• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where does the Quran say Muhammad is the last Messenger of God?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is mentioned in al-Kharaij that Muhammad bin Muslim said:

“I was honored to be in the assembly of Imam Abu Abdillah Sadiq (as) when Mualla bin Khunais entered weeping and wailing. His Eminence asked, “What has caused you to lament?” He replied, “There are some people outside who imagine that you have no superiority over us and that you and them are equal.” His Eminence, Sadiq (as) remained quiet for sometime, then he ordered for a tray of dates. Then he picked up a date and split it into two. He ate the fruit and buried the seed in the ground.

It grew up into a tree slowly and bore raw date fruits. His Eminence took them and ate them. At that moment a writing appeared on its skin. The Imam gave it to Mualla and said: Read it. On it was written: In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. There is no god except Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. ‘Ali al-Murtuza, al-Hasan, al-Husain, ‘Ali bin al- Husain…one name after the other till that of Imam Hasan Askari (as) and his son (Mahdi).”

Shaykh Sadooq has narrated from the companions of Ibne Sult that he said: I asked Imam ‘Ali Reza (as):

“Are you the Sahibul Amr (Master of the Affairs)? He replied: I am also Sahibul Amr but not the Sahibul Amr who will fill the earth with justice as it would have been fraught with tyranny and oppression. And how can I be that person? While you can see that I am physically weak. Whereas the Qa’im is the one who at the time of his reappearance will be senior in age but have the appearance of the youth. His body shall be so strong that if he catches hold of the biggest tree of the earth he shall be able to uproot it and if he shouts between the mountains, their stones will roll down.

The staff of Prophet Moosa and the seal ring of Prophet Sulaiman (as) are with him. He is my fourth descendent. The Almighty Allah will keep him in occultation as long as Divine wisdom dictates. Then He will reveal him so that he may fill the earth with justice and equity just as it would fraught with injustice and oppression.

In the same way Shaykh Sadooq has quoted a correct report from Uthman bin Saeed Amri (q.s.) that he said:

“I was in the presence of Abu Muhammad Hasan bin ‘Ali (Imam Askari) (as). When he was asked about the traditional report that is narrated from his forefathers that: The earth will not remain devoid of Divine Proof over the creatures till the Day of Judgment. And whoever dies without recognizing the Imam of his time dies the death of ignorance. He said, “Yes it is correct and the truth is as clear as the day. He was asked, “O son of Allah’s Messenger, who is the Imam and Divine Proof after you?” He replied. “My son Muhammad, who is the Imam and Divine Proof after me. Whoever dies without recognizing him will die the death of Ignorance and know that he shall have such a prolonged occultation that ignorant people will be confused in that time and they shall be involved in destruction and one who fixes a time of his reappearance is a liar. Then he shall reappear. As if I can see the white standards waving over his head in Najaf Kufa.”6

"I say: The noted scholar, Shaykh ‘Ali bin Muhammad bin ‘Ali al-Khazzaz Qummi (r.a.) has narrated 170 traditions from Shia and Sunni sources in his book Kifayatul Athar fil Nassi Alal Aaimmatil Ithna Ashar, all of which prove the Imamate of His Eminence, Qa’im al-Muntazar (as). We shall also be quoting some of these traditions under various headings in the following pages."

I am going to make a thread about this!

MyM

It is mentioned in al-Kharaij that Muhammad bin Muslim said:

“I was honored to be in the assembly of Imam Abu Abdillah Sadiq (as) when Mualla bin Khunais entered weeping and wailing. His Eminence asked, “What has caused you to lament?” He replied, “There are some people outside who imagine that you have no superiority over us and that you and them are equal.” His Eminence, Sadiq (as) remained quiet for sometime, then he ordered for a tray of dates. Then he picked up a date and split it into two. He ate the fruit and buried the seed in the ground.

It grew up into a tree slowly and bore raw date fruits. His Eminence took them and ate them. At that moment a writing appeared on its skin. The Imam gave it to Mualla and said: Read it. On it was written: In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. There is no god except Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. ‘Ali al-Murtuza, al-Hasan, al-Husain, ‘Ali bin al- Husain…one name after the other till that of Imam Hasan Askari (as) and his son (Mahdi).”

Shaykh Sadooq has narrated from the companions of Ibne Sult that he said: I asked Imam ‘Ali Reza (as):

“Are you the Sahibul Amr (Master of the Affairs)? He replied: I am also Sahibul Amr but not the Sahibul Amr who will fill the earth with justice as it would have been fraught with tyranny and oppression. And how can I be that person? While you can see that I am physically weak. Whereas the Qa’im is the one who at the time of his reappearance will be senior in age but have the appearance of the youth. His body shall be so strong that if he catches hold of the biggest tree of the earth he shall be able to uproot it and if he shouts between the mountains, their stones will roll down.

The staff of Prophet Moosa and the seal ring of Prophet Sulaiman (as) are with him. He is my fourth descendent. The Almighty Allah will keep him in occultation as long as Divine wisdom dictates. Then He will reveal him so that he may fill the earth with justice and equity just as it would fraught with injustice and oppression.

In the same way Shaykh Sadooq has quoted a correct report from Uthman bin Saeed Amri (q.s.) that he said:

“I was in the presence of Abu Muhammad Hasan bin ‘Ali (Imam Askari) (as). When he was asked about the traditional report that is narrated from his forefathers that: The earth will not remain devoid of Divine Proof over the creatures till the Day of Judgment. And whoever dies without recognizing the Imam of his time dies the death of ignorance. He said, “Yes it is correct and the truth is as clear as the day. He was asked, “O son of Allah’s Messenger, who is the Imam and Divine Proof after you?” He replied. “My son Muhammad, who is the Imam and Divine Proof after me. Whoever dies without recognizing him will die the death of Ignorance and know that he shall have such a prolonged occultation that ignorant people will be confused in that time and they shall be involved in destruction and one who fixes a time of his reappearance is a liar. Then he shall reappear. As if I can see the white standards waving over his head in Najaf Kufa.”6

"I say: The noted scholar, Shaykh ‘Ali bin Muhammad bin ‘Ali al-Khazzaz Qummi (r.a.) has narrated 170 traditions from Shia and Sunni sources in his book Kifayatul Athar fil Nassi Alal Aaimmatil Ithna Ashar, all of which prove the Imamate of His Eminence, Qa’im al-Muntazar (as). We shall also be quoting some of these traditions under various headings in the following pages."

I am going to make a thread about this!

That is your story not mine. :) We don't believe in this. This is more shi'ee not sunnah

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is your story not mine. :) We don't believe in this. This is more shi'ee not sunnah

Bahai Faith believes in 11 Imams (a). He is quoting hadiths and then saying hadiths contradict there is an Imam (a) in occultation that is the son of Hassan Al-Askari (a) and who is the Mahdi (a). He is saying my belief in Imam Mahdi (a) being alive is not according to hadiths of Shiites.

He quotes hadiths ambiguously adds his biased commentary and tries to make it as if one of his Prophets is the Mahdi.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It’s the same with Prophet Muhammad and the Christians.

Quran doesn't argue by the way your Prophets argue. For example, your Prophets constantly emphasize God sent Prophets in the past, then they should believed in as well. Revelations were sent, what's different about us revealing.

The Quran has "have you considered..." lines, but moreover, it talks about the structure of guidance that is consistent in the past till now.

Prophets don't come alone. They come in groups. The group they come is known as "the Ahlulbayt". The last Ahlulbayt (a) is ended by the fact Mohammad (a) is the last Nabi and hence his family is the last Ahlulbayt (a).

Every time has an Ahlulbayt. Every time has a reminder from God that is the light and Mastership of God establish through that reminder and proof on his creation.

The reminder is not simply a book, but coupled with a Guide. The book is light but only through connecting to the living reminder of the time.

Every people has a Guide.

The Quran says say Mohammad (s) was ignorant or forged the lie options, still, there would be a recitation from him (in form of scripture) and a chosen kin.

There is always a book from God + divinely appointed family.

There is always a Guide on earth from the divinely appointed family.

Your version would make sense with Sunni version of understanding Quran. But the Shiite case, is that Allah (swt) argues more then just that Allah (swt) sent Prophets in the past, so accept Mohammad (S).

He argues in detail how the structure would be in the past in Bani-Israel and Ahlulbayt of Ibrahim (a).

It's your problem and hole in your religion, that you don't have guidance continue in form of an Ahlulbayt.

We don't have that problem.

By the way if Bab and baha'allah were related by kinship and if Ba'ahallah offspring didn't leave his religion and claimed leadership and were not liars, would be an Ahlulbayt themselves.

However the hadiths indicate the Mahdi (a) is from Ahlulbayt (A) of Mohammad (s). And Ahlulbayt of Mohammad (a) are different and not part of Ahlulbayt of Ibrahim (A) per the long salawat.

"O God bless Mohammad and the family of Mohammad just as you blessed Ibrahim and the family of Ibrahim..."

These are two different Ahlulbayts (a) per this Salawat.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This from Mikyal al-Makarim Fi Fawa'id al-Du'a Li'l Qai’m vol. 1 | Al-Islam.org

There are innumerable traditional reports related through Shia and Sunni channels that confirm this matter: they can be seen the books of Kafi, Ghaibat Nomani, Kamaluddin, Ghayat al-Maraam, Tafseer Burhan, Biharul Anwar and Manaqib etc. We present herewith some of them from Tafseer Burhan without their chains of narrators:

It is narrated from Jabir Ibne Abdullah Ansari that he said:

When the Almighty Allah revealed the following verse on His Prophet:

“O ye who believe! Obey Allah and obey the messenger and those possessing authority among you.”

I said, ‘O Messenger of Allah! We know Allah and His Messenger. But who are the possessors of authority whose obedience Allah has accompanied with your obedience?’ He (S) explained, “They are my caliphs, O Jabir, and the Imams of the Muslims after me. The first of them is Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as), then Hasan (as) and Husain (as), then Ali Ibn Husain (as), then Muhammad Ibn Ali (as) the one who is famous as al-Baqir in the Old Testament. Soon, you will meet him, O Jabir, so when you face him, convey my salutation to him.

He will be followed by Sadiq, Ja’far Ibn Muhammad, then Moosa Ibn Ja’far, then Ali Ibn Moosa, then Muhammad Ibn Ali, then Ali Ibn Muhammad, then al-Hasan Ibn Ali, then the one who will be my namesake and bear my patronymic, the proof of Allah in His earth and His remainder among His servants, the son of Hasan Ibn Ali. He (aj) is the one at whose hands Allah, High be His remembrance, will open the east of the earth and its west. He (aj) is the one who will be concealed from his Shias and his friends, an occultation in which none will be steadfast on the belief of his Imamate except the one whose heart has been tested by Allah for faith.

Jabir says that he asked, ‘O Messenger of Allah (S)! Will the Shias benefit from him during the occultation?’ He (S) replied, “Yes, by the One Who sent me with Prophethood! Surely they will benefit with his light and gain from his mastership in his occultation like people derive benefit from the sun when the clouds hide it. O Jabir! This is from the hidden secrets of Allah and the treasures of His knowledge, so hide it except from the ones worthy of it."

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Shaykh Sadooq (q.s.) has mentioned a lengthy tradition in his book, Kamaluddin that we shall bring in Part Eighth, Insha Allah. In that report Imam Ja’far Sadiq (as) says:

“And as for the Righteous Servant, Khizr (as); the Almighty Allah bestowed him with a long lifespan not due to the fact that He had made him a Prophet, or because a book was revealed to him, nor that he brought a new Shariat nullifying the previous one, nor that He made him an Imam and required the people to follow him, nor because his obedience was compulsory. Rather it was because it was there in the knowledge of Allah, the Blessed and the High, that during occultation the age of Qaim (aj) would be prolonged to an extent that people would not believe it, and they would deny a long age, He prolonged the age of the Righteous Servant, Khizr (as) without any justification, except that it should be a basis for proving the age of Qaim (aj) so that the arguments and proofs of the opponents may be invalidated and that people may not have any argument against the Almighty Allah.”45

Also in the book of Kamaluddin it is narrated from Imam Ja’far Sadiq (as) that he said:

“Khizr (as) drank from the nectar of life. Thus he is alive and will not die till the bugle is blown. Indeed he comes to us and he greets us by Salaam. His voice is audible but he could not be seen. And he is present wherever his name is mentioned. Thus whomsoever of you mentions him, must say Salaam to him. Every year he is present in the ceremonies of Hajj. He performs all the rituals and he camps at Arafat; says Amen to the prayers of believers. And the Almighty Allah changes the loneliness of our Qaim (aj) during his occultation into his companionship and removes his solitude through him (Khizr).”46

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
from Imam Hasan Askari (as) that he said:

“When the Almighty Allah bestowed me with the Mahdi of this community he sent two angels who took him to the curtain of the Arsh (throne) till they conveyed him into the presence of Allah, the Mighty and Sublime. The Almighty Allah said to him: Welcome to you, O My servant for your support of My religion, revealing of the affair and leadership of the people. I have sworn that I would take by you and give by you and by you I would forgive and by you I would punish.”

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ali bin Ibrahim through an authentic chain of narrators from His Eminence, Abu Ja’far Baqir (as) relates regarding the verse:

وَالنَّهَارِ إِذَا تَجَلَّىٰ

“And the day when it shines in brightness.” (Qur’an, Surah Lail 92:2)

“It is the day of our Qaim of Ahle Bayt, that when he would reappear he would be victorious over the rule of tyrants…”137

2ndpillar

You ARE MISINFORMED. Actually, that is an insult. Because the books from before Islam, have been (tarnished by the hands of men and Allah says so as well in the Quran) they have so many discrepancies that it is an insult to say they are from our Creator. But Allah doesn't say that about the Quran. He challenges mankind and he says you will fail. We are very fortunate to have a book like the Quran as a guide from our Creator.

So you are in denial. As a Muslim, I urge you to think with an open mind. Look into the Quran with sincerity and ask Allah to guide you to truth. :) Stop the hate, it isn't becoming :)

Apparently, it is Islam that has failed, and the Islamist continue to kill each other and everyone else. As for the Hadiths, the background story of the supposed Mohammad, they were written 200 years after the supposed story played out, by mostly Persians from the area of present-day Baghdad, not the supposed desolate great trading center of western Arabia, called Mecca, which supposedly Abraham and Solomon lived. These false narratives were taken from other parts, such a Jerusalem, with its holy of holies, a cubed shaped building, being transformed into the Kabba. As for "hate", truth is not "hate" based, and the father of lies, is Satan. As for the Quran, it has more than 100 different versions, all crafted by men, with over 90,000 discrepancies, despite a copy supposedly kept in heaven. You can't produce a complete copy of the Quran prior to the 8th century, although a copy of the new improved version had been supposedly sent to most of the provinces. You can blame Khan, but that doesn't play out. If you should "think with an open mind", and refute Islam, the Quran will have your brothers cut off your head.

2ndpillar

from Imam Hasan Askari (as) that he said:

“When the Almighty Allah bestowed me with the Mahdi of this community he sent two angels who took him to the curtain of the Arsh (throne) till they conveyed him into the presence of Allah, the Mighty and Sublime. The Almighty Allah said to him: Welcome to you, O My servant for your support of My religion, revealing of the affair and leadership of the people. I have sworn that I would take by you and give by you and by you I would forgive and by you I would punish.”

Hasan would be on par with the false prophet Paul, who said he went to the third heaven. Both have their followers, but Isa Ibn Maryam, Yeshua, said the "false prophets" would lead the "many" to "destruction", and according to the Quran, Isa Ibn Maryam is a prophet of God. The Quran doesn't mention Hasan or Paul.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hasan would be on par with the false prophet Paul, who said he went to the third heaven. Both have their followers, but Isa Ibn Maryam, Yeshua, said the "false prophets" would lead the "many" to "destruction", and according to the Quran, Isa Ibn Maryam is a prophet of God. The Quran doesn't mention Hasan or Paul.

There are 14 Aliases in Quran to the Ahlulbayt (a) and the final holy kin chosen by God, Aliflammeem is Hassan Al-Askari (a).

2ndpillar

Ali bin Ibrahim through an authentic chain of narrators from His Eminence, Abu Ja’far Baqir (as) relates regarding the verse:

وَالنَّهَارِ إِذَا تَجَلَّىٰ

“And the day when it shines in brightness.” (Qur’an, Surah Lail 92:2)

“It is the day of our Qaim of Ahle Bayt, that when he would reappear he would be victorious over the rule of tyrants…”137

The rule of tyrants would include the Shiite rule of Iran. You are simply expropriating the narrative of previous religions and putting on Islam names. The narrative may be true, but it is not referring to someone turning the world into an Islamic state. Per the book of the Jews, which the Quran says is from Allah/God, it is Jerusalem's neighbor nations which will be crushed (Zechariah 14) with the help of Judah, the Jews. According to Zechariah 14, the Word of God, those who survive, who go against Jerusalem, will have to give up all their gold and silver to Jerusalem. Maybe you could divest into Crypto, and loose what you have to the vacuum of space, while being sold into slavery per Joel 3:7-8.

2ndpillar

There are 14 Aliases in Quran to the Ahlulbayt (a) and the final holy kin chosen by God, Aliflammeem is Hassan Al-Askari (a).

And none of them are going to turn the world into an Islamic empire. According to the book of the Jews, deemed to be from Allah, per the word of the Quaran, the empire will be ruled by the lion of Judah, king David, of the tribe of Judah. (Ezekiel 37).

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And none of them are going to turn the world into an Islamic empire. According to the book of the Jews, deemed to be from Allah, per the word of the Quaran, the empire will be ruled by the lion of Judah, king David, of the tribe of Judah. (Ezekiel 37).

Isa (a) will rule alongside the Mahdi (a). He will be 2nd in command and will pray behind the Mahdi (a).

InvestigateTruth

40_34.png

If you notice, Allah didn't say there wasn't going to be any messengers after him. you completely misinterpret. Allah said, "YOU SAID"---THE PEOPLE WHO DISBELIEVED IN YUSUF said that :)
Allah did not say in the Quran, that after Muhammad there shall never come another Messenger or Allah will not reveal another Book.

And indeed Yûsuf (Joseph) already came to you earlier with the supreme evidence (s), yet in no way did you cease being in doubt concerning what he came to you with, until, when he perished, you said, Allah will never send forth (any) Messenger even after him." Thus Allah leads into error him who is extravagant and (always) suspicious."

During the time of Adam(alyahi salam) people went astray, same with Noah-Allah punished them, same thing with Abraham and Lot(remember Allah destroyed the entire city for their sins), so many prophets, and messengers...Moses, Sulaymon, David, Jesus, but they all knew of the mission that Allah wanted for them and they all knew of Mohammad pbuh to come. Allah says so in the Quran. Now that the last message was sent for the people of "understanding", in Islam, it is upon every soul on this earth to adhere to it. If they don't, in Islam, Allah says that they will regret it. For the last message is a warning as well not just a book of stories. It warns heavily for the misguided and guided alike. So, if you really think your way of misinterpreting the aya of Allah is beneficial for all, I say, be careful.
Yes, Allah in the Quran says, they can find the Prophet described in their Book:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful." 7:157

Now, can you show me where in the Torah and Gospel Muhammad is found?

It isn't just the scholars that say this. ALLAH SAYS IT IN THE QURAN. If Allah says it in the Quran, we as Muslims KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.

Altabarani in the book "Al Mu'ajam Alkabeer (3026) and Al Awsat (5582), Imam Ahmad in the book "Al Musnad", Altahhawi in the book "Mushkil Al Aathar (4/104)

SAHEEH

Ali narrated through authentic narrations that the companion Hudaifa (on him peace) said: Prophet Mohammad pbuh said, "In my ummah(meaning all mankind after him muslims) liars and fakers, 27 in which 4 amongst them are women, and I am the final prophet and there are none after me. (meaning they will claim prophecy)

Correct. But He did not say, No Messengers shall come forever. He could be talking about immediate successors.

Narrated S'ad: Allah's Apostle set out for Tabuk. appointing 'Ali as his deputy (in Medina). 'Ali said, "Do you want to leave me with the children and women?" The Prophet said, "Will you not be pleased that you will be to me like Aaron to Moses? “BUT THERE WILL BE NO PROPHET AFTER ME” [Volume 5, Book 59, Number 700: (Sahih Bukhari)]

According to this Hadith, Muhammad was speaking about an immediate successor. Because Aaron and other Bani-israel prophets were successors of Moses. Muhammad says, there is no Prophet after me, in a sense that until the next Revelation, no immediate Prophet in Islam. Because in Islam, the leaders were Khalifs and Imams, not Prophets.

How can you be certain if Muhammad means no Messenges for ever, or means no Prophets immediately after Him?

Verse 7:35 says, there shall come to you Messengers.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Narrated S'ad: Allah's Apostle set out for Tabuk. appointing 'Ali as his deputy (in Medina). 'Ali said, "Do you want to leave me with the children and women?" The Prophet said, "Will you not be pleased that you will be to me like Aaron to Moses? “BUT THERE WILL BE NO PROPHET AFTER ME” [Volume 5, Book 59, Number 700: (Sahih Bukhari)]

According to this Hadith, Muhammad was speaking about an immediate successor

Two things, (1) per Islam there is Twelve Successors, so how does the twelfth then become a Nabi? (2) Why didn't say say "no Nabi after me until the Mahdi"?

InvestigateTruth

This expression is that it is an unknown time.
How so? You interpret everything the way you want. He is giving sign, so, we can know true Qaim, from false Qaim. So, whoever the Qaim is, He must have a disappearance for 6 days, months or years, in Prison. But the Bab spent six years in Prison, so, He matches.
The stories of minor Occultation that was 67 years does not match.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How so? You interpret everything the way you want. He is giving sign, so, we can know true Qaim, from false Qaim. So, whoever the Qaim is, He must have a disappearance for 6 days, months or years, in Prison. But the Bab spent six years in Prison, so, He matches.
The stories of minor Occultation that was 67 years does not match.

This is known in Arabic, it's an expression. There are mutuwatur hadiths that say the Mahdi is son of Hassan Al-Askari (a). So hadith wise, he is established.

The only thing needs to be discussed is where do we find this in Quran. And to this, you resort to sophistry unfortunately. You don't even accept the day of judgment for what it is.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From a book online I gave the link into earlier:

There are innumerable traditional reports related through Shia and Sunni channels that confirm this matter: they can be seen the books of Kafi, Ghaibat Nomani, Kamaluddin, Ghayat al-Maraam, Tafseer Burhan, Biharul Anwar and Manaqib etc. We present herewith some of them from Tafseer Burhan without their chains of narrators:

It is narrated from Jabir Ibne Abdullah Ansari that he said:

When the Almighty Allah revealed the following verse on His Prophet:

“O ye who believe! Obey Allah and obey the messenger and those possessing authority among you.”

I said, ‘O Messenger of Allah! We know Allah and His Messenger. But who are the possessors of authority whose obedience Allah has accompanied with your obedience?’ He (S) explained, “They are my caliphs, O Jabir, and the Imams of the Muslims after me. The first of them is Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as), then Hasan (as) and Husain (as), then Ali Ibn Husain (as), then Muhammad Ibn Ali (as) the one who is famous as al-Baqir in the Old Testament. Soon, you will meet him, O Jabir, so when you face him, convey my salutation to him.

He will be followed by Sadiq, Ja’far Ibn Muhammad, then Moosa Ibn Ja’far, then Ali Ibn Moosa, then Muhammad Ibn Ali, then Ali Ibn Muhammad, then al-Hasan Ibn Ali, then the one who will be my namesake and bear my patronymic, the proof of Allah in His earth and His remainder among His servants, the son of Hasan Ibn Ali. He (aj) is the one at whose hands Allah, High be His remembrance, will open the east of the earth and its west. He (aj) is the one who will be concealed from his Shias and his friends, an occultation in which none will be steadfast on the belief of his Imamate except the one whose heart has been tested by Allah for faith.

Jabir says that he asked, ‘O Messenger of Allah (S)! Will the Shias benefit from him during the occultation?’ He (S) replied, “Yes, by the One Who sent me with Prophethood! Surely they will benefit with his light and gain from his mastership in his occultation like people derive benefit from the sun when the clouds hide it. O Jabir! This is from the hidden secrets of Allah and the treasures of His knowledge, so hide it except from the ones worthy of it."

InvestigateTruth

Two things, (1) per Islam there is Twelve Successors, so how does the twelfth then become a Nabi? (2) Why didn't say say "no Nabi after me until the Mahdi"?
Because the 12th one is not said in Hadithes to be a successor of Muhammad. This is a misunderstanding of Muslims. He is a new Messenger with a new revelation similar to how Jesus was a new Messenger with a new Revelation.
He comes with a New Book and New Law.

In Hadithes it is said God will give more than all He has given to other Messenger to, the Qaim. It is said Qaim has no obligation and does not owe fealty to anyone, meaning, He is an independent Messenger, even more than Other Messengers and Prophets.