• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where do your ideas concerning Satan, and Lucifer, come from?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I've made various threads concerning Satan, and Lucifer, and who they are, what they do, so forth.
I've noticed, that, it seems the popular or 'taught' ideas, either correlate in a way that isn't inherent, in the Scriptural texts, or , might be inherent, and might not be.

I never heard people mentioning 'satan', or what he did, or people blaming satan, so forth, growing up.

From my perspective, and background, I would say that the ideas concerning satan, are mostly or seem mostly derived from teaching that is outside the direct text. And, also, these teachings tend to inform interpretations, of the text.

Any comments, from, christians, satanists, occultists, so forth, are welcome.

How does the teaching affect beliefs regarding these beings?

Also, does the popular inference to satan in music, match either the teachings, or the text?

Thanks

David T

Premium Member
I've made various threads concerning Satan, and Lucifer, and who they are, what they do, so forth.
I've noticed, that, it seems the popular or 'taught' ideas, either correlate in a way that isn't inherent, in the Scriptural texts, or , might be inherent, and might not be.

I never heard people mentioning 'satan', or what he did, or people blaming satan, so forth, growing up.

From my perspective, and background, I would say that the ideas concerning satan, are mostly or seem mostly derived from teaching that is outside the direct text. And, also, these teachings tend to inform interpretations, of the text.

Also, does the popular inference to satan in music, match either the teachings, or the text?

Thanks
Watching.The news....

Stanyon

WWMRD?
They are foreign concepts to me, sure I've heard and seen the many names and attributions but they never had any more meaning to me than Zeus or Allah.

Last edited:

74x12

Thanks
For me it's research and personal experience. Satan is quite real you know. The Bible itself also actually says quite a lot about satan, demons etc. But you have to know where to look.

Enlil

Allah's servant

Thanks

Satan (especially by his name Iblis) figures pretty prominently in the holy texts of my religion.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Thanks

Satan is a term used to reflect our lower nature as opposed to our highest being. In the bible the use of the terms Satan and demons are very different from the Tanakh. The origins of these new ideas most likely relates to the dualistic world view of the Zoroastrians during the period the Hebrew people were part of the Persian empire. Beyond that the influence of the Babylonians, Greeks, and Romans were important.

I don’t believe in the literal existence of Satan or demons though did for a brief period over 30 years ago when I was a born again Christian. On reflection belief in Satan and demons was unhelpful though appreciate it’s an important part of the faith and worldview for many Christians.

David T

Premium Member
They are foreign concepts to me, sure I've heard and seen the many names and attributions but they never had any more meaning to me than Zeus or Allah.
totally agree .

in regards to the character below some claim it to be jesus and others claim it it to be the devil. Seems very mormon to me because the Mormons claim that Jesus and the devil are brothers.
trump_small_hands.jpg

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
For me it's research and personal experience. Satan is quite real you know. The Bible itself also actually says quite a lot about satan, demons etc. But you have to know where to look.
I have no problem with percieving satan as a 'real being'. I believe the other angels to be real, hence this is another angel, thus no contradiction, in my beliefs.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
totally agree .

in regards to the character below some claim it to be jesus and others claim it it to be the devil. Seems very mormon to me because the Mormons claim that Jesus and the devil are brothers.
View attachment 21811

Considering how some of the more radical dems have been acting before and since the election, Trump seems to be the Devil incarnate to them. They seem to have been flinging every bit of faeces they can squeeze out of their angry little bodies in an attempt to use him as a scapegoat that is undeserving of anything but disgust, revulsion, and repudiation..... that may be why I like him.

David T

Premium Member
Considering how some of the more radical dems have been acting before and since the election, Trump seems to be the Devil incarnate to them. They seem to have been flinging every bit of faeces they can squeeze out of their angry little bodies in an attempt to use him as a scapegoat that is undeserving of anything but disgust, revulsion, and repudiation..... that may be why I like him.
There is a symbiotic relationship in two directions into liberalism and conservativism. They watch tv too much and don't get out enough.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Thanks

Satan is mentioned in Quran, my source of religious information, but Lucifer is not mentioned in Quran. The concept of Lucifer as I get it from Christians is not correct. Please
Regards