• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
... and who did not know that this she would say? :cool:

A supposed Bahai talking to a spiritist about consulting the dead, who suddenly says that she doesn't feel God with her and the Bible is not enough ... :facepalm:
My desire to communicate with someone on the other side has nothing to do with my Baha'i beliefs or my beliefs about the Bible.
Most Baha'is do not consult those who have passed to the spiritual world, although it is not prohibited. I am only one Baha'i and I do not represent the Baha'i teachings.
Has any Bahai really cared about anything the Bible says?
Baha'u'llah, the Prophet Founder of the Baha'i Faith, cared, since He called the Bible God's most great testimony among His creatures.
Addressing the Muslims and calling them foolish, Baha'u'llah wrote:

“We have also heard a number of the foolish of the earth assert that the genuine text of the heavenly Gospel doth not exist amongst the Christians, that it hath ascended unto heaven. How grievously they have erred! How oblivious of the fact that such a statement imputeth the gravest injustice and tyranny to a gracious and loving Providence! “How could God, when once the Day-star of the beauty of Jesus had disappeared from the sight of His people, and ascended unto the fourth heaven, cause His holy Book, His most great testimony amongst His creatures, to disappear also?” The Kitáb-i-Íqán, p. 89

Last edited by a moderator:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Maybe the tech just didn't know. It happens sometimes. But anyway it seems like a pretty inept way to "communicate"
or maybe the tech was right... I don't think it was inept since I know that my late husband would know what I thought about the TV coming on, since that TV was the one object in the house we both shared.

Eli G

So Baha'u'llah was a Bible student ... and you, bahais are Baha'u'llah's students.
Interesting. :)

Why aren't you Bible students like Baha'u'llah? We. JWs, can teach you, cause we are educated to teach from the Bible.

nPeace

Veteran Member
My point is that whether I am right or you are right won't change the end result.
It is true. According to the Bible, those who are wrong can't refuse their reward, and God won't refuse to reward with good, those who know.
(Matthew 6:16) . . .Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.
(1 Corinthians 3:8) . . .each person will receive his own reward according to his own work.

No one knows all truth except God.
That is true, Ken. However, do you think that is worth mentioning?
Does it change that fact that persons do know the truth of God, and many don't, and those who don't know will die at the Lord's hands, even if they don't want to... according to what we read in scripture?

(John 8:31, 32) 31 . . .“If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
(2 Thessalonians 1:7, 8) . . .at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.

Do not forget what Jesus told actual people.
(John 8:44, 45) 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me.

My relationship with God is a relationship of love, grace and faith. My relationship with God is not based on works or whether or not my understanding of the account of Lazarus is right. I am so close to Him that His Spirit actually lives in me, talks to me and uses me. It's a wonderful relationship.

What kind of relationship do you have with God?
I love you Kenny.
Jesus said this... according to John.
(John 15:8-10) 8 My Father is glorified in this, that you keep bearing much fruit and prove yourselves my disciples. 9 Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; remain in my love. 10 If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.

James, the brother of John, penned these words...
(James 2:17, 18) 17. . .faith by itself, without works, is dead. 18 Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”

I don't think words mean much to God, if one cannot produce.
Matthew 7:21-23, as well as 1 Timothy 2:3, 4 helps us appreciate that it is about what God wants. Not what we think, or what we say.

It's truly sad to me, to hear pastors blasting the words of "Saved by grace / faith. Not works." while sitting on their laurels, and fleecing the flock.
It saddens me Kenny, because I believe you are a kind-hearted soul, but kind-heartedness do not win God's favor.
The Bible says, God cannot be bribed. If we allow wicked men to mislead us, it is because we do not want to do things God's way, but most want a ticket to heaven.

What do you say... Are works very important to God? Are you required by God, to prove your love, by what you do, rather than what you say?
Does your beliefs matter to God, according to scripture?

In answering thos questions, please consider this scripture also.
(2 Timothy 4:1-5)
I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his Kingdom: 2 Preach the word; be at it urgently in favorable times and difficult times; reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all patience and art of teaching. 3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories. 5 You, though, keep your senses in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.
Remember Ken, the reason for telling you these things is because I love you, and your wife - your family, and friends.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So Baha'u'llah was a Bible student ... and you, bahais are Baha'u'llah's students.
Interesting. :)
No, Baha'u'llah was not a Bible student. He did not need to study the Bible since God taught Him the knowledge of of all that has been.

“O KING! I was but a man like others, asleep upon My couch, when lo, the breezes of the All-Glorious were wafted over Me, and taught Me the knowledge of all that hath been. This thing is not from Me, but from One Who is Almighty and All-Knowing. And He bade Me lift up My voice between earth and heaven, and for this there befell Me what hath caused the tears of every man of understanding to flow. The learning current amongst men I studied not; their schools I entered not. Ask of the city wherein I dwelt, that thou mayest be well assured that I am not of them who speak falsely. This is but a leaf which the winds of the will of thy Lord, the Almighty, the All-Praised, have stirred. Can it be still when the tempestuous winds are blowing? Nay, by Him Who is the Lord of all Names and Attributes! They move it as they list. The evanescent is as nothing before Him Who is the Ever-Abiding. His all-compelling summons hath reached Me, and caused Me to speak His praise amidst all people. I was indeed as one dead when His behest was uttered. The hand of the will of thy Lord, the Compassionate, the Merciful, transformed Me. Can any one speak forth of his own accord that for which all men, both high and low, will protest against him? Nay, by Him Who taught the Pen the eternal mysteries, save him whom the grace of the Almighty, the All-Powerful, hath strengthened.”​
Why aren't you Bible students like Baha'u'llah? We. JWs, can teach you, cause we are educated to teach from the Bible.
Why is it that you think you know what the Bible means better than other Christians?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
My desire to communicate with someone on the other side has nothing to do with my Baha'i beliefs or my beliefs about the Bible.
Most Baha'is do not consult those who have passed to the spiritual world, although it is not prohibited. I am only one Baha'i and I do not represent the Baha'i teachings.

Baha'u'llah, the Prophet Founder of the Baha'i Faith, cared, since He called the Bible God's most great testimony among His creatures.
Addressing the Muslims and calling them foolish, Baha'u'llah wrote:

“We have also heard a number of the foolish of the earth assert that the genuine text of the heavenly Gospel doth not exist amongst the Christians, that it hath ascended unto heaven. How grievously they have erred! How oblivious of the fact that such a statement imputeth the gravest injustice and tyranny to a gracious and loving Providence! “How could God, when once the Day-star of the beauty of Jesus had disappeared from the sight of His people, and ascended unto the fourth heaven, cause His holy Book, His most great testimony amongst His creatures, to disappear also?” The Kitáb-i-Íqán, p. 89
OK, I was wondering if, in your belief, it is possible your husband does not want to communicate with you. Also -- why would HE and you need a, spirit "medium" to transmit his messages to you? but as I said, is it possible in your belief (not mine) that he doesn't want to communicate with you? To tap into a tv and make it malfunction without the tech knowing why doesn't seem to me to be a real convenient way of doing it. Unless, of course, he? wants to frighten you.

Last edited by a moderator:

YoursTrue

No, Baha'u'llah was not a Bible student. He did not need to study the Bible since God taught Him the knowledge of of all that has been.

“O KING! I was but a man like others, asleep upon My couch, when lo, the breezes of the All-Glorious were wafted over Me, and taught Me the knowledge of all that hath been. This thing is not from Me, but from One Who is Almighty and All-Knowing. And He bade Me lift up My voice between earth and heaven, and for this there befell Me what hath caused the tears of every man of understanding to flow. The learning current amongst men I studied not; their schools I entered not. Ask of the city wherein I dwelt, that thou mayest be well assured that I am not of them who speak falsely. This is but a leaf which the winds of the will of thy Lord, the Almighty, the All-Praised, have stirred. Can it be still when the tempestuous winds are blowing? Nay, by Him Who is the Lord of all Names and Attributes! They move it as they list. The evanescent is as nothing before Him Who is the Ever-Abiding. His all-compelling summons hath reached Me, and caused Me to speak His praise amidst all people. I was indeed as one dead when His behest was uttered. The hand of the will of thy Lord, the Compassionate, the Merciful, transformed Me. Can any one speak forth of his own accord that for which all men, both high and low, will protest against him? Nay, by Him Who taught the Pen the eternal mysteries, save him whom the grace of the Almighty, the All-Powerful, hath strengthened.”​

Why is it that you think you know what the Bible means better than other Christians?
Did Bahaullah go to spirit mediums to get messages if you might know?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
OK, I was wondering if, in your belief, it is possible your husband does not want to communicate with you. Also -- why would HE and you need a, spirit "medium" to transmit his messages to you? but as I said, is it possible in your belief (not mine) that he doesn't want to communicate with you? To tap into a tv and make it malfunction without the tech knowing why doesn't seem to me to be a real convenient way of doing it. Unless, of course, he? wants to frighten you.
Firstly, this has nothing to do with my religious beliefs.

Secondly, I have no way of knowing if my husband wants to communicate with me but if he doesn't why did he keep turning the TV on?

Thirdly, I would need a medium since I am unable to communicate to the spiritual world, as I don't have that ability.

Fourthly, if he doesn't want to communicate with me the medium won't be able to contact him, or the medium will contact him and he will say he doesn't want to communicate with me. He would not communicate with me in life before or after he got sick, or while he was in the hospital so I had no closure. I don't even know for certain what he died of but I insisted on an autopsy so I will find out in due time, but my counselor told me I needed to try to contact him before I file a complaint with the health care system and possibly file a malpractice lawsuit. So as you can see this whole scenario is a big mess and it has taken me a whole year just to be able to deal with contacting him.

I do not think he was trying to frighten me by turning the TV on, I think he was trying to reach me, maybe to comfort me. He would never try to frighten me as he did not have a mean bone in his body.

YoursTrue

@Trailblazer
Since you seem to believe that your late husband is turning the tv on and off, you must also know that many who say they are Christians have differing beliefs? I don't know too much about Bahai, so please let us know how you know that those who go to heaven are sexless? Did Bahaullah give some information about this?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Did Bahaullah go to spirit mediums to get messages if you might know?
No, he did not. He got all His messages from God through the Holy Spirit.

“God is My witness, O people! I was asleep on My couch, when lo, the Breeze of God wafting over Me roused Me from My slumber. His quickening Spirit revived Me, and My tongue was unloosed to voice His Call. Accuse Me not of having transgressed against God. Behold Me, not with your eyes but with Mine. Thus admonisheth you He Who is the Gracious, the All-Knowing.” Gleanings, pp. 90-91

By the way, there was no couch. Asleep on my couch is just a metaphor for Him being caught unaware. ;)

YoursTrue

Secondly, I have no way of knowing if my husband wants to communicate with me but if he doesn't why did he keep turning the TV on?

Thirdly, I would need a medium since I am unable to communicate to the spiritual world, as I don't have that ability.

Fourthly, if he doesn't want to communicate with me the medium won't be able to contact him, or the medium will contact him and he will say he doesn't want to communicate with me. He would not communicate with me in life before or after he got sick, or while he was in the hospital so I had no closure. I don't even know for certain what he died of but I insisted on an autopsy so I will find out in due time, but my counselor told me I needed to try to contact him before I file a complaint with the health care system and possibly file a malpractice lawsuit. So as you can see this whole scenario is a big mess and it has taken me a whole year just to be able to deal with contacting him.

I do not think he was trying to frighten me by turning the TV on, I think he was trying to reach me, maybe to comfort me. He would never try to frighten me as he did not have a mean bone in his body.
So then what's your take as to why he can't communicate with you more than you thinking he's turning the tv off and on?

YoursTrue

No, he did not. He got all His messages from God through the Holy Spirit.

“God is My witness, O people! I was asleep on My couch, when lo, the Breeze of God wafting over Me roused Me from My slumber. His quickening Spirit revived Me, and My tongue was unloosed to voice His Call. Accuse Me not of having transgressed against God. Behold Me, not with your eyes but with Mine. Thus admonisheth you He Who is the Gracious, the All-Knowing.” Gleanings, pp. 90-91

By the way, there was no couch. Asleep on my couch is just a metaphor for Him being caught unaware. ;)
You know this about the couch how? :)

YoursTrue

It should, imo. Maybe I'm wrong but if your "religious beliefs" say there's no sex in heaven, then that's your religious belief. And if it says that Bahaullah said the dead can communicate through mediums with the living, then that's part of your religious belief. Maybe. That's if, of course, Bahaullah said so. Right? If he didn't say anything about sex in heaven or communication with spirit mediums then of course who can say what your religious beliefs are? But really, I guess the rest will just play out as it will. Have a good one.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
@Trailblazer
Since you seem to believe that your late husband is turning the tv on and off, you must also know that many who say they are Christians have differing beliefs? I don't know too much about Bahai, so please let us know how you know that those who go to heaven are sexless? Did Bahaullah give some information about this?
Using deductive reasoning, I know there can be no sex in heaven since we will not have physical bodies.

1 Corinthians 15 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

“The answer to the third question is this, that in the other world the human reality doth not assume a physical form, rather doth it take on a heavenly form, made up of elements of that heavenly realm.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 194

The Bible also says there will be no marriage in heaven and the fact that there is no marriage in heaven suggests that there is no sex in heaven,

YoursTrue

Using deductive reasoning, I know there can be no sex in heaven since we will not have physical bodies.

1 Corinthians 15 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

“The answer to the third question is this, that in the other world the human reality doth not assume a physical form, rather doth it take on a heavenly form, made up of elements of that heavenly realm.” Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 194
You don't believe that the Bible is truthful, anyway, have a good one.