• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your favorite War Movie?

Draka

Wonder Woman
I think my absolute favorite "war movie" would have to be Courage Under Fire with Meg Ryan and Denzel Washington. Yes, it's more of an investigation into a war occurance...but still excellent.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm probably being unnecessarily restrictive about the genre, but....

I have to go with Saving Private Ryan.

EDIT: Red Dawn comes in a distant second.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Grave of the Fireflies is the best (Japanese) animated movie set in a historical war time period (imo).
Took my answer....!
It's the best anti-war film ever, whetehr Japanese or non-animated. Amazing film. Tora Tora Tora is in my top ten list too.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oh - and I haven't seen Passchendaele yet, but I think it looks like a good film.
Update: I saw Passchendaele. It was pretty good. Kinda heavy on the Paul-Gross-as-charming-hero stuff, but still a good war movie that, unlike most war movies, tried (and IMO succeeded) at showing things both on the battlefield and on the home front.