• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where does the Quran say Muhammad is the last Messenger of God?

Colt

NO, on the contrary, God's abilities are above making himself half man.

Matthew 15:24
But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (contradiction)?

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.

Islam does not reject the true followers of Jesus. Jesus taught one God as he said many times over in the Bible as well. The disciples were following the true message of Jesus :) Jesus didn't teach the trinity. Paul did.

Paul said, "Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel." 2 Timothy 2:8
Yes, contradiction, that's how a Jewish writer misremembered it because the Israelites developed a selfish concept of a deliverer coming to free Israel from its occupiers. Jesus taught of a spiritual kingdom which the Jews rejected. “My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is not of this realm.”

I'm not teaching that Jesus is 1/3 of the Trinity, I'm saying he is a Son of God. He was both human and divine in one miraculous personality.

“Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.”

The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”

InvestigateTruth

Where did I say that?

Allah knows if you are a true mu'min or not. (muslim-believer, mu'min-practicing believer)

for those who do as they will or wish, Allah says he will replace them THAT IS EASY FOR HIM. But no one is allowed to say except Allah.

As mu'mins, we need to make sure we adhere to the Quran and Sunnah.
This is what I found regarding this verse. It is a Hadith that both Shia and Sunni accepts:

Muhammad was asked who were the people He referred to as "another people", who were to replace the Arabs. One of His followers, Salmán, a Persian, was sitting near Him. Muhammad patted on the legs of Salmán and said. "He, and his people." And then He continued: "By the True One, in Whose hand Is My life, if the Faith of God should be suspended in the Pleiades, surely, men from Persia shall reach it. "(This tradition is accepted by both Sunnis and Shia's and is included by Nasafi in his book, Vol. IV, page 169, as well as by Muhammad Farid Vajdi, in his book, third edition, page 676.)

MyM

So, before Allah had replaced Jews with Arabs. Because before Moses and Jesus were sent to the Land of Jews, and God had chosen them. But once the Jews turned away, then Allah sent an Arabian Prophet to the Arabs and chose them, and favoured them. This is how and why Jews were replaced by the Arabs. Now, according to this verse, if Muslims turn away, He will send a Messenger to the Persians (Iranians), and choose them this time.

Not according to the Quran and Sunnah.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, before Allah had replaced Jews with Arabs. Because before Moses and Jesus were sent to the Land of Jews, and God had chosen them. But once the Jews turned away, then Allah sent an Arabian Prophet to the Arabs and chose them, and favoured them. This is how and why Jews were replaced by the Arabs. Now, according to this verse, if Muslims turn away, He will send a Messenger to the Persians (Iranians), and choose them this time.

Again you are relying on circumstantial interpretations to prove your case. Bani-Israel were not replaced, most of them became Muslims. Most of Bani-Israel became Muslims historically. Quran is not punishing them by sending Mohammad (s) to replace them, they were meant to accept him. And even Ibn Kathir records most of them became Twelver Shiites, due to the verse in Torah about Twelve princes from Ismail. They at the end, did what they supposed to do. They were meant to prepare for Mohammad (s) and Madina who invited Mohammad (s) were Messianic Jews and almost all Ansar (those who spent and helped the Muhajareen) were Jews.

The Quran is very harsh in tone with them in Surah Baqara, but at the end, they submitted (most of them).

Yemen and other places were historically Jews. They became Muslims. Madinal Munawara were originally Jews or Messianic Jews.

The issue to me is there is no Nabi after Mohammad (S), so it should all be interpreted in this light. This is clear to me in Quran and Sunnah.

You always make an interpretation but there is no reason people should take your interpretation. You are too biased. After all even day of judgment to you is about Baha'allah.

You interpret everything one way.

The hadiths are saying Arabs who were entrusted to lead the way, would be replaced by Persians. This can be seen today, where Shiites of Iran stand for Palestinians and oppressed, the Arabs are ruled by hypocrites oppressing their own people and their own people don't care for justice, but are asleep save a few.

Iran is only country doing something for the oppressed Palestinians.

It can be interpreted in light of the many hadiths about Qum and people of Iran preparing the way for the Mahdi.

MyM

Yes, contradiction, that's how a Jewish writer misremembered it because the Israelites developed a selfish concept of a deliverer coming to free Israel from its occupiers. Jesus taught of a spiritual kingdom which the Jews rejected. “My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is not of this realm.”

I'm not teaching that Jesus is 1/3 of the Trinity, I'm saying he is a Son of God. He was both human and divine in one miraculous personality.

“Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.”

The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”

THe Bible shouldn't have contradictions in them if its from God.

Sorry, God is one, Jesus is one, and the holy spirit is one. Bible doesn't talk three personalities that is what has been taught by the pastors and preachers. It isn't English. 1+1+1=3 not 1 Jesus was a man, God is the Creator, and a spirit is supposed to be a complete spirit that tells you what

There were many sons of God in the Bible even another begotten one :)
“I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.” Psalms 2:7

If that was the case then Adam has more right over Jesus since he was born/created without a mother or father.

In Islam, we believe in Jesus that he was the way during his time and actually you cannot be a Muslim if you are not believing in Eesa-on him peace). Doesn't mean to take him as a God. Every messenger was given a book and durin those times, tryin to bring the people back to the oneness of Allah. The people HAD to believe in their messenger or no Paradise for them. Doesn't mean to take them as a God.

InvestigateTruth

Again you are relying on circumstantial interpretations to prove your case. Bani-Israel were not replaced, most of them became Muslims. Most of Bani-Israel became Muslims historically. Quran is not punishing them by sending Mohammad (s) to replace them, they were meant to accept him. And even Ibn Kathir records most of the became Twelver Shiites, due to the verse in Torah about Twelve princes from Ismail. They at the end, did what they supposed to do. They were meant to prepare for Mohammad (s) and Madina who invited Mohammad (s) were Messianic Jews and almost all Ansar (those who spent and helped the Muhajareen) were Jews.

The Quran is very harsh in tone with them in Surah Baqara, but at the end, they submitted (most of them).

Yemen and other places were historically Jews. They became Muslims. Madinal Munawara were originally Jews or Messianic Jews.

The issue to me is there is no Nabi after Mohammad (S), so it should all be interpreted in this light. This is clear to me in Quran and Sunnah.

You always make an interpretation but there is no reason people should take your interpretation. You are too biased. After all even day of judgment to you is about Baha'allah.

You interpret everything one way.

The hadiths are saying Arabs who were entrusted to lead the way, would be replaced by Persians. This can be seen today, where Shiites of Iran stand for Palestinians and oppressed, the Arabs are ruled by hypocrites oppressing their own people and their own people don't care for justice, but are asleep save a few.

Iran is only country doing something for the oppressed Palestinians.

It can be interpreted in light of the many hadiths about Qum and people of Iran preparing the way for the Mahdi.
Are there verses in the Quran saying how in the past God replaced one people with another people? Perhaps it follows same logic. I remember there were verses about how God did replace them.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are there verses in the Quran saying how in the past God replaced one people with another people? Perhaps it follows same logic. I remember there were verses about how God did replace them.

Bani-Israel were not replaced, they were always meant to prepare the way for Mohammad (S) and his family (a). And alhamdulilah most of them accepted at the end.

Most of them fulfilled their vow when Quran says "fulfill your promise, I will fulfill mine".

MyM

According to whom????

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Link, any Hadith must have a proof from the Quran. I don't remember anything in the Quran mentioning Qum. How do you know this Hadith is true?

There is no verse mentioning names Ali, Hassan, Hussain either. Sunnah compliments Quran. The hadiths about Persians and end times, goes well with history. Who God chose to replace the Arabs with is clear today, they are only ones who rose up for Islam and the only thing keeping the evil of Satan's plans for the world at bay.

The Man from Qum - is most probably Khomeini (q).

We are the only ones helping Palestinians who are oppressed.

Colt

THe Bible shouldn't have contradictions in them if its from God.

Sorry, God is one, Jesus is one, and the holy spirit is one. Bible doesn't talk three personalities that is what has been taught by the pastors and preachers. It isn't English. 1+1+1=3 not 1 Jesus was a man, God is the Creator, and a spirit is supposed to be a complete spirit that tells you what

There were many sons of God in the Bible even another begotten one :)
“I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.” Psalms 2:7

If that was the case then Adam has more right over Jesus since he was born/created without a mother or father.

In Islam, we believe in Jesus that he was the way during his time and actually you cannot be a Muslim if you are not believing in Eesa-on him peace). Doesn't mean to take him as a God. Every messenger was given a book and durin those times, tryin to bring the people back to the oneness of Allah. The people HAD to believe in their messenger or no Paradise for them. Doesn't mean to take them as a God.
Both the Bible and the Koran were written by Holy men and contain human error.

You must have a reading comprehension problem, OR you didn't even read my reply. I didn't say Jesus was part of the Trinity. He proved his divinity. God is One spirit manifested in as many divine children as he wants. Plural manifestation.

InvestigateTruth

I already quoted Hadith.

By the way do you know Arabic. Not that it matters, but so I know, if need to explain something.

Look, in the verse that says, Allah will replace you with another people, the word is قوم. (Pronounced qom.

This word in Arabic means Tribe. Typically, for example Arabs are a qom, or Tribe. Jews were another Qom. Persians are another qom.
So, I asked what does it mean, He will replace you with another Tribe?

The Hadith suggests that Arabs will be Replaced with Pesians.
In other words, if Allah had chosen Arabs, by sending a Messenger to them, now He will replace them with Persians.
This is what the verse and the Hadith say together. I am not making anything up here. Hope you can see. I quote Quran and Hadith.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I already quoted Hadith.

By the way do you know Arabic. Not that it matters, but so I know, if need to explain something.

Look, in the verse that says, Allah will replace you with another people, the word is قوم. (Pronounced qom.

This word in Arabic means Tribe. Typically, for example Arabs are a qom, or Tribe. Jews were another Qom. Persians are another qom.
So, I asked what does it mean, He will replace you with another Tribe?

The Hadith suggests that Arabs will be Replaced with Pesians.
In other words, if Allah had chosen Arabs, by sending a Messenger to them, now He will replace them with Persians.
This is what the verse and the Hadith say together. I am not making anything up here. Hope you can see. I quote Quran and Hadith.

Lol most Arabs were Jews. Again, they came to Islam.

InvestigateTruth

Every hadith to him is taking as evidence for his religion. He interprets everything one way, and thinks his one narrow view, should be taken.
Where did I talk about my religion?
The question and discussion is all about Quran and recorded traditions. So, let's keep on.