• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
It is not legalism to believe and obey what Gods Word says. It is unbelief and sin if you do not believe and obey what Gods Word says. James called this the dead faith of devils in James 2:15-26. According to the scriptures, genuine saving faith believes and obeys what Gods Word says (see John 3:36 compare Matthew 7:21-23).
2 Thessalonians 1:8-10 also agrees with your scriptures.

3rdAngel

2 Thessalonians 1:8-10 also agrees with your scriptures.
Thanks Walt great scriptures. I do not understand why people can think they are practicing genuine saving faith by believing but not doing what Gods Word says. That thinking not only does not make any sense but is not biblical and as James says is the dead faith of devils in James 2:15-26

3rdAngel

Except that you don't.
Sorry I do not believe you and will leave that between you and God to work out. I have already posted scripture that is Gods Words not my words so your argument is with God not me whose words you do not believe as you choose to side with the teachings and traditions of men over the Words of God.

walt

Thanks Walt great scriptures. I do not understand why people can think they are practicing genuine saving faith by believing but not doing what Gods Word says. That thinking not only does not make any sense but is not biblical and as James says is the dead faith of devils in James 2:15-26
Here's another I don't understand why people hardly ever talk about?

The last thing Jesus said before he ascended to heaven:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” --Matt. 28:19-20 NIV

And Romans 2:8, Hebrews 5:9

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Yes, this is your oft repeated mantra whenever you get backed into a corner. The sun shines. Sorry I do not believe you.
You are deflecting again. Perhaps its time to leave you with your unbelief in God and His Words and leave you awaiting for your Messiah that has already come who you deny. I have already posted scripture that is Gods Words not my words in disagreement with your words that are not Gods so your argument is with God not me whose words you do not believe as you choose to side with the teachings and traditions of men over the Words of God just like your fathers did who denied and killed their own Messiah." We will of course agree to disagree.

Last edited:

walt

There is another way of reasoning that is also scriptural, but my feelings on it is this: one person has 10 scriptures to prove their way of reasoning and the other person has 10 scriptures to prove their way of reasoning, So what is the solution pick one side? No!

Draw a new conclusion that considers each and every single scripture 100% truth!

Make a conclusion based on all 20 scriptures, instead of only 10 scriptures. This is not an easy task, but it can be done!

After you conquer this challenge the first time, it will be a lot easier the next time! I am no authority, I just know it works!

3rdAngel

When you claim that YOUR INTERPRETATION is the voice of God, that is blasphemous. It makes you out to be god.
Bearing false witness again? Where did I claim my interpretation of the scriptures is the voice of God. Please post me the link? If I never made those claims why are you pretending that is what I said? Again I will leave that between you and God to work through.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

There is another way of reasoning that is also scriptural, but my feelings on it is this: one person has 10 scriptures to prove their way of reasoning and the other person has 10 scriptures to prove their way of reasoning, So what is the solution pick one side? No!

Draw a new conclusion that considers each and every single scripture 100% truth!

Make a conclusion based on all 20 scriptures, instead of only 10 scriptures. This is not an easy task, but it can be done!

After you conquer this challenge the first time, it will be a lot easier the next time! I am no authority, I just know it works!
Agreed Walt, that is the approach I also believe in and take with my personal bible studies. Looking at all scripture on subject matter and contexts are very important. Scripture does not contradict scripture. If anyone finds their interpretation of the scriptures is in contradiction to other scriptures in the bible that is a red flag that perhaps their interpretation is in error. That said just because someone might have 10 scriptures and another 10 scriptures saying something different does not mean that there is not a truthful interpretation of the scriptures and false interpretation of the scriptures. According to the scriptures in Isaiah 55:8-9 we cannot understand Gods Word if God is not our personal guide and teacher. This is why it was not the learned Scribes and Pharisees that knew the truth of Gods Word in the time of Jesus but the humble unlearned fisherman that asked God to know His Words. God promises all those who want to know the truth of His Word that if they will seek Him with all of their hearts and believe and follow His Words that they will know the truth and the truth will make them free (see Jeremiah 29:13; John 8:31-36; John 7:17; John 14:26 and John 16:13). Thanks for the constructive posts Walt.

God bless

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
false witness again? Where did I claim my interpretation of the scriptures is the voice of God. Please post me the link? If I never made those claims why are you pretending that is what I said? Again I will leave that between you and God to work through.
Here:

your argument is with God not me\
That equates YOUR INTERPRETATION with God. Blasphemy.

3rdAngel

So that is a no then? You are unable to provide me with any link with me saying as you claim here.....
IndigoChild5559 said: ... you claim that YOUR INTERPRETATION is the voice of God, that is blasphemous. It makes you out to be god
Where did I say my interpretation is the voice of God? Again, if I did not say any such thing why are you pretending that I did? That is bearing false witness is it not which is sin according to the scriptures (see Exodus 20:16; compare James 2:10-11 and 1 John 3:4). Again, I will leave that between you and God to work through and we will agree to disagree. Lets also put in some context. When I said to you "Your argument is with God not me" This was in context to the scriptures I provided to you that were in disagreement with your words that you provided unsupported by scripture.

You take care now.

Last edited:

jimb

Premium Member
Yes, they were. Harvesting means picking the grain, and that is exactly what they did.
You are siezing on a weak definition to try to prove that you're right. You aren't. The Pharisees criticized Jesus because His disciples were picking a few grains and eating them, which in their minds was violating the Sabbath. They were legalistic and had to be taught by Jesus.

You should learn the lesson that He taught them.

jimb

Premium Member
Why are you siezing on one word and missing the point? There is only one answer: you refuse to accept the clear point made by Jesus that the Pharisees like you, refuse to acknowledge the truth about the sabbath.

"harvest" implies mass reaping at a certain time of year. The disciples were not doing that. They were picking individual heads of grain.

What would you think if I said "I am going to harvest an apple" then went to the tree and picked just one?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yea you missed the point. I did not think you would understand my question to you which is why I asked you if you know why I asked you this question. I asked this question to you to help answer your earlier question about Hinduism being Gods Word. Just like you cannot tell me what my fruit eating experience tastes like to me, no one can prove to you their experience with God because it is personal. What I can tell you going back to your earlier question is that I have in my past looked at many different types of religions over the years including Hinduism trying to see if God was real or not real. I was an atheist at the time but curious. I have never found God in any of them accept one. I found God in the very last religion I ever expected to find him and that was in the God of the bible (Christianity). I now have no doubt that God is real.

Then you're operating out of bigotry since it is virtually impossible to prove beyond any shadow of doubt that the God you believe in must be the only moral and logical belief dealing with God.