• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When does someone deserve to die?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I know accidents can happen. What I was trying to explain is that when someone doesn't care about the consequences of one's own actions and they lead to someone else's death that is what I would call unjust killing. If, however, you were merely involved in an accident that resulted in someone else's death I wouldn't call that an unjust death. I would call it **** happens.

And who will decide whether an accidental death was reckless, careless or just by chance. You? And if after any executions the people decide that a decision was wrong about that, who will decide whether the decisions makers about that will die?

Your whole world seems a bit topsy turvy to me, I'm afraid.

And what would you do if today for no apparent reason someby decides to punch you, and then they punch you again, and you try to defend yourself by pushing the attacker away, but they fall backwards hit the ground and die. Will you happily go to your execution after saying goodbye to your loved-ones?

All these ideas might seem fine to you, and they'll be fairly harmless as long as you never get the chance to implement them, or your World will be a very precarious and deadly one...... for innocent folks.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
And who will decide whether an accidental death was reckless, careless or just by chance. You? And if after any executions the people decide that a decision was wrong about that, who will decide whether the decisions makers about that will die?

Your whole world seems a bit topsy turvy to me, I'm afraid.

And what would you do if today for no apparent reason someby decides to punch you, and then they punch you again, and you try to defend yourself by pushing the attacker away, but they fall backwards hit the ground and die. Will you happily go to your execution after saying goodbye to your loved-ones?

All these ideas might seem fine to you, and they'll be fairly harmless as long as you never get the chance to implement them, or your World will be a very precarious and deadly one...... for innocent folks.

You are probably unaware that the distinction I am making is not mine alone. It is actually how the law is applied in my country. We don't have the death penalty here though.

When someone doesn't care about the consequences of one's own actions and someone ends up dying that is what we call 'dolo eventual'. The punishment is the same as if you intended to cause the harm you did.

It's not easy to prove dolo eventual but far from impossible. I can cite some examples if you are interested.

If while defending yourself from aggression you end up killing someone accidentally that would be hardly ever considered dolo eventual. However there are some circumstances where you can be charged with homicide for using too much force to protect yourself.

I find it funny that you would label all sorts of guilty people as innocents.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You are probably unaware that the distinction I am making is not mine alone. It is actually how the law is applied in my country. We don't have the death penalty here though.

When someone doesn't care about the consequences of one's own actions and someone ends up dying that is what we call 'dolo eventual'. The punishment is the same as if you intended to cause the harm you did.

It's not easy to prove dolo eventual but far from impossible. I can cite some examples if you are interested.

If while defending yourself from aggression you end up killing someone accidentally that would be hardly ever considered dolo eventual. However there are some circumstances where you can be charged with homicide for using too much force to protect yourself.

And I find it funny to read just how much you have changed your opinion, because earlier you even wanted to execute judges and juries which had found innocents to be guilty. :)

Which country do you live in? I

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Ha ha! I looked it up.
Recklessness which leads to damage, injury, death or any other loss is a crime here in the UK, but for you to suggest earlier that anybody who accidentally kills should die is nothing to do with dolo eventual law.
All a waste of posts, imo

Koldo

Outstanding Member
And I find it funny to read just how much you have changed your opinion, because earlier you even wanted to execute judges and juries which had found innocents to be guilty. :)

Which country do you live in? I

I didn't change my opinion. It has been the same all along. I am just clarifying it as we speak.

I didn't say I want to execute judges and juries when they wrongfully sentence someone to death. I have said they deserve to die.

I live in Brazil by the way.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Ha ha! I looked it up.
Recklessness which leads to damage, injury, death or any other loss is a crime here in the UK, but for you to suggest earlier that anybody who accidentally kills should die is nothing to do with dolo eventual law.
All a waste of posts, imo

I haven't said that anybody who accidentally kills should die.

Regarding the law, what I have said is that either intentfully killing someone or killing someone because you don't care about the consequences of your actions entails the same punishment in my country. I haven't said that either necessarily entail death penalty. As a matter of fact, I have said there is no death penalty in my country.

Bird123

Me: when ought someone die?
You: when it's time.
Me: when is it time?
You: Man doesn't know.

Is that about right?

How can you ever hope to advance if you will not reach forward into the unknown. Accepting that you can never know is just the excuse to inactivity.

I have seen many people who I knew it would not be long.

Curious George

Veteran Member
How can you ever hope to advance if you will not reach forward into the unknown. Accepting that you can never know is just the excuse to inactivity.

I have seen many people who I knew it would not be long.
I am sorry, do you think that answers my question?