• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Did Our Spirit Enter The Enbryo Or Fetus Thus Creating A Living SouL

Norman

Defender of Truth
Below is the Andrew Carnegie's Chart, I have broken it down for convenience for others. My question is where do you believe the spirit entered the fetus or embryo and thus a living soul started?. I believe the spirit entered in the first trimester at "stage 20, Spontaneous Movement." (Fetus). I believe that scripture shows that we lived as spirits before entering our bodies. I quote scripture below to sustain my decision. What do you believe or think?

Jeremiah 1:4 Then the word of the Lord‍ came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed‍ thee in the belly I knew‍ thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified‍ thee, and‍ I ordained‍ thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am‍ a child.

Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers‍ of our flesh which corrected us,‍ and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection‍ unto the Father‍ of spirits, and live?

Zechariah 12:1 The burden of the word of the Lord‍ for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit‍ of man within him.

Ecclesiastes12:7 Then shall the dust‍ return to the earth as it was: and the spirit‍ shall return unto God who gave‍ it.

Numbers 16:22 And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God‍ of the spirits‍ of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?

Job 32:8 But there is‍ a spirit‍ in man: and the inspiration‍ of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness‍ with our spirit, that we are the children‍ of God:

Stage 1 Fertilization, Stage 2 Cleavage, Stage 3 Early Blastocyst, Stage 4 Implantation, Stage 5 Implantation Completed, Stage 6 Gastrulation, Stage 7 Neurulation, Stage 8 Primitive Pit, Stage 9 First Somites, Stage 10 Neural Folds Heart Beat, Stage 11 First Trimester, Stage 12 Upper Limb Buds, Stage 13 First Layer Skin, Stage 14 Esophagus Forming, Stage 15 Cerebral Hemispheres, Stage 16 Hindbrain Developing, Stage 17 Primitive Germ Cells, Stage 18 Kidneys Produce Urin, Stage 20 Spontaneous Movement, Stage 22 Brain Can Move Muscles, Stage 23 End of Forming Embryonic Development, Second Trimester, Stage 14 Sexual Organs Now Clearly Visible, Third Trimester, Stage 24 Sensory Brain Waves Begin To Activate, Weeks 40 Stage 40 Baby Full Term

upload_2015-3-16_22-7-52.png

This is the chart that I used for this question.

I am sorry everyone, I forgot to list the website where this chart is at
Visible Embryo Home Page

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Biblical terms, I see the spirit going into a person when they are first created. I mirror it to Adam who God "breathed in Him" life (or spirit) the moment he was created. That is in Genesis 2:7.

This is what I believe: We were not "given" a spirit; we already have a spirit. It is a part of us, body, spirit, and mind. Why do we make things so complicated?
Below is the Andrew Carnegie's Chart, I have broken it down for convenience for others. My question is where do you believe the spirit entered the fetus or embryo and thus a living soul started?. I believe the spirit entered in the first trimester at "stage 20, Spontaneous Movement." (Fetus). I believe that scripture shows that we lived as spirits before entering our bodies. I quote scripture below to sustain my decision. What do you believe or think?

Jeremiah 1:4 Then the word of the Lord‍ came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed‍ thee in the belly I knew‍ thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified‍ thee, and‍ I ordained‍ thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am‍ a child.

Hebrews 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers‍ of our flesh which corrected us,‍ and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection‍ unto the Father‍ of spirits, and live?

Zechariah 12:1 The burden of the word of the Lord‍ for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit‍ of man within him.

Ecclesiastes12:7 Then shall the dust‍ return to the earth as it was: and the spirit‍ shall return unto God who gave‍ it.

Numbers 16:22 And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God‍ of the spirits‍ of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?

Job 32:8 But there is‍ a spirit‍ in man: and the inspiration‍ of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness‍ with our spirit, that we are the children‍ of God:

Stage 1 Fertilization, Stage 2 Cleavage, Stage 3 Early Blastocyst, Stage 4 Implantation, Stage 5 Implantation Completed, Stage 6 Gastrulation, Stage 7 Neurulation, Stage 8 Primitive Pit, Stage 9 First Somites, Stage 10 Neural Folds Heart Beat, Stage 11 First Trimester, Stage 12 Upper Limb Buds, Stage 13 First Layer Skin, Stage 14 Esophagus Forming, Stage 15 Cerebral Hemispheres, Stage 16 Hindbrain Developing, Stage 17 Primitive Germ Cells, Stage 18 Kidneys Produce Urin, Stage 20 Spontaneous Movement, Stage 22 Brain Can Move Muscles, Stage 23 End of Forming Embryonic Development, Second Trimester, Stage 14 Sexual Organs Now Clearly Visible, Third Trimester, Stage 24 Sensory Brain Waves Begin To Activate, Weeks 40 Stage 40 Baby Full Term

View attachment 8570

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Yeeeeah, sorry, no. Consciousness is the important factor. There are plenty of fertilized human eggs that never make it term because of some small problem or another, but we don't count those in death statistics do we? No, we don't, because they don't matter. If you don't have independent brain function, you're an organ farm at best and a piece of meat that can function as only the slimmest facsimile of a human-being at worst.

We only separate brain-death from, you know, death-death because we're slowly making mortality our *****. No higher-order function, no personhood.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yeeeeah, sorry, no. Consciousness is the important factor. There are plenty of fertilized human eggs that never make it term because of some small problem or another, but we don't count those in death statistics do we?
Yeah, but are we always right?
If you don't have independent brain function, you're an organ farm at best and a piece of meat that can function as only the slimmest facsimile of a human-being at worst.
There you go again, talking about me like that..........

:p

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

View attachment 8570

According to the Bible, - and the Hebrew writings, - with the first breath at birth.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

GoodbyeDave

A soul does not exist scientifically speaking. And we all know theology has no place defining biology.
What has science to do with it? And since when does science have a place in defining theology? Except, of course, in the context of scientism: turning a belief in the omnipotence of science into a pseudoreligion.

To return to the original question, we don't know when a soul enters the body, or if it pre-exists. Even just in Christianity, there have been divergent views on the matter.

Norman

Defender of Truth
I have no idea what this "soul" is of which you speak, but the material is biological from before conception until it decomposes.

Norman: Hi gsaseeker, a living soul is our spirit being joined with our physical body. I was asking people where does the spirit enter the embryo or fetus, thus a living soul is born.