• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When a country punishes its citizens differently based on race/religion!

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
You're shifting the goalposts again here. The irreligious are a minority at less than 1% in Greece. Regardless of whether there'd be a disinclination by the populace to elect individuals of certain religions, a law explicitly enshrining that discrimination is unjustified.

As for the Vatican - I don't think you know what the Vatican is, exactly. It isn't a country in the usual use of the term. It's a sovereign state only for the purposes of the impartiality of the Roman Catholic Church, so it isn't beholden to a particular government. It has no 'civilian' population. Almost all citizens are either members of clergy (i.e. priests, bishops, etc) or members of the Swiss Guard. Citizenship is granted only to those who are working in some specific role for the Vatican. It is rescinded when that role is over. The Vatican can't be fairly compared to countries in the normal use of the term.
I mean the Westerners could deal with Athiest , more than other religions .

I posted the exemple of Vatican to just understand my point , thanks for this new information about Vatican , that's very interesting !!

Do you want to say Vatican is country without population ?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't get you question .

do you mean is the vatican is representative to Muslim countries or to whole the world ?
Of any country that does not aim to be a dictatorship.

Edited to add: the Vatican is not representative of most dictatorships either, of course. But it has such an unusual power structure that it is dangerous to extrapolate from it towards any other country.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

I posted the exemple of Vatican to just understand my point , thanks for this new information about Vatican , that's very interesting !!

Why should it even matter whether any given president or prime minister is an atheist?

Kirran

Premium Member

'Deal with' - many Westerners don't care what religion you are, as long as you stand for their values as a politician. So what what prejudices people have anyway - please answer how an explicit discrimination in law is justified.

Without population, hmm. Practically, one can say so. It isn't a country with a nationality and a culture etc, just people who work there are sometimes their families.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
'Deal with' - many Westerners don't care what religion you are, as long as you stand for their values as a politician. So what what prejudices people have anyway - please answer how an explicit discrimination in law is justified.

Without population, hmm. Practically, one can say so. It isn't a country with a nationality and a culture etc, just people who work there are sometimes their families.
How is that possible since many Americans care about Obama religion ?

I would like maybe to ask the Westerns here, if they accept/reject a Muslim as president in new thread :)

Which force him respond to that.

I imagine that Trump will commit suicide if a Muslim become the president of US :D

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Why should it even matter whether any given president or prime minister is an atheist?
that's the point , btw what you think about other religion , does the Westerners accept (Jew or Muslim or Hindu...etc ) as president , what you think ?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
that's the point , btw what you think about other religion , does the Westerners accept (Jew or Muslim or Hindu...etc ) as president , what you think ?

I don't claim to understand what makes a politician acceptable by the majority vote. But I would hope and expect that being a member of a minority religion, or of no religion, would not be a reason to object.

The only exceptions that come to mind would be Muslims, although I assume most people are not quite as wary of Islam as I am. And Bahais, for similar reasons, but I doubt most people even know how similar to Islam the Bahai Faith is.

Kirran

Premium Member
Godobeyer said:
How is that possible since many Americans care about Obama religion ?

I would like maybe to ask the Westerns here, if they accept/reject a Muslim as president in new thread :)

Which force him respond to that.

I imagine that Trump will commit suicide if a Muslim become the president of US :D

Westerners are not homogenous Godobeywr. They vary a lot between and within countries.

I personally would vote for a Muslim, if i agreed with their stances. I think that the British people could elect a Muslim as Prime Minister, although I doubt the Americans could.

Please stop avoiding this question - why does prejudice within a society justify explicit legal discrimination?

EDIT: Also, an English tip :) It's 'Westerners', not 'Westerns'. We talk of Western culture, Western countries and Western people, but used in this way it's Westerner.

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
A stat: 75% of Israeli Arabs stated that Israel has a right to exist as an independent state, and 48% that they could support its existence as a democratic, Jewish state.

Kirran

Premium Member
I am here now ,what do you want to discuss?

Just the question from before - "why does prejudice within a society [I.e. the society being anti-non-Muslim enough to not want a non-Muslim leader] justify explicit legal discrimination[I.e. a law saying a non-Muslim cannot lead the country]?" :D

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Just the question from before - "why does prejudice within a society [I.e. the society being anti-non-Muslim enough to not want a non-Muslim leader] justify explicit legal discrimination[I.e. a law saying a non-Muslim cannot lead the country]?" :D
Ah My thoughts were wrong about this issue , that's what's I was discovered from my thread :)