• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where am I to be?

Onkara

You must not follow Gaudiya Vaishnavism to practise pure Bhakti (even is ISKCON says that), you can worship Shiva, Devi, Ganesha,... any deity with Bhakti.

Absolutely, Cypress!

Forgive me for speaking out on this topic but I feel the impluse to add some thoughts please to this on going thread in general.

Dualism arises in nondualism. The rejection of nondualism for dualism only occurs in a dualistic mind. I strongly state that dualism or a dualistic mind is not wrong or less, nor is Bhakti, nor Gaudiya Vaishnavism nor dvaita wrong nor less, they are good and natural. As right and wrong are both dualistic, it requires another force to guide the devotee to the supreme goal through the dualist path. This force becomes more salient and noticeable during the search. This force can be called faith, ritual, intuition etc, until at such a point profound realisation occours and search flowers into delight. It does not mean action or faith or bhakti ends or is rejected, that is the misconception of nondualism I hope to clarify.

Bhakti can and does arise from nondualistic realisation. Bhakti, prapatti or service to the Lord can be both the path and the result (to taking refuge in the divine). As to what degree and when bhakti influences the spiritual path of the devotee, is down to many factors, apparently individual to the onlooker. These factors include svabhava (one's nature), karma, gunas and prasad/anugraha or grace/blessings of the Lord.

As to how these has defined the devotees direction will become clear as the realisation deepens, so to speak. The point I am trying to make is that the name changing and to-ing and throwing in the seeker that occours is natural. No sooner does one feel they are on the right path then a factor comes along to indicate the path is in fact wrong. Keep the focus and use the energy to broaden us. Lets not be discouraged my friends. Rather lets wish for success and clarity in the next fascianting twist on our spiritual journey. May we all merge in inner-peace and divine bliss! :)

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks Cypress, but I dont think Shaivism is for me. I only liked it because of the dissolution of the Ego so that I could abide In pure conscoiusness longer, but that is not needed anymore. I believe I might go back to Krishna Bhakti.

Unless you are attracted to the idea of complete dualism then Sri Caitanya's teachings would be perfect for you. He taught simultaneous oneness and difference. This is the philosophy I adhere to. It makes the most sense to me.

Unless you are attracted to the idea of complete dualism then Sri Caitanya's teachings would be perfect for you. He taught simultaneous oneness and difference. This is the philosophy I adhere to. It makes the most sense to me.

Im not attracted to all out Dualism nor am I a big fan of Madhava's philosophy. I really like Sri Chaitanya and I used to follow him. But after my indepth experiance with Consciousness I then fell away. I then thought Buddhism would help, It didnt. My realization went agaisnt Buddhism because I knew that I was Conscoiusness and that it was not an aggrigate as Buddha says. But, I typed in Krishna in the search engine yesterday and it just hit me, I love Krishna. Why did I leave? I want to come back. Only a few hours later I was buying books about Krishna and today am going to pick up chanting again.

Thank you Madhuri and to all that have helped me, I feel like Im back at home and there is no feeling better than that!

Also Just in case anyone is wondering, Akshara means Indestructable Lord, and Dasa means Servant. So my name means "Servant of the Indestructable Lord" who is Krishna.

Last edited: