• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

when Jesus (PBUH) returns...

.lava

Veteran Member
do you know how to recognize him?

let me say one thing we've been told;

he would not have any relatives on earth, no birth record, no life story.

any ideas folks?

lombas

Society of Brethren
I think that someone who has passed away almost two thousand years ago doesn't really have the ability to "return".

summia

Scriptural reader

any ideas folks?
Yes, prophetic hadeeth narrates...
" Issa (pbuh) will be middle aged man (30 or above), he will appear in Makka's mountains, his forehead will be prominant and drops of respiration will fallen from the hairs and his eyes colour will be black, and he will came with the religion of Muhammad pbuh (means holding Quran in his hand)"

But i'm not sure of exact adress of Hadeeth, but it is in first volume of Sahi Bokhari.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
what do you understand from this sentence?

That means to me that He already had His disciples and apostles who already spread His commands and that will not happen again. He will not do what He has already done. That part of the work is finished (which He said right before He died on the cross).
Next time He comes is for a different reason. Exactly what that means will be known when the time comes. ( I don't pretend to know everything- As Klinger once said on MASH "If I knew everything, I would run for God":angel2:)

JayHawes

Jesus will return from heaven with a shout. We will hear trumpets and horns. And you will see him riding upon a White Horse, and he will be wearing a long white robe- dipped in his blood, and a crown will be upon his head. He will have written on him many names and on his tigh will be written THE WORD OF GOD, and at the sight of him every man and creature will fall before him and shall declare him to be The Christ, the glory of God the Father. And the armies of Heaven shall follow him.

Kingofkings69.jpg

lombas

Society of Brethren
Jesus will return from heaven with a shout. We will hear trumpets and horns. And you will see him riding upon a White Horse, and he will be wearing a long white robe- dipped in his blood, and a crown will be upon his head. He will have written on him many names and on his tigh will be written THE WORD OF GOD, and at the sight of him every man and creature will fall before him and shall declare him to be The Christ, the glory of God the Father.

Kingofkings69.jpg

That's pretty scary.

Now him coming while driving a white Cadillac, wouldn't that be more of this day and age?

JayHawes

any ideas folks?

Jesus will have many relatives on earth. Those who beleive on him for salvation have been adobted into his family.

He does have a birth record in Matthew 1, and he does have a life story as recorded in the four Gospels. He shall return just as he left in Acts 1:11.

.lava

Veteran Member
I think that someone who has passed away almost two thousand years ago doesn't really have the ability to "return".

we, creatures are nothing.
we are given some power yet everything still belongs to Allah.
it is divine will that brings Jesus(PBUH) back not the prophet himself.
it is only Allah who can do anything.
since Allah created us, made us exactly from out of nothing, so why would you think it can not make him return?

tell me, let's say you eat carrot and icecream..can you make your stomach digest only icecream or would you agree if i say your stomach is not under the command of your freewill?

JayHawes

Re 6:1And I saw when the Lamb (Jesus) opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

Re 6:2And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Re 6:3And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

Re 6:4And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Re 6:5And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

Re 6:6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

Re 6:7And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

Re 6:8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

summia

Scriptural reader
I know only one thing that is my believe for Jesus pbuh...

Allah Almighty says in Quran,
"O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
<3:55 >

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Jesus will return from heaven with a shout. We will hear trumpets and horns. And you will see him riding upon a White Horse, and he will be wearing a long white robe- dipped in his blood, and a crown will be upon his head. He will have written on him many names and on his tigh will be written THE WORD OF GOD, and at the sight of him every man and creature will fall before him and shall declare him to be The Christ, the glory of God the Father. And the armies of Heaven shall follow him.

Kingofkings69.jpg

A little cheesy for today, don't you think?

Beware of those who come fore Christ, one of them may decieve many.
FourHorsemen.JPG

I prefer this Lucifer.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I will know my friend when I see him, trust me on that score -- the thing is how will YOU know him when you see him -- especially when you discover all the fairy tales are dead wrong. That will be a lark. Hang tight. Oh, and by the way... don't waste time looking towards the sky... that is absurd but I am sure it still manages to frighted a few sheltered souls who prefer to think they are mere mortals.

HB3

any ideas folks?

If one believes in the Christian New Testemant and if I understand somewhat the phrophesies of the Jewish religion, then Jesus as the Messiah was not recognized when he came the first time. The Hebrew people were expecting a warrior king who would overthrow the Romans (or whoever happened to be conquerors of Isreal at the time) and "the government would be on his shoulders." It is easy to criticize in hindsight those who rejected Jesus as the Messiah, but considering what many of the Prophets said, it was natural not to accept Jesus. They were definitely not waiting for an itinerant preacher who would tell people to "love your enemies" and carry a soldier's pack an extra mile.

Thus if Jesus should return to earth in a manner similar to his first coming, I doubt if many Christians would recognize or accept him. They would be waiting for the triumphant warrior on a white horse charging out of the skies. Think of the most Godly, compassionate, accepting person you know. If that person told you he or she were Christ, would you not seek help for him or her. I have always said if Jesus came back to earth today we would either put him/her in a mental hospital or give him his own TV show.

So I guess my answer is no I would not recognize him.