• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where am I to be?

I guess im a seeker. I am trying to find the right religion for me. Im very interested in Hinduism. But most of all I am a Devotionalist. Im am so devoted. I have just left Non-Dualism and would like to find a God-centered Religion that is based off of pure Devotion. When I am worshipping God, that is more blissful to me then meditation. I have had a direct experiance of my own Conscoiusness, but devotion is even more blissful, I know that may contradict many things, but its true. I have found that deep down, I am a Devotionalist or in Hinduism a Bhakta. Which religion could be right for me? I have researched Sufism, some forms of Hinduism, and the one form of Hinduism that really speaks to me is Gaudiya Vaishnavism. I know that this contradicts alot of my other posts about pure Being and things like that. But pure devotion and pure love without wanting anything in return is so blissful!!! Please help! All religions are welcome to give me advice.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Just out of curiosity, have you learned of Gnosticism? Something in your tale reminds me of it.

Cypress

Dragon Mom
You must not follow Gaudiya Vaishnavism to practise pure Bhakti (even is ISKCON says that), you can worship Shiva, Devi, Ganesha,... any deity with Bhakti.

You must not follow Gaudiya Vaishnavism to practise pure Bhakti (even is ISKCON says that), you can worship Shiva, Devi, Ganesha,... any deity with Bhakti.

Thanks. But I dont want non-dualism anymore. I dont want that, I want to serve God forever, not go into some void or anything like that. Like I said, I do enjoy the experiance of Pure Consciousness, but I am a Bhakta deep down, I want to serve the Lord.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Dvaita (dualism)? Possibly dvaita with a Shiva-Bhakta flavour?

After all, you don't need to be a non-dualist to be Hindu. Perhaps it is also your interpretation of what it means to merge with God? :)

Dvaita (dualism)? Possibly dvaita with a Shiva-Bhakta flavour?

After all, you don't need to be a non-dualist to be Hindu. Perhaps it is also your interpretation of what it means to merge with God? :)

Actually right now Im beginning to be pulled by Krishna, I dont know why. I tried worshipping Krishna a while ago, but I left it. But, I feel like im being pulled back. I used to be a "Krishna Bhakta". I would always chant the names of Krishna and I miss that. But after my direct experiance with Consciousness that all changed. Instead I began to like Shiva, because I felt he could destroy my ego. But the thing is, is that Non-Dualism which talks about no-mind and that junk, is the most mental philosophy I know! They use such confusing terms and its difficult to explain things and sometime they talk about awareness then conscoiusness, and witnessing on contact, its so mental!!! Even though they talk about transcendance of the Mind. I just want to go back to when I was into pure Devotionalism.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Krishna is pretty awesome. If you think you are attracted to Krishna, go for it. It's ok to change your mind. Until then, chant the name of Krishna if it brings you bliss.

Here, I'll start you off: Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna...

;)

Krishna is pretty awesome. If you think you are attracted to Krishna, go for it. It's ok to change your mind. Until then, chant the name of Krishna if it brings you bliss.

Here, I'll start you off: Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna...

;)

Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

Thanks Odion, I needed that.

Well, I just got back from a book store and baught some books about Krishna. Im very happy right now. I believe I might go back to Bhakti.

Congratulations, Being. Bhakti is a beautiful path for those who are attuned to it. :)

Thank you very much LuisDantas. I feel like I have found what I am looking for. I feel like I need someone to Love and to Devote myself too, and what a better person then God? The greatest form of Bhakti I know is Gaudiya Vaishnavism and the Greatest Bhakta ever is Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. So I guess Im with Gaudiya Vaishnavism, and it feels so good. :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Forgive me for the naive question, but IIRC Bhakti Vaishnavism is Hinduism aimed for devotion for Vishnu and its Avatars (including Krishna), right?

Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is some highly respected Guru, I assume.

So what does Gaudiya mean?

Forgive me for the naive question, but IIRC Bhakti Vaishnavism is Hinduism aimed for devotion for Vishnu and its Avatars (including Krishna), right?

Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is some highly respected Guru, I assume.

So what does Gaudiya mean?

Well Gaudiya Vaishnavism takes Krishna to be the Supreme Lord, Svayam Bhagavan, the Supreme Personality. In this philosophy Krishna is NOT an avatar of Vishnu, but the source of Vishnu. In Gaudiya Vaishnavism, Vishnu is an expansion of Krishna. And Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is the Yuga Avatara, or the incarnation of Krishna of this age. He is not only Krishna, but Krishna's greatest Devotee. Chaitanya Mahaprabhu says that the Dharma of this age is to chant the names of God, or Hari, Krishna, and Rama. And Gaudiya is a name of Bengal where this form of Vaishnavism was founded. It is also called Chaitanya Vaishnavism, after the Yuga Avatara.

Cypress

Dragon Mom
For you Akshara:
krishna-946833.jpeg