• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When was your last chosen leader?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

Who is your last religious leader that is chosen in your religion and when was he born and when did he die?

Are there more chosen leaders to come per your view?

When was the last "holy book" revealed per your view?

Are there more holy books to come?

Why or why not?

What God's plan with all this for present and future per your view?

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Salam

Who is your last religious leader that is chosen in your religion and when was he born and when did he die?
In Bahai view, Shoghi Effendi was the last divinely ordained leader. After him, we have the Universal House of Justice who is also divinely ordained and under protection of divine guidance, thus infallible.

For sure.

Kitab-iAghdas (aka the Most Holy Book), was the last Holy Book revealed in 1873.

For sure.

Why or why not?
Because the Laws and Ordinances are only suitable for a period of time. A time comes, humanity needs a new set of Law or Shariah. At that time, the Laws of previous Holy Book are not useful anymore.

Humanity goes through cycles, which are identical. So, whatever happened after Jesus in the world, will now happen again. The history repeats itself again and again.
Like cycle of Day and Night.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why or why not?
We do not have any (God-chosen) leaders in Hinduism. There have been various leaders with various beliefs. A Hindu will choose any according to his views. I follow one (Sankara) who lived (according to most scholars) around Mohammad's time, but my belief is a little different from his. Hindus remember what was said but not when or who said it.

A holy book is one which gives wise advice. We have hundreds of them. Again, Hindu chooses one according to his views. I do not follow any particular book. I do not believe that there are any 'revealed books', since I do not believe in existence of God or soul. Yeah, people can still write books giving wise advice, but Hindus have already discussed all possibilities in detail, so not much chance of that. Even when these books exist, a Hindu will and is free to choose his / her own way.

As I have already said, I do not believe in existence of God or soul, so there is no 'planner' and no 'plans'. Life goes on.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I am my own chosen leader. I am my own prophet, and the vanguard of my own religion. I am the lone bearer of the torch, as I navigate the endless night.

It is my view that anyone could be a “prophet”… but most do not reach out or listen in the way God(s) intended. Or maybe they do, but they struggle to interpret the message. Maybe they do not feel a calling to be a force that guides the world, or the sense of purpose to utilize it and share it with humanity in a meaningful way. Perhaps they remain uncertain as to what medium they would use to share their message with the world.. be it writing, art, music… or something else. Maybe they do share, and people have not yet realized it. Perhaps they are solitary, and would rather focus on their own personal development in their own spiritual-religious journey. No judgment here… and there is no shame in embracing a divine message that another has shared with the world, one that truly resonates with who you know you are and who you wish to become. Whether you feel the God(s) reaching out into your hearts and minds, or you embrace the paths set before you in the world’s great religions, or some combination… may it help you move forward in the way your heart screams out for the most.

I consider many sacred writings to be holy, throughout many religions. My favorites would be the Holy Bible, the Enuma Eliš, and the Descent of Ištar… among many others. My preferred method of communicating my spirituality/ religion… is art. I may use words on occasion, but when I draw or paint something, everything is so much more vivid. The essence is far less… diluted. As for what triggers the inspiration… there is prayer, obviously. There is also True Will, and a sense of purpose that does not allow you to let go. And music. Music is a significant catalyst. It is like it a sacred gate opens... and the visions come pouring through. It is incredible, what can happen in the mind. So I document what I see and feel, as forces wage war Above, and Below… and Within.

Truth in love

Salam

Why or why not?

President Nelson is alive and well (frankly very well given that he was born in 1924).

Yes there will be more prophets called at least until Christ returns.

The last holy books final update (to this point) was in 1978. We have an open canon and I would not be surprised with more to come. I believe that the process by which God speaks to man and they write scripture is ongoing.