• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did God tell the Israelites that He was three persons?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
That's an interesting take on John 8:58. Even JWs, not wanting John 8:58 to be Jesus calling Himself by the name of God "I am" say that the passage is just saying that Jesus said that He existed before Abraham.
You can't ignore that statement by Jesus of existing before Abraham surely.
You have to admit that just saying ‘I Am’ does not mean you are almighty God. The man born blind and healed by Jesus also said, ‘I Am’ when asked if he was indeed that man….!

I don’t hear anyone claiming that he was saying that he is God!!

Moreover,’Eigo Eimi’ is Greek for ‘I am’ and is just the MEANING in the HEBREW NAME, ‘YHWH’. Moreover, the words would have been spoken in Aramaic. What is the Aramaic for ‘I am’?

But, in any case, can you say that ‘Peter is Christ’ because scripture says:
  • ‘The Rock (Peter / Cephas) that followed the children of Israel in the wilderness was Christ’ (1 Corinthians 10:4)
No! The whole thing hangs on the term ‘BEFORE’ which means ‘GREATER THAN’ in context.

Abraham foresaw the day of the messiah. The messiah was to be from his loins - How is Jesus already in existence if he is a future prodigy of Abraham?
  • “Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56)

John the Baptist was older than Jesus (which is the only reason for the reference his and Jesus’ birth is in the Bible! - Otherwise John did not even know Jesus : his cousin!) and stated that the one to come AFTER HIM would be BEFORE HIM: ‘GREATER THAN HE’:
  • ‘John was great - but Jesus was greater than he’
The language of the verse is purposely rearranged to allow such as yourself to swallow the lie:
  • ‘Before Abraham, I am’…
What is that?
  • ‘Before Abraham, God’?
  • ‘Before Abraham, YHWH’?
  • ‘Before Abraham was GOD’?
  • ‘Before Abraham was YHWH’?
No! Jesus stated that Abraham was happy to know that one (a child in fashion) was COMING from his loins that would be GREATER THAN HE whom Almighty God: YHWH, called ‘Friend’ - and indeed:
  • ‘Abraham was great, but Jesus was GREATER THAN he’
If the Jews really had thought Jesus was saying that he was Almighty God how did they ever think they were going to stone THEIR GOD???

No! They wanted to stone Jesus because they felt Jesus was insulting them by saying that he was GREATER THAN their GREAT ANCESTOR, Abraham!

But what is this verse saying:
  • “I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge.” (John 8:50)
If you are claiming that Jesus is God then how do you justify Jesus claiming that he is judged [BY GOD]’?

One who judges is greater than he who is judged!

Last edited:

Soapy

If God brings someone back from Hades to communicate with the living then it can happen.
If God made Jesus alive in the spirit/Spirit after the death of His body then God can do that.
You are talking nonsense just for the sake of it.

Who has God brought back to life in the spirit from the dead for the purpose of communicating with the living: Spirit in the material world!!

Jesus, Elijah, Elisha, Peter, possibly other apostles after Pentecost… BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD… but not by GOD HIMSELF!! Notice that these people later DIED again… But when GOD brought one person back to life - Jesus Christ - he remained alive ETERNALLY!!

So stop, Brian2. You are not looking good!

The making alive in the spirit is after the raising up into Heaven of Jesus Christ: a Living Spirit from mankind.

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A human man a thinker is a great big liar as said by men.

Theists science group.

Humans first.

Advice to all scientists.
.microbial sperm father owns it and it's not you.
.microbial ovary mother owns it and it's not you. Humans two never you.

You're the liar theist.

In theory you never include your owned humans presence first. That you identify I name my human father as a human a man my father. Three names. Fourth name is his human name.

Same for your mother.

As the human liar you are man theist for science so you just ignore human women. As it's all about a man's egotism greed powermongerer self titled self entitled Rich man machine owner first.

Man says as a theist. I identify nothing pressure is a hole nothing. Space condition.

I also identify that the hole O keeps mass present as O held.

I can only perform magical conjuring as a man on fixed mass O.

I said O earth a God was it's mother and body in one.

As theist.

I however also quoted O to become a cold fixed mass presence spiritually as I was thinking above me as cloud conditions.

The body spirit was moving on space in deep first. With water and light present.

O was a G spin back to O fixed. Heat I separated O into DD becoming OO mass cooling in one place.

So O was not relevant nor was OO or a D. I just said GD spinning as clouds mass stretched wandered separated dispersed its body.

God in heavens.

Now I also said it's why God of earth hadn't formed by the same motion as it was kept fixed O in one place.

Not the same science laws in space. Told and instantly was told...by my own self human thinking.

My bio conscious thinking only is thought because of heavens space only.

So I said it's why no human or man is GOD as I meant what I said.

Pretty basic stop lying human men.

Brian2

Veteran Member
You have to admit that just saying ‘I Am’ does not mean you are almighty God. The man born blind and healed by Jesus also said, ‘I Am’ when asked if he was indeed that man….!

I don’t hear anyone claiming that he was saying that he is God!!

Those Jesus was speaking to thought He was being blasphemous at John 8:58 and wanted to stone Him.
How Jesus said it, or the words He used (Ego eimi insted of the Aramaic maybe) must have made it plain just what He was saying.

• “Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56)

John the Baptist was older than Jesus (which is the only reason for the reference his and Jesus’ birth is in the Bible! - Otherwise John did not even know Jesus : his cousin!) and stated that the one to come AFTER HIM would be BEFORE HIM: ‘GREATER THAN HE’:
  • ‘John was great - but Jesus was greater than he’
The language of the verse is purposely rearranged to allow such as yourself to swallow the lie:
  • ‘Before Abraham, I am’…
What is that?
  • ‘Before Abraham, God’?
  • ‘Before Abraham, YHWH’?
  • ‘Before Abraham was GOD’?
  • ‘Before Abraham was YHWH’?
No! Jesus stated that Abraham was happy to know that one (a child in fashion) was COMING from his loins that would be GREATER THAN HE whom Almighty God: YHWH, called ‘Friend’ - and indeed:
  • ‘Abraham was great, but Jesus was GREATER THAN he’
If the Jews really had thought Jesus was saying that he was Almighty God how did they ever think they were going to stone THEIR GOD???

No! They wanted to stone Jesus because they felt Jesus was insulting them by saying that he was GREATER THAN their GREAT ANCESTOR, Abraham!

But what is this verse saying:
  • “I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge.” (John 8:50)
If you are claiming that Jesus is God then how do you justify Jesus claiming that he is judged [BY GOD]’?

One who judges is greater than he who is judged!

Jesus said "Before Abraham was born, I am." It has nothing to do with how great Jesus, it is at the least about how old He was.

This was answering their statement John 8: 57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”
But you ignore it and twist it around for the sake of your doctrines.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If human two of existed first no book owns the reasoning why. As no book is God.

Humans in named title are a or the human two of one species. No argument was ever allowed.

We live says a thinker due to garden nature existing oxygenating water.

We live and die in oxygenated water as we don't belong as the constant.

Pretty basic science for non intelligent humans.

Before the eternal being was living it doesn't die as it wasn't breathing and wasn't in creation. Is what eternal type means...not a human.

The reason we know. Living biology in water that owns image causes is when carbonised microbiology we use own as biology are burnt and given back living water.....makes images in the heavens. By water only causes.

Proof we did not belong as a constant as human life in the state a heavens.

Now if you know your body dies. We all see it does. We cry mourn some scream as you know a human is deceased.

A human says I remain with gods heavens as a past tense as I was living and had recorded memory.

Past tense already expressed.

Which disappears otherwise humans billions would be seen all the time wandering around as images.

You don't see it. Rarely is it seen.

You'd then ask I wonder why.

The answer questioned....
if as you own living water now microbiology the past image is defunct...virtually.

Yet did you come from that image...a once living now deceased human?

No.

But you got advised about your own living conditions?

Yes.

Why?

As our brother built a machine that doesn't exist in any law. Put it inside our heavens where natural living life exists and caused life's attack.

As he said if I react I must use water to cool it. Water is living. He isn't allowed to use it says natural law as humans are not machines.

Knowing we aren't machines as he takes all activity by his choice a human. He digs up earth mass to build his humans owned machine....He tried to convince his family human that we are part machine.

Reason a greedy control mind says if I own then I have all power control in human life. The reasoning. He said a human owns why a machine exists isn't I had human sex made a human baby.

His thesis I want heavens reactions a Jesus man baby born to a human woman for my machine and machines reaction.

As machine in science is two paths of two theories in one body.

As he always knew his machines hurt biology as it changed heavens holy living water. Knew. Always knew. He does it anyway as his behaviour says I'll do whatever I want.

He theories a human life was first a cloud mass.

The cloud information says a cloud mass is only a cloud.

Therefore when men falsify I idol my science history.

Jesus wasn't discussed until after all life sacrificed. Was stopped dying. Was allowed to live.

Jesus ended the attack as cloud imaged man. Exact.

There isn't any Jesus before.

The old science review ended as a testimony named Moses.

But the book said lots of names of men. Said it's just an old testimony actually.

If a man wants to claim I was born a human baby as a man. You are only born by human sex.

If you lie about it. You theory to destroy all life on earth.

If a man said babies human DNA microbial living water life had been eradicated.

And only cooling allowed microbiology to re develop. He did. Owning no personal human deity. It was an explanation why humans health changed.

A book held Instructions.

It said don't self idolate. Yet you did.

Human behaviour is a choice only.

Soapy

Those Jesus was speaking to thought He was being blasphemous at John 8:58 and wanted to stone Him.
How Jesus said it, or the words He used (Ego eimi insted of the Aramaic maybe) must have made it plain just what He was saying.

Jesus said "Before Abraham was born, I am." It has nothing to do with how great Jesus, it is at the least about how old He was.

This was answering their statement John 8: 57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”
What has ‘fifty years old’ got to do with 1800 years ago when Abraham was alive?

‘You are not yet fifty years old’ is just saying that Jesus had no right in Jewish order of authority to speak about ancestors. ‘You have not yet reached the age of maturity to speak about such things’.

The Jews were angry because Jesus said that he WAS greater than Abraham. Of course they would be angry: This little whippersnaper not even fifty years old is talking about our great ancestor as though he was the one Abraham proclaimed as the messiah… yeah, really… STONE HIM, he blasphemes against Abraham! (In that sense, Yes!)

But what was the promise that God made to Abraham?

Soapy

No one raised up anyone in regard to Samuel.

The witch of Endor is just that: a spirit conjurer.

Consulting the witch was what really put Saul in the dog house. Saul showed by this act that he didn’t trust in the promise of God - not a way a king appointed by God should act.

In fact, though, this ‘First sins and another is brought up to replace him’ is only one of a great number of such examples:
  1. Saul - first king of Israel, Sins - Replaced by a second, David
  2. Cain, sins… replaced by Seth
  3. Ishmael first son of Abraham sins … replaced by Isaac
  4. Esau first, sins… replaced by Jacob
  5. Rueben sinned, replaced by Joseph
  6. Adam - first man created holy, righteous, sinless, sins - Replaced by a second: a LAST ADAM: Jesus, made in the likeness of the FIRST MAN, Adam: Sinless, Righteous, Holy
The emphasis is that the first born and first love of the Father always sins and is replaced by a second first love who inherits the lions share of the father’s wealth.

The term, ‘Firstborn’ is not to be confused with ‘First born’ (first from the womb of the parent mother).

‘Firstborn’ means, ‘Most beloved by the Father’. And yes, as the first out of the womb the first born is ALSO initially at least, the Firstborn. But we see that things can and do change since when the first born sins he loses the love of the Father and that live is transferred to another, a second, who becomes the new ‘firstborn’.

Last edited:

Soapy

You yourself, even you, say, ‘They thought he was being blasphemous!’

THOUGHT… Thought… thought…!

They thought Jesus was being blasphemous AGAINST ABRAHAM… in saying that he, Jesus, WAS GREATER THAN ABRAHAM!!!

But, just to be sure, What Was The EXPLICIT Question The Jews Asked Jesus?

And What Was Jesus’ EXPLICIT Answer To The Question?

Eigo Eimi just says ‘I am’ just as the man born blind said it too… obviously in Aramaic - which doesn’t sound anything like the Hebrew single word ‘YHWH’!

Imagine if it was blasphemous for anyone to say ‘Eigo Eimi’….!??!!!
The Greek text does not say anything about Jesus being born. That is just injected text that the translators were forced to add into the translation in an attempt to force a trinitarian rendering.

Such deceitful ness just underlines the fact that trinity cannot stand on its own merit from the scriptures but has to be supplemented by falsehoods and deceit…. Jesus warned there would be such things and stated that there would be severe punishment did those who carried out such unscrupulous acts as it literally undermined the truth of God: ‘Grieves the spirit of truth’!
No, no, no! ‘Fifty years old’ was the ‘age of maturity’ for scribes etc. They were pointing out that Jesus was not, in their view, qualified to teach them about Abraham.

What is ‘Fifty Years Old’ in respect of the fact that Abraham died 1800 years earlier?

And what nonsense is it to say, ‘You have SEEN Abraham!’. No, Brian2, it was not about ACTUAL but about FIGURATIVE: ‘What do you know about Abraham?’

Jesus pointed out to them that God promised Abraham that the messiah would come from his, Abraham’s, lineage… and Abraham was, in vision, given a glimpse of that glorious ‘Day of the Lord’…. And was glad!

The coming of the messiah was a prophesy:

• ‘I will send my servant who will surely do my bidding’, says the Lord God: YHWH
  • ‘I will put MY SPIRIT on him, and he shall do justice to the nations’, continued the Lord God:YHWH
And so it was: The Lord God: YHWH put FLESH ON THE BONES OF HIS PROMISE!

Who is the SERVANT anointed with the Spirit of God (the power of God)?

How did being endowed with the power of God enable the servant to fulfil that which God tasked him to do?

What else did God require the servant to do as a sacrifice for the sin of Adam?

What was the reward that the servant received after he fulfilled the task God sent him to do?

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You have been reading too much fallacy ideology.

While it is true that the body ‘dies’ but the Spirit does not die, I can see where you are trying to mislead the debate. The proper definitions would reveal your deceit:
  • ‘Death’ : a removal or separation of the spirit from the body. The body is just a vehicle for the spirit therefore it cannot function without the spirit in it in the same way a robot cannot function without an activating program in it
  • ‘Decay’: A returning of the chemical elements of an entity back to basic or more simplistic matter loosening the binding properties of the entity
  • ‘Sleep’: The Spirit of a person resting in the metaphorical arms of God - inert; dormant; resting
  • ‘Living Soul’: A spirit-enlivened body
  • ‘Soul’: Person or animal (body and spirit together)
A person in a Coma is not ‘dead’; the spirit is still in the body. The person is still a living soul.

A person whose spirit has departed the body is an ‘non-living Soul’.

A ‘Dead person’ is a human term referring to the inability for a living person to communicate with the spirit of the persons whose spirit has departed the body.

DESTROYED: A little used term in these matters. God is the creator, the Father of Spirits… only He can create a spirit - and only He can DESTROY a spirit.

Destruction of a Spirit means that ALL REMEMBRANCE OF THAT SOUL IS GONE! They cannot be brought back to mind… This only happens at the very end of time.

So, No! No one is lacking remembrance until that time but that doesn’t mean that as a ‘dead person’ they are able to communicate or function in any capacity in the physical or the spirit world.
Convoluted nonsense.
There's no such thing as soul sleep.

Soapy

That sounds like what you are describing.
‘Sounds like’?

What do you mean?

What aspect, what degree, what explicitly, which part(s)?

I’m intently interested in your description of a term I’ve never heard before.

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
‘Sounds like’?

What do you mean?

What aspect, what degree, what explicitly, which part(s)?

I’m intently interested in your description of a term I’ve never heard before.
You haven't heard of soul sleep? It's the idea that we don't go to heaven or hell after death but go into a sleep like state until the judgement.

Soapy

You haven't heard of soul sleep? It's the idea that we don't go to heaven or hell after death but go into a sleep like state until the judgement.
No!!! I have never heard of that term before you just mentioned it.

But, is that what you think I was saying …?

No!!! What you are suggestion is a over simplistic match for the description I gave you.

I said that the SPIRIT of a Person goes into a dormant state WITH GOD. Since the spirit of physical entities require a physical in-body presence in order to respond to stimuli from the physical world activities, that spirit cannot be active in the world or in any other situation. Plus, since there is no activation of it in the Spirit realm, there is no activity attached to it there either.

Heaven is the realm of Spirit THAT ARE ACTIVE, and only God and Angelic ones are its occupants.

There us no such place as ‘Hell’ or ‘Sheol’ - such names of terms refer only to a ‘State of being unable to act in the physical world’

It is therefore a dormant spirit (the body counts for nothing!):
  • “The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing.” (John 6:63)
‘Soul Sleep’ gives a weird view of this reality and moreover gives way to an opening for pagan belief.

I have argued many times about people teaching others, especially children, that they, or ‘departed Granny’ or a pet, ‘HAS GONE TO HEAVEN’ and ‘CAN TALK (Communicate) BACK TO THE LIVING’)… also that ‘BAD PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING IN TORMENT IN HELL!’

But Again, since you think that I was alluding to ‘Not going to Heaven or Hell after death’ please let me know what YOU think happens when a person dies!
———————————————

But be it known that I did not say anything about going to heaven or hell when a person dies. And ‘going to heaven’ or ‘going to hell’ is certainly isn’t not anything taught in the Bible about ‘at or after death’.

In the Old Testament, among the Israelites, there was no notion at all of what happened to a person at and after death. There were, of course, many other beliefs among PAGAN AND HEATHEN TRIBES AND NATIONS about the departed Soul which centred around some kind of ‘After Life’ spent in punishment (‘Sheol / Hell’) or in some kind of endless pleasure ‘paradise’. Such beliefs were used to control the behaviour, mainly of fighting persons to discourage (hell) or in courage (paradise) strength and purpose in fighting and purpose for fighting.

We do not have much information about pagan/Heathen beliefs on this matter from the Bible source but the Israelite source from say, David, and Solomon, only barely touches on such similar beliefs. However, the ‘torment’ was only in that the SOUL would not delight in the pleasures of the living world - thus the opposite is touched on: ‘Do not let my soul be in torment in Sheol’, or similar phrase.

It is obvious, then, that this ‘living soul’ cannot be a factual truth since the spirit of a person needs nothing that is in the PHYSICAL world. So why would the spirit of a departed soul be in torment??

King Solomon in his wisdom pointed to the truth (as of those times):
  • “For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.” (Eccl 9:5)
But it is clear that ‘even their name is forgotten’ is not factually true - depending on the exact meaning of ‘forgotten’. We know now that no one is ‘utterly forgotten’ after death… there are writings, memorials, plaques, evidence, etc., that point to their existence before death. Even the patriarchs were remembered and great defeated enemies were depicted in carvings and such like.

But as for torment! Who can claim that their soul is tormented in some kind of ‘dungeon’ after death? Has anyone come back from the dead and claimed what their life in death was like? Absolutely no!!

So, it is as Solomon said: ‘The dead know nothing’!

And why? Well Solomon also wrote:
  • “All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?” So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?“ (Eccl 3:20-22)
  • the dust [the body] returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.” (Ecc 12:7)
Another fact, then, that a Soul (a PERSON) is indeed of two parts: BODY AND SPIRIT.

The body is but a vehicle made of ‘dust of the earth: Chemical elements) which is controlled (animated / enspirited) by the Spirit of the person.

At his creation, the body of Adam was first created and thereafter GOD put a spirit into it - only then did Adam ‘BECOME A LIVING SOUL’. It can thus be concluded that before the spirit was in the body, Adam was NOT A LIVING SOUL but a INERT, UNLIVENED SOUL… always a SOUL but either living (spirit in body) or resting (Spirit awaiting appointment to a body).

We see the same thing in the birth of Jesus: The egg in Mary is equivalent to the body: it is just a material body… it is ANIMATED by the injection of a LIVING ENTITY - the ACTIVE ENSPIRITED SPERM (equivalent to the Spirit). However, in the exact and specific case of Mary, it was not sperm from a human male but like Adam, direct from the Holy Spirit of the Father: YHWH… and thus it is sad by the Angel:
  • “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35)
The one born is thus Holy, pure, righteous, Sinless… unlike that which would be if it had been a human who had ‘overshadowed’ Mary.

And note that it is a FUTURE event that WILL (some translations use the stronger term ‘SHALL’) make the child be called: ‘A Son of God’.

When Jesus was on the point of departing the physical world on the cross, he gave up his spirit TO GOD who gave it to him: all Spirit comes from God: That is why God is FATHER: ‘Father of Spirits’:
  • “YHWH, the God who gives breath to all living things’ (Num 27:16)

Last edited:

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
No!!! I have never heard of that term before you just mentioned it.

But, is that what you think I was saying …?

No!!! What you are suggestion is a over simplistic match for the description I gave you.

I said that the SPIRIT of a Person goes into a dormant state WITH GOD. Since the spirit of physical entities require a physical in-body presence in order to respond to stimuli from the physical world activities, that spirit cannot be active in the world or in any other situation. Plus, since there is no activation of it in the Spirit realm, there is no activity attached to it there either.

Heaven is the realm of Spirit THAT ARE ACTIVE, and only God and Angelic ones are its occupants.

There us no such place as ‘Hell’ or ‘Sheol’ - such names of terms refer only to a ‘State of being unable to act in the physical world’

It is therefore a dormant spirit (the body counts for nothing!):
  • “The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing.” (John 6:63)
‘Soul Sleep’ gives a weird view of this reality and moreover gives way to an opening for pagan belief.

I have argued many times about people teaching others, especially children, that they, or ‘departed Granny’ or a pet, ‘HAS GONE TO HEAVEN’ and ‘CAN TALK (Communicate) BACK TO THE LIVING’)… also that ‘BAD PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING IN TORMENT IN HELL!’

But Again, since you think that I was alluding to ‘Not going to Heaven or Hell after death’ please let me know what YOU think happens when a person dies!
———————————————

But be it known that I did not say anything about going to heaven or hell when a person dies. And ‘going to heaven’ or ‘going to hell’ is certainly isn’t not anything taught in the Bible about ‘at or after death’.

In the Old Testament, among the Israelites, there was no notion at all of what happened to a person at and after death. There were, of course, many other beliefs among PAGAN AND HEATHEN TRIBES AND NATIONS about the departed Soul which centred around some kind of ‘After Life’ spent in punishment (‘Sheol / Hell’) or in some kind of endless pleasure ‘paradise’. Such beliefs were used to control the behaviour, mainly of fighting persons to discourage (hell) or in courage (paradise) strength and purpose in fighting and purpose for fighting.

We do not have much information about pagan/Heathen beliefs on this matter from the Bible source but the Israelite source from say, David, and Solomon, only barely touches on such similar beliefs. However, the ‘torment’ was only in that the SOUL would not delight in the pleasures of the living world - thus the opposite is touched on: ‘Do not let my soul be in torment in Sheol’, or similar phrase.

It is obvious, then, that this ‘living soul’ cannot be a factual truth since the spirit of a person needs nothing that is in the PHYSICAL world. So why would the spirit of a departed soul be in torment??

King Solomon in his wisdom pointed to the truth (as of those times):
  • “For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.” (Eccl 9:5)
But it is clear that ‘even their name is forgotten’ is not factually true - depending on the exact meaning of ‘forgotten’. We know now that no one is ‘utterly forgotten’ after death… there are writings, memorials, plaques, evidence, etc., that point to their existence before death. Even the patriarchs were remembered and great defeated enemies were depicted in carvings and such like.

But as for torment! Who can claim that their soul is tormented in some kind of ‘dungeon’ after death? Has anyone come back from the dead and claimed what their life in death was like? Absolutely no!!

So, it is as Solomon said: ‘The dead know nothing’!

And why? Well Solomon also wrote:
  • “All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?” So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?“ (Eccl 3:20-22)
  • the dust [the body] returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.” (Ecc 12:7)
Another fact, then, that a Soul (a PERSON) is indeed of two parts: BODY AND SPIRIT.

The body is but a vehicle made of ‘dust of the earth: Chemical elements) which is controlled (animated / enspirited) by the Spirit of the person.

At his creation, the body of Adam was first created and thereafter GOD put a spirit into it - only then did Adam ‘BECOME A LIVING SOUL’. It can thus be concluded that before the spirit was in the body, Adam was NOT A LIVING SOUL but a INERT, UNLIVENED SOUL… always a SOUL but either living (spirit in body) or resting (Spirit awaiting appointment to a body).

We see the same thing in the birth of Jesus: The egg in Mary is equivalent to the body: it is just a material body… it is ANIMATED by the injection of a LIVING ENTITY - the ACTIVE ENSPIRITED SPERM (equivalent to the Spirit). However, in the exact and specific case of Mary, it was not sperm from a human male but like Adam, direct from the Holy Spirit of the Father: YHWH… and thus it is sad by the Angel:
  • “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35)
The one born is thus Holy, pure, righteous, Sinless… unlike that which would be if it had been a human who had ‘overshadowed’ Mary.

And note that it is a FUTURE event that WILL (some translations use the stronger term ‘SHALL’) make the child be called: ‘A Son of God’.

When Jesus was on the point of departing the physical world on the cross, he gave up his spirit TO GOD who gave it to him: all Spirit comes from God: That is why God is FATHER: ‘Father of Spirits’:
  • “YHWH, the God who gives breath to all living things’ (Num 27:16)
King Solomon was wise, but not all knowing. Jesus confirmed the reality of hades and paradise when he talked about the rich man and Lazarus.

Soapy

King Solomon was wise, but not all knowing. Jesus confirmed the reality of hades and paradise when he talked about the rich man and Lazarus.
The story of Lazarus, the rich man, and the poor man, is a metaphorical story meant to illustrate that no one should believe anything that is claimed to have come from the dead!

You really think a dead person requires water to cool their lips?

You think the dead are concerned with the living… concerned with the FREE living while they are being TORTURED?

You are not really thinking things through, are you? But then again why would you want to, since you already know that you are in grave error in what you are doing and saying!