
  • 1 John 2:3-4 [3], And HEREBY WE KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. [4], HE THAT SAITH, I KNOW HIM, AND KEEPETH NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS, IS A LIAR, AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM
Gods 4th commandment is one of Gods 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 and according to James if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin and death. According to the scriptures if we continue in known unrepentant sin once we have been given a knowledge of the truth of Gods Word there remains no more sacrifice for sins but a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come (Hebrews 10:26-31). There is not a single scripture in all the bible that says Gods 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. Its time to unlearn the lies we have all been taught at Sunday school Kenny. If not we all stand before God come judgement day if we continue in known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word and we choose to reject His Words in unbelief in order to continue to follow our sins (Hebrews 10:26-31). Faith (Romans 3:31) love (Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8-12; 1 John 5:2-3) and obedience to Gods law (1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:4-10) are not separate from each other. They are the fruit of someone that has genuine faith and walk in Gods Spirit to love. Check the scriptures out Kenny, they are life saving and they disagree with you.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
Here is the context you are leaving out here. Gods Word does not teach lawlessness and there is no where in Acts 15 that says gentile believe no longer have to keep Gods 10 commandments. That interpretation disagrees with the whole bible. The reason for Acts 15 is stated in the context you disregard and that is that the Jews were claiming that new Gentile believers had to be circumcised to keep the law of Moses in order to receive Gods salvation as already posted to you in Acts 15:1-2.

Now let's add back in the CONTEXT you have left out of ACTS 15
  • ACTS 15:1:21 [1], And certain men who came down from Judea taught the brethren, and said, EXCEPT YOU BE CIRCUMCISED AFTER THE MANNER OF MOSES YOU CANNOT BE SAVED.
NOTE: ACTS 15:1 is the question that needs to be answered and the topic of conversation and CONTEXT of the chapter of ACTS 15. Here we have Jewish believers coming to Paul and Barnabas saying if the new GENTILES believers are not circumcised and made proselytes then they cannot be saved. This is the chapter context and issue of contention.
  • [2], When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, THEY DETERMINED THAT PAUL AND BARNABAS AND CERTAIN OF THEM SHOULD GO UP TO JERUSALEM UNTO THE APOSTLES AND ELDERS ABOUT THIS QUESTION.
NOTE: ACTS 15:2 Which question? Weather your salvation depends on being CIRCUMCISED. They then traveled to Jerusalem about this question to determine if new gentile believers needed to be CIRCUMCISED in order to be saved. Once they got to Jerusalem, the question was then asked and the discussion continued with the Pharisees stating their case first..

Instead of trying to read into the scriptures what is not written in the scriptures I prefer to just believe what the scripture says and the scripture say that certain Jews come to the new gentile believers and said to them "EXCEPT YOU BE CIRCUMCISED AFTER THE MANNER OF MOSES YOU CANNOT BE SAVED? (Acts of the Apostles 15:1). From here Paul and Barnabas went up to Jerusalem to the other Apostles and elders to discuss this question (Acts of the Apostles 15:2). That is what the bible says word for word. You do not have to read into Acts 15 that it is talking about the 10 commandments because it is not and there is no where in Acts 15 where it says it is saying that new Gentile believers no longer have to keep Gods 10 commandments. You are reading that into the scripture. That interpretation is a doctrine of devils and the opposite to what the whole bible teaches. Seriously Brian your not trying to argue here now that we care now free to go and lie, steal, murder and commit adultery now are you? That belief would disagree with the whole bible and I suggest you might re-evaluate what it is you actually believe.

Take Care.

Paul and Barnabas went to Jerusalem about the question of circumcision. I am not disputing that. However....
Acts 15:5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.”
6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question.

The apostles and elders met to consider whether the Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.

Why do you deny that?
What in your opinion is the Law of Moses and does it include the 10 Commandments?
Nowhere in Acts 15 does it say to not keep the 10 Commandments or not to keep the rest of the Law of Moses. The question is not about whether Gentile Christians should do those things, the question is whether it is doing them that is going to save someone or if salvation is through the grace of the Lord Jesus. As Peter said:

Acts 15:10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

So Christians should not be told to keep the Sabbath or you will not be a Christian, you will not be saved.
This is not the same as saying "Now that you are saved through faith and grace you do not need to worry about whether you sin or not".

Brian2

Veteran Member
Your response here...

Brian I think you missed the point as to why Romans 2:26-29 was posted. I was not posting these scriptures as a reference to Gentiles but as a reference to what a true Jew represents in Gods new covenant and what true circumcision represents. Circumcision represents a change of heart. It represents a new heart to love and obey God. If you follow Romans 3:8-23 you will see that Paul is making the argument that both Jewish and Gentile believers are all sinners and in need of Gods salvation. So what you are posting here is not relevant to our discussion.

It is relevant to the discussion to point out that someone can keep the requirements of the Law even when they do not know what the Law says. But if you want to say that the 10 Commandments are not a part of the Law then that is for you to show.
If unbelieving gentiles can fulfill the requirements of the Law when they do not know the Law, how much more should a Christian Gentile with the Spirit of God and a new heart, be able to keep the requirements of the Law?

There is where you are in error. There is no scripture anywhere in the bible that says Gods 10 commandments are shadow laws. You are mixing up the old covenant laws for atonement and remission of sins with Gods moral laws that are included in both the old and the new covenant that give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); sin (breaking Gods law) and righteousness (obeying God's law) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172. According to James in James 2:10-11 if we break anyone of Gods 10 commandments including Gods seventh day Sabbath we stand guilty before God of sin and breaking all of Gods law. According to Hebrews 10:26-31 if we continue in known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of what His truth is then we are in danger of the judgement to come.

Where is "shadow law" defined in the Bible?
Isn't the whole law a shadow of Jesus and His sacrifice and the New Covenant which is God's Spirit in us and the Torah in our heart.
But it is not the letter of the law that is in our heart it is God's love and Spirit to help and direct us in life, so we can be led by that Spirit and be children of God. (see Romans 8) And the Torah in our heart does not mean just the Laws that came through the Mosaic Covenant, it means the whole of the Torah, the Word of God. God's Word lives in us. Love for God and our neighbour fulfills the requirements of the Law, and this is not just a feeling, this is love in action.
The giving on the Spirit at Pentecost happened on the feast of the giving of the 10 Commandments by Moses. (3000 died that day and 3000 were saved at the NT Pentecost).
The Law is based on love and the Royal Law in scripture is to love our neighbour as ourselves. (James 2:8)

No I have said no such thing and yes I can show everything that I have shared with you as part of the Gospel which if you notice I have been doing all through our discussion by providing scripture for everything I have been sharing with you. If you have been reading what I have been sharing here in this OP you would know that what I am saying is that Gods 10 commandments are all a part of the gospel. They lead us to Christ as sinners so that we can receive Gods forgiveness through faith in Christ (see Galatians 3:22-25). Gods new covenant promise is God writing His law on our hearts through love as we by faith choose to believe and follow what Gods Word says (see Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27). God writes His laws on the fleshly tables of our heart through His Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:3-11) so we can now be born again in the Spirit to be free to love and obey His law (see John 3:3-7; compare 1 John 3:4-10; Romans 6:1-23; Galatians 5:16; Romans 3:31; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 5:2-3; John 14:15; John 15:10. The new covenant promise results in Gods people obeying Gods law as a fruit of their faith not breaking Gods law (see James 2:13-16; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14). Sin (breaking Gods law) and righteousness (obeying Gods law) is the difference between the children of the devil (sin) and the children of God (obedience) *see 1 John 3:6-10 and 1 John 2:3-4.

I have given my understanding of the New Covenant.
So explain why you see the 10 Commandments as not a part of the Law, and why we need to keep the Sabbath to be saved. (and don't deny that this is what you are teaching)

That is not true at all. Here is the reason given for the decision at Jerusalem.

ACTS 15
  • [19], THEREFORE MY JUDGMENT IS THAT WE TROUBLE NOT THEM WHO FROM THE GENTILES ARE TURNED TO GOD:
  • [20], BUT WRITE UNTO THEM THAT THEY ABSTAIN FROM THE DEFILEMENT OF IDOLS, FORNICATION AND THINGS STRANGLED AND FROM BLOOD.
NOTE: JAMES conclusion is that new Gentile believers should not be troubled with CIRCUMCISION as a requirement of salvation which was the matter being considered and the question being discussion as shown in *ACTS 15:1-2; ACTS 15:6 but asks them to abstain from idols, fornication and from things strangled and from blood.
  • [21], FOR MOSES OF OLD TIME HAS IN EVERY CITY THEM THAT PREACH HIM, BEING READ IN THE SYNAGOGUES EVERY SABBATH.
NOTE: The reason why JAMES sends this letter to the new Gentile believers is that they would continue learning God's WORD EVERY SABBATH.

The above scriptures were posted in the very post you where quoting from the reason for the decision at Jerusalem was given in Acts of the Apostles 15:21 FOR MOSES OF OLD TIME HAS IN EVERY CITY THEM THAT PREACH HIM, BEING READ IN THE SYNAGOGUES EVERY SABBATH.

The reason for the decision seems to be 2 fold.
1] They agreed that salvation is through grace and that the gentiles should not be told that they must be circumcised and keep the law.
Yes "and keep the law" was also what was being discussed.
Acts 15:5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.
6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question.
2] The things mentioned in the letter sent out to the Gentiles allowed them to mix with the Jewish Christians who did not mix with or eat with Gentiles if possible.
And of course this would have enabled those Gentile Christians to come to the synagogue and hear the Hebrew Scriptures read on the Sabbaths.
Knowing those scriptures helps us to know God.

So you preach that keeping the Sabbath is necessary for salvation. If that is the case, and also keeping the other 10 commandments is necessary for salvation also of course, why bother about those Noahide laws, why not just say. "You must believe in Jesus and keep the 10 Commandments to be saved"?

You are blind to the fact that no where in Acts 15 does it say anywhere that it is talking about God's 10 commandments. Let me ask you again Brian, do you really believe that Acts 15 is saying that all Christians are now free to go our and lie, steal, murder, commit adultery? That teaching is a doctrine of devils and is not supported anywhere in the entire bible. I suggest that you re-evaluate what you believe if that is your view.

I have already asked you to justify your separation of the 10 Commandments from the Law of Moses.
You deny that Acts 15 is about keeping the Law of Moses, something that we are plainly told that it is about.
I have already answered that Acts 15 is about what is necessary to do for salvation and not what we God wants us to do as Christians. So no, I do not say that all Christians are now free to do what they want.

Kenny

Premium Member
You are disregarding the scripture context that defines what sin is in order to justify sin. The context of 1 John 3 defines sin as the transgression or the the breaking of Gods law (1 John 3:4) then from 1 John 3:6-

Context is correct... but it is very interesting how you dodge what is written in black and white:
22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

You see... I don't need to overload the issue with pages of information. God's word is very simple and everyone understands love.

But you seem to be like the ones who persecuted Paul. Why?

3rdAngel

Paul and Barnabas went to Jerusalem about the question of circumcision. I am not disputing that. However....
Acts 15:5 T......snip.

Look Brian lets be honest. You have not addressed a single thing shared with you or answered a single questions asked of you or addressed any of the scriptures that are in disagreement with you from post # 176 and post # 176 linked. All you have done is to repeat what was already addressed in your posts in the linked posts provided without addressing any of the scriptures, questions asked of you or content of the posts you are responding to. In the linked posts provided here you where shown the context that you disregard from your interpretation of Acts 15 while being shown why your interpretation of Acts 15 is in disagreement with the whole bible.

In this post we will address your last to repetitious posts that have already been addressed from the scriptures in the linked posts provided here and show why your interpretation of Acts 15 is in disagreement with the whole bible. As presented in your posts you believe that Acts 15 teaches that Gods 10 commandments are abolished for gentile believers. Not only will I prove from the scriptures that this assertion is not biblical but I will also seek to show why this understanding of the scriptures is the doctrine of devils and everything that is Antichrist. I mean seriously Brian, think about what you are claiming here. By claiming that Gods 10 commandments are abolished for gentile believers and seeking to explain away the scriptures that are in disagreement with you, your actually claiming that it is now alright for Christians to..
  • 1. Have other Gods and it will not effect your relationship with the true God
  • 2. You can now make idols and bow down and worship them
  • 3. Christians can now take Gods name in vain.
  • 4. Christians can now disobey God and break His Sabbath day
  • 5. Christians can now dishonor their parents
  • 6. Christians can now commit adultery
  • 7. Christians can now kill each other
  • 8. Christians can now steal
  • 9. Christians can now lie
  • 10. Christians can now covet their neighbors belongings.
That is not what you believe is it Brian?

more to come
@Brian2

3rdAngel

@Brian2

WHY ACTS 15 IS NOT TALKING ABOUT GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENT BEING ABOLISHED?
  • The context of Acts of the Apostles 15:1-2 states that the question being discussed at Jerusalem was "Is circumcision of new gentile believers a requirement for their salvation?
  • The question of Acts 15 was never over are Gods 10 commandments still the standard of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); sin (when disobeyed) and righteousness (when obeyed).
  • There is no scripture linking Gods 10 commandments to Acts of the Apostles 15.
  • The decision of Acts of the Apostles 15 was that circumcision and keeping the law of Moses was not a requirement for salvation was not a condition of Gods salvation because we have all sinned (broken Gods law) and we cannot be saved by the works of the law when we have already broken the law (Romans 3:10-23)
  • The decision of Jerusalem was given because the new Gentile believers would be continuing to learn Gods Word every Sabbath (see Acts of the Apostles 15:19-21). I mean think it through. If Acts of the Apostles 15 was over the 10 commandments why do the new Gentile believers need to continue learning the Word of God every Sabbath and why if Paul and the Apostles still keeping the Sabbath (Acts of the Apostles 17:2)?
  • Why does Paul some time after the decision at Jerusalem tell the new Gentile Christians at the Corinthian Church that circumcision or uncircumcision does not matter but the keeping of the commandments of God? - 1 Corinthians 7:9 (seriously man we could stop right here as this is closes your whole argument). Think it through. Paul is contradicting you here agreeing that Circumcision is no longer a requirement but the keeping of the commandments of God is a requirement for new gentile believers.
  • If Gods 10 commandments are now abolished and we can now live a life of lawlessness, why does Jesus, Paul, Peter John and all the Apostles teach in the new testament that we are to obey Gods law and tell us that sin is breaking Gods law in 1 John 3:4 and that if we continue in known unrepentant sin (breaking Gods law) we will be in danger of the judgement to come?
  • If the new covenant scriptures teach that it is through the law we have a knowledge of what sin is when we break the commandments of God in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 and according to you Gods 10 commandments have now been abolished how then do we now have a knowledge of what sin is? Think this through please. If God's 10 commandments are abolished why do we have those new covenant scriptures stating that Gods 10 commandments give us a knowledge of what sin is when we break them. Your interpretation of the scriptures here is in direct disagreement with the rest of the bible and new testament teachings.
  • If now according to you we have no more 10 commandments according to Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 (please carefully think this through dear friend) we now have no knowledge of what sin is because according to these scriptures it is through the law we know what sin is when we break the law. If we now have no 10 commandments and no knowledge of what sin is then we do not know we are sinners in need of Gods salvation. If we do not know that we are sinners we have no need of a Saviour from sin. If we have no Savior from sin we are lost and still in our sins. According to the scriptures if we have no salvation from our sins we will perish in our sins (Romans 2:12). See where your interpretation of Acts of the Apostles 15 is leading you? It is a doctrine of devils leading those who believe it away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God.
Lets continue if you believe that Acts 15 teaches that Gods 10 commandments has been abolished (we have already proven that interpretation of the scriptures is not true or biblical). Please reconcile the following scriptures of the new covenant with your belief and tell me if you believe why Gods 10 commandments have been abolished why did....

JESUS say...
  • Think not that I have come to destroy the law or the prophet - Matthew 5:17
  • Jesus magnified the law - Matthew 5:17-28
  • The law will now pass away until heaven and earth pass away - Matthew 5:18
  • Whoever will break the least of these commandments and teach men so will be the least in God's kingdom (the least are those who do not go there see 1 John 2:3-4)
  • Whoever obeys and teaches the law will be called great in God's kingdom - Matthew 5:19
  • Jesus taught that fail and obedience to Gods' law is required to receive eternal life - Matthew 19:17-21; John 3:36.
  • Jesus taught others to follow the 10 commandments (Mark 10:17-21)
    Jesus taught that the two great commandments of love are not separate from obeying Gods' law - Matthew 22:36-40
  • Jesus taught that if we break God’s Law by following man-made traditions we are not worshiping God (Matt 15:3-9)
  • Jesus says if we commit sin (breaking Gods law - 1 John 3:4) we are a servant of sin and he has come to free us from sin - John 8:32-36
  • Jesus taught if you love God you will keep God’s Law and abide in His Love - John 14:15; 15:10
  • If we love God we will obey His commandments and abide in His love - John 14:15; John 15:10
Jesus did not teach anywhere in the bible that Gods law has been abolished both Jesus and the Apostles and all the new testament teaches obedience to Gods law according to the new covenant scriptures..

PAUL say...
  • Paul teaches God's people keep the Sabbath Hebrews 4:1-9.
  • Paul tells gentiles that "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of GOD" 1 Corinthians 7:19
  • Paul tells gentiles "it is not the HEARERS of the Law that are just before God but the DOERS of the Law will be justified... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge all mankind" Romans 2:13-16
  • Paul says faith is not separate from obedience to God's law - Romans 3:31
  • Paul tells ALL Christians that it is only the lost who will "not subject themselves to the Law of God neither indeed CAN they" Romans 8:6-8
  • Paul teaches all Christians under the NEW Covenant that God's LAW as known in Jeremiah 31:31-33 is "written on the heart and mind" and Gods new covenant promise - Heb 8:7-11
  • Paul tells all Christians that the OT text is to be used for Doctrine - 2 Timothy 3:16
  • AND He never claims that "if I did not write it -- it is not scripture for us today" -- as one or two have imagined for us.
  • Paul tells all Christians that the 5th commandment is the "FIRST commandment with a promise" and is binding on all Christians. - Ephesians 6:1-2
  • Paul tells us that God's Law (10 commandments) is holy, just and good - Romans 7:12
  • God's Law gives us a knowledge of what sin is - Romans 3:20; 7:7
  • The penalty of breaking God's Law without Jesus is death - Romans 6:23
  • If we break God's Law we dishonor God - Romans 2:23
  • If we sin we are "under the Law" and guilty before God - Romans 3:19
  • We are saved by faith but our faith establishes the Law in us - Romans 3:31
  • If we are saved by grace we should not break God's Law - Romans 6:1-7
  • We should not break God's Law if we are under grace - Romans 6:15
  • We are to serve the Law of God through the mind because that is where sin starts - Romans 6:17; 7:25; 8:4; 12:2
  • It is God's Law that brings us to Jesus - Galatians 3:24
  • God's salvation frees us from sin so we can be obedient to God's Law and live a life of holiness - Romans 6:22
  • We will be judged by God's Law and only those that are obedient will be justified because of their faith - Romans 2:4-13
  • God's Law can only be obeyed through love and a changed heart which comes by faith in God's Word - Romans 2:21-29; 13:9-10; Hebrews 8:9-10
  • If we break God's Law and are in unrepentant sin we will be lost and will received God's judgements - Hebrews 10:26-27
JOHN say...
  • John says it is only by keeping God’s 10 commandments that we know that we know God (1 John 2:3)
  • If someone says that they know God and do not keep God’s 10 commandments they are lying and not telling the truth (1 John 2:4)
  • We should purify ourselves as Jesus is pure (1 John 3:3)
  • Sin is the breaking of God’s 10 commandments (1 John 3:4)
  • Whoever is abiding in Christ does not commit sin (1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10)
  • If you are in unrepentant sin you have not seen Jesus or know him (1 John 3:6)
  • John warns us that only those that are obedience to God’s Law are his true followers (1 John 3:7)
  • If someone is committing unrepentant sin they are following the devil and not God (1 John 3:7)
  • If you are born of God and abiding in him you will not commit sin (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10
  • It is the keeping of God’s commandments that is the difference between those that are following God and those that are not following God (1 John 3:10; 1 John 5:3)
  • It is only by Love through faith that we can keep God’s commandments (1 John 5:3-4)
  • God’s true believers in the end days will keep all of God’s commandments through faith in Jesus (Revelation 14:12; 22:14)
more to come @Brian2

3rdAngel

Lets continue @Brian2 if you believe that Acts 15 teaches that Gods 10 commandments has been abolished (we have already proven that interpretation of the scriptures is not true or biblical). Please reconcile the following scriptures of the new covenant with your belief and tell me if you believe why Gods 10 commandments have been abolished why did....

JAMES
say...
  • James says God’s Law (10 commandments) are a Royal Law - James 2:8
  • If we break one of God’s commandments we a guilty before God as sinners breaking all of God’s Law and gave some examples of breaking God’s Law - James 2:9-11
  • James says God’s Law is a law of liberty and freedom - James 2:12)
  • The 10 commandments (God’s Law) are the standard in the judgment - James 2:12
  • If our faith does not have the fruit of obedience to God’s Law it is dead and not true faith - James 2:16-26
PETER say...
  • Sanctification is to obedience to God’s Law - 1 Peter 1:2
  • We can only be changed from sin to obedience to God’s Law by the power of God and it will be revealed in the last days - 1 Peter 1:5
  • We should give up our sins to be holy because Jesus is holy - 1 Peter 1:13-16
  • Jesus is your example who did no sin - 1 Peter 2:21-22
  • Cease from sin and do not live in the flesh - 1 Peter 4:1-3
  • Judgement will begin at the house of God and sinners (those breaking God’s 10 commandments) will not be saved - 1 Peter 4:17
  • God has given us his precious promises and as we believe them God will grant us his divine power to live a life of Godliness (obedience to God’s Law; 2 Peter 1:2-4
  • The Un-Godly (disobedient to God’s Law) will be like Sodom and Gomorrah - 2 Peter 2:6
  • If any turn away from God’s Law and are in unrepentant sin breaking any of God’10 commandments they will be lost - 2 Peter 2:20-22
  • God is not willing that any should perish but that everyone should come to repentance and turn away from sin to follow God’s 10 commandments because those that do not will receive the judgements of God 2 Peter 3:5-14
Think it through dear friend. The whole new testament and the whole bible disagrees with your view that Gods 10 commandments have been abolished. Perhaps it time to reconsider what you believe. Gods Word does not teach lawlessness. That is a doctrine of devils and very Antichrist.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

Context is correct... but it is very interesting how you dodge what is written in black and white:
22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also. You see... I don't need to overload the issue with pages of information. God's word is very simple and everyone understands love. But you seem to be like the ones who persecuted Paul. Why?
Well that is not true dear friend. I have not disregarded anything and already proven from the scriptures already that the context you have disregarded shows that 1 John 2:3-4 to 1 John 3:4-10 is talking about those who know God and those who do not know God and that those who know God keep Gods commandments and those who are the children of the devil do not keep Gods commandments. That alone proves everything that I have been sharing with you word for word in scripture. As already proven from the scriptures love, faith and obedience are not separate from each other. Love and obedience to God and His Word is the fruit of genuine faith that works by love as already shown in the scriptures in the very words of Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40, Paul in Romans 13:8-10; Romans 3:31; James in James 2:8-12; 13-26 and John in 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:4-10; 1 John 5:2-4. These dear friend are Gods Words now mine go and read them for yourself and receive Gods Words and be blessed. Ignoring Gods Words do not make them disappear they become our judge come judgement day according to Jesus in John 12:47-48.

Take Care.

Kenny

Premium Member
\t Kenny I have not disregarded anything and already proven from the scriptures already that the context you have disregarded shows that 1 John 2:3-4 to 1 John 3:4-10 is talking about those who know God and those who do not know God and that those who know God keep Gods commandments and those who are the children of the devil do not keep Gods commandments.

Actually, you haven't.

What you have proven is that you judge people of the Sabbath against Col 2; you demonstrated that you don't want to acknowledge that you are imposing your faith on others and not realizing that Romans 14 does deal with the Sabbath; you acknowledge there is no 8th day but don't want to content for the eternal rest of Heb 4 and that Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath and those who are in him have found their rest.

In the Apostles time, you would be labeled the one who is imposing a law, like unto circumcision, on those who aren't required.

It is quite transparent as there are many who have pointed that out.

EDIT:

And thank you for removing the "you are being dishonest" portion.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Actually, you haven't.

What you have proven is that you judge people of the Sabbath against Col 2; you demonstrated that you don't want to acknowledge that you are imposing your faith on others and not realizing that Romans 14 does deal with the Sabbath; you acknowledge there is no 8th day but don't want to content for the eternal rest of Heb 4 and that Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath and those who are in him have found their rest.

In the Apostles time, you would be labeled the one who is imposing a law, like unto circumcision, on those who aren't required.

It is quite transparent as there are many who have pointed that out.

EDIT:

And thank you for removing the "you are being dishonest" portion.

No not at all. I have shared Gods Words and you are offended by them because it is the Words of God that are our judge come judgement day according to John 12:47-48. Think about it Kenny? You can trust in the lies you have been taught at Sunday school that teach all who go there to follow man-made teachings and traditions that have led many away from God and His Words to break the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9 of you can choose to hear and choose to believe and follow Gods Words and seek to know Jesus through His Words having His Spirit to guide and lead you as you believe and follow His promises. As it is written "Let God be true and every man a liar that you might be justified in your sayings, and might overcome when you are judged." - Romans 3:4. Or you can close your eyes and ears to hearing Gods Words and continue in known unrepentant sin and unbelief in the scriptures and be lost. Its your salvation not mine. Many in Jesus day did not want to hear Gods Words either. To them Jesus simply quoted Isaiah 6:9-10. Many are called according to Jesus but only the few will be the chosen. My prayer is that you will receive Gods Words and be blessed. Ignoring Gods Words do not make them disappear they become our judge come judgement day according to Jesus in John 12:47-48. It is written in the scriptures "This is what the LORD says: “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD." Jeremiah 17:5. Don't gamble with your salvation Kenny. Seek to know Gods Words for yourself. Ignoring Gods Words do not make them disappear. Jesus is standing at our door and knocking. It is up to us to open the doors of our heart and let him in.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
and you are offended by them

LOL... Love isn't offended (1 Cor 13). But I do take note that first you said I was being dishonest and now you presume I am offended.

I simply am stating what is written.

Which make one wonder if there is a plank in your eye as you think that it is necessary to try to find a speck in mine ;)

I have said to feel free to worship God on the Sabbath... I support you in it :) But don't violate Col 2 in the process or Romans 14 -

And to make sure you know I am fine:

:hugehug:

Love you in the love of the Lord. :)

EDIT:

ps... My church didn't have a Sunday School... We did have a Bible Institute.

101G

According to the scriptures, sin does indeed separate us from God. If you would like some bible studies please feel free to DM me.
  • Isaiah 59:2 2, But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
Take Care
is that separation in Fellowship, or is the separation in relationship?

take care

101G.

pearl

We have all been taught lies in Sunday school and are being taught to depart God and His Word in order to follow man-made teachings and traditions that are not supported in the scriptures.

It is plain from Scripture that early Christians celebrated the 'Lord's Day' on the first day of the week. Keep in mind that ALL religious tradition is man made response to that is believed.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hey guys

Just wondering where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus?

May God bless you as you seek to know Him through His Word.

I believe I don't need one because I have something better.

Muffled

Jesus in me
There isn't one. Most of the Christian church does not rely solely on scripture to make decisions about practice. They have tried to think for themselves, believing that the spirit of God is alive in the church and that the faith is therefore not just fossilised in a book.

I believe we do have a relevant scripture: The one that says Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Trouble is according to the scriptures no one can call themselves Gods people or Christians if they do not believe and follow (obey) what Gods Word says and according to the scriptures Gods people are those who believe and obey what the scriptures teach. They are not those who do not believe and obey what the scriptures teach. That is called sin in the bible and all those who practice known unrepentant sin do not enter into Gods kingdom (see Matthew 7:21-23; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14) see also Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31 and compare it to Hebrews 10:26-31. According to the scriptures and the very words of Jesus all those who follow man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from the scriptures to break the commandments of God are not worshiping God in Matthew 15:3-9. According to the scriptures, no one worships God by not believing an following (obeying) what Gods Word says. This is called sin in the bible *Romans 14:23; 1 John 3:4 and no one who practices known unrepentant sin will enter into the kingdom of heaven according to the scriptures (Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31; Hebrews 10:26-31). Thanks for providing your opinion but it is not one that I believe is supported by the scriptures.

Take Care.

I believe there is no scripture that says that. That is a total invention.

2ndpillar

Right here you betray that believe you have to earn love. Here's the way it actually works. "We love him, because he first loved us." 1 John 4:13.

When you figure that out, then come and talk with me.

The sign that one loves God is that they keep his Commandments. 1 John 5:3 The sign between God and his people is that they keep his Sabbaths. Ezekiel 20:12 After the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31 -3-2), the day of judgment, all the remaining Gentile (nations) survivors of that day will either keep the high holy Sabbath of the feast of Booths, or receive no rain, and therefore suffer starvation. What is called rule by means of a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15)

New American Standard Bible Ezekiel 20:12
Also I gave them My Sabbaths to be a sign between Me and them, so that they might know that I am the LORD who sanctifies them.