• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your Japanese subculture?

Booko

Deviled Hen
You Are a Henna Gaijin!

hennagaijin.jpg

You're not Japanese, but you wish you were!
You can use chopsticks with your eyes closed, and you've memorized hundreds of Kanji.
You even answer your phone "moshi moshi."
While the number of anime videos you've seen is way higher than the number of dates you've been on, there's hope.
Play the sexy, mysterous gaijin, and you'll have plenty of Japanese meat.

What's Your Japanese Subculture?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyourjapanesesubculturequiz/

OK, this is really scary, because I actually have been known to answer the phone "moshi moshi."

But only when my son's friends are calling. ;)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
You Are an Officelady!
officelady.jpg
It all seemed so blissful at first.
Wear cute little suits, meet friends with matching suits, get a small salary.
Well, you're going to be making copies for the rest of your life, and a good raise is not in your future.
And forget about marrying out of this glass cieling! What?
So you can make coffee at home and wash your husband's underwear? Gross!

Hehee, I like yours better, Booko!

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
I didn't bother with the quiz because I was totally submersed in Japanese culture for four years when I was a kid (1965-1969).

I can prepare fresh norimaki well enough, and I've been drinking green tea long before it became fashionable or trendy.

FFH

Veteran Member
I didn't bother with the quiz because I was totally submersed in Japanese culture for four years when I was a kid (1965-1969).

I can prepare fresh norimaki well enough,
Cool...I wish I could've spent more time there... I love that place....

Booko what kind of experienc have you had with the Japanese culture?

I'm a Sarariiman (said with a thick Japanese accent)

You Are a Sarariiman!
sarariiman.jpg

Or "salaryman." Whatever. Treadmill off, treadmill on.
Most of the sleep you get is on Tokyo's extensive subway system, since you are putting in 14 hour days.
You're a workaholic who works hard for no overtime. And vacations? Forget about it.
You spend most of your trip hunting around for gifts to bring back all of your coworkers.

I checked the statement that said I would be found hanging out in Shibuya, Tokyo...

I loved that place...We would go there on our days off as missionaries...Shinjuku was another hot spot in Tokyo...

When I was in Japan or had just returned, I can't remember, there was a stir about a Japanese business man who died on the subway after working 7 days a week for an extended amount of time...I tried working 7 days and about 70 hours a week for about a month...and it just about killed me....I'll never do that again...

The body needs a day off every 7 days, just as God has commanded... I always take Sundays off no matter what, even if the boss or the owners threaten to me, which they never do, in fact the opposite happens and they just keep giving me more and more hours/projects/work, more than I can handle....;)

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
You Are a Henna Gaijin!

hennagaijin.jpg

You can use chopsticks with your eyes closed, and you've memorized hundreds of Kanji.
While the number of anime videos you've seen is way higher than the number of dates you've been on, there's hope.

Riiiiight...lol The only anime I'm really a die-hard fan of (from what I've sampled) is Sailor Moon, I've never mastered chopsticks, and I've never bothered to learn Kanji. :p

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
You Are a Kogyaru!
kogyaru.jpg

If it's cute, you'll wear it. Fake and bake, hair bleach, and bright makeup line your bathroom cabinet.
As for clothes - anything that's short and cute ("kawaii!").
You are the prize object of all sorts of men - but you are really looking for a rich foreign guy.
He'll find you out hanging out in Shibuya shopping at the 109, text messaging and sending photos over your cellphone.

Wow....ok....

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
You Are a Schoolgirl!
You're not quite as wild as a "kogyaru", but with your short plaid skirt
and silly white socks, you're still a sexual fetish object.
You can usually be seen hanging out in the girly section of the video game places,
collecting photobooth stickers of you and your friends. You may not be as innocent as you look.
Did those vending machine panties once belong to you?

Bishka

Veteran Member
You Are a Henna Gaijin!

hennagaijin.jpg

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Jeez...

You Are a Kogyaru!

kogyaru.jpg

If it's cute, you'll wear it. Fake and bake, hair bleach, and bright makeup line your bathroom cabinet.
You are the prize object of all sorts of men - but you are really looking for a rich foreign guy.
He'll find you out hanging out in Shibuya shopping at the 109, text messaging and sending photos over your cellphone.

Booko

Deviled Hen
s2a said:

I can prepare fresh norimaki well enough, and I've been drinking green tea long before it became fashionable or trendy.

I don't suppose you have a good tempura batter recipe? <hopeful look>

Booko

Deviled Hen
FFH said:
Booko what kind of experienc have you had with the Japanese culture?

I went through grade school and college with a guy named Akiyoshi, mostly.

Well, that and whatever tidbits my anime freak kids bring home now and again. :rolleyes:

I've never been to Japan. I love the food (and it's the only Asian food I can still eat.)

When I was in Japan or had just returned, I can't remember, there was a stir about a Japanese business man who died on the subway after working 7 days a week for an extended amount of time...I tried working 7 days and about 70 hours a week for about a month...and it just about killed me....I'll never do that again...

Yeah, I worked a month of 80 hour weeks while I was pregnant, no less. Oh...yeah...that was...fun. :sarcastic

I ended up with back problems that it took a few years and a lot of money (not paid for by insurance) to fix.

Nope, it isn't worth it.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Tigress said:
Riiiiight...lol The only anime I'm really a die-hard fan of (from what I've sampled) is Sailor Moon, I've never mastered chopsticks, and I've never bothered to learn Kanji. :p

I am personally in love with Cloud. :hearts:

1152178041.jpg

And I don't even like blonds. Go figure...

I've been using chopsticks (with eyes closed or open) since I was about 10. We were at a Chinese restaurant and I read the instructions on the paper cover. :D Honestly, I can't eat Asian food with a fork, not even at home. It's just too freakin' weird.

My son hangs with all the Asian kids at school (Vietnamese, Korean and Indian) and so they declared him an "honorary Asian." It was only then that he decided he had to learn how to use chopsticks like the rest of us. Since then he's learned kanji and some Japanese and would really love to live in Japan. His first choice college has a foreign study in Japan. I think he'd do well with that.

My son's interests have kinda rubbed off on me.

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
Oh yeah...Cloud...a friend used to have a huge crush on him. I guess he's pretty good looking...but I prefer Squall. :p

You Are a Henna Gaijin!

hennagaijin.jpg

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Booko said:
I don't suppose you have a good tempura batter recipe? <hopeful look>

Not my specialty (none that surpasses any recipe available on the FoodNetwork.com site).

I have indulged considerable practice in fashioning fresh (and authentic) sushi, nori, and (fried) onigiri.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
That was the weirdest quiz yet! :confused:

You Are a Henna Gaijin!

hennagaijin.jpg

You Are a Goth!

goth.jpg

You're so gothically outrageous, and you aren't afraid to flaunt it.
Whether you dress up like Robert Smith or a tragic Little Bo Peep,
chances are that you'll be parading around with the rest of the goths at Yoyogi Park on Sunday.
Don't forget your white makeup and blue lipstick! Who knows?
You may just get picked up by one of the seedy photographers.

Not actually a goth but closest answers :p

ladyhawke

You Are a Kogyaru!

kogyaru.jpg

i'm still laughing at this one...