• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did Paul convert?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What is the time lag between the event of crucifixion of Jesus and Paul's conversion from Judaism, please?
Kindly mention days, weeks and or months, please. Also please give one's arguments with the sources, please.

Regards

InvestigateTruth

What is the time lag between the event of crucifixion of Jesus and Paul's conversion from Judaism, please?
Kindly mention days, weeks and or months, please. Also please give one's arguments with the sources, please.

Regards
Paul was inspired by Allah. He believed in Jesus without seeing Jesus or learning about Him from others. He must have been given true dreams or visions.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Paul was inspired by Allah. He believed in Jesus without seeing Jesus or learning about Him from others. He must have been given true dreams or visions.
He knew about Jesus. He persecuted Christians as a Pharisee. His conversion took him from persecuting followers of the Lord to being persecuted for the sake of the Lord.

InvestigateTruth

He knew about Jesus. He persecuted Christians as a Pharisee. His conversion took him from persecuting followers of the Lord to being persecuted for the sake of the Lord.
Yes, that's right.
I wasn't aware that Paul used to prosecute Christians before conversion.

Why did Jesus choose Paul to show Himself too? There were many others too.

pearl

I'm not sure 'conversion' in the strict sense fits Paul's experience, as he did remain a Jew.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yes, that's right.
I wasn't aware that Paul used to prosecute Christians before conversion.

Why did Jesus choose Paul to show Himself too? There were many others too.
Scriptures doesn't tell us why, no different as "why" he chose the twelve. (fishermen, tax collectors, et al)

But God did send this to him:

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

InChrist

Free4ever
Yes, Jesus said you don't choose me, I choose you.
So, Paul must have had something special to be chosen.
Of course only God fully knows the reason Paul was chosen, but the scriptures do say he was zealous toward God and exceedingly zealous for the religious traditions of his fathers ( Acts 22:3 ; Galatians 1:14). So he may have had just the personality and character to be used of God to remain committed and persevere as he did in spreading the gospel and sharing the reality of Jesus Christ with others.
Just my thoughts.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Paul also said he was whatever works at the time. Benny from The Mummy has more integrity.
Does one mean that Paul earlier Saul- a Pharisee of Judaism people, became a double agent due to some personal grievances with them, please? Right?

Regards
"When Paul turned his attention to the Greeks, he wished to please them so that they could convert to Christianity. With this in mind, he introduced into the Christian faith the concept of 'the three persons of the Godhead', to mirror the Greek concept of three gods, despite the fact that Jesus himself had never thought of such a thing."
Page-51
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/Fountain-of-Christianity.pdf

Kelly of the Phoenix

Does one mean that Paul earlier Saul- a Pharisee of Judaism people, became a double agent due to some personal grievances with them, please? Right?

Regards
"When Paul turned his attention to the Greeks, he wished to please them so that they could convert to Christianity. With this in mind, he introduced into the Christian faith the concept of 'the three persons of the Godhead', to mirror the Greek concept of three gods, despite the fact that Jesus himself had never thought of such a thing."
Page-51
I suspect that Antipas and Agrippa had more pressing international problems and got a family member to infiltrate the movement to convince them to respect “God-given” authority.

lukethethird

unknown member
The Jesus narrative appeared on the scene when the gospel of Mark was written, about 70CE, so Paul predates the Jesus narrative by a couple of decades, it was written after Paul died. Paul, nor any of the epistle writers appear to be aware of the gospel narrative. The earliest Christians had visions of a risen Christ, Christianity appears to have started with a dying and rising Christ, while the Jesus of Nazareth came later.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The Jesus narrative appeared on the scene when the gospel of Mark was written, about 70CE, so Paul predates the Jesus narrative by a couple of decades, it was written after Paul died. Paul, nor any of the epistle writers appear to be aware of the gospel narrative. The earliest Christians had visions of a risen Christ, Christianity appears to have started with a dying and rising Christ, while the Jesus of Nazareth came later.
Does one mean that Paul was unaware of the Jesus narrative and or Jesus' teachings as a Jewish Messiah/Moshiach, please?

Regards

"It should also be remembered that the clergy’s collection of scriptures is completely worthless and even embarrassing. They whimsically declare some books to be divine and others to be forged. They judge these four Gospels to be authentic and the rest—about fifty-six of them—forged. But this belief is based on mere guesswork and speculation, rather than on any concrete evidence. They have had to make these decisions by themselves, for there is a marked discrepancy between these and the other Gospels. Researchers, however, believe that it is not possible to determine which of them is actually forged and which is not."
Page 10 Fountain of Christianity

lukethethird

unknown member
Does one mean that Paul was unaware of the Jesus narrative and or Jesus' teachings as a Jewish Messiah/Moshiach, please?

Regards

"It should also be remembered that the clergy’s collection of scriptures is completely worthless and even embarrassing. They whimsically declare some books to be divine and others to be forged. They judge these four Gospels to be authentic and the rest—about fifty-six of them—forged. But this belief is based on mere guesswork and speculation, rather than on any concrete evidence. They have had to make these decisions by themselves, for there is a marked discrepancy between these and the other Gospels. Researchers, however, believe that it is not possible to determine which of them is actually forged and which is not."
Page 10 Fountain of Christianity
The author of gMark may have put a couple of Paul's teachings into Jesus' mouth.