• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your favorite mild oath or invocation?

Smoke

Done here.
What's your favorite mild oath, or one you heard that you can't get out of your head? Not asking for anything that will tax the automatic censor, mind you.

My grandmother and great-grandmother both used to say, "Ye gods!" and so I do, too.

I knew an Irishman whose favorite exclamation was "Jesus Christ from Galway!" I think that's my favorite.

I always liked one found in Cheaper By the Dozen, too: "God's teeth!"

SoyLeche

meh...
I said "freaking" enough in Peru that it is now a Spanish word to me :) (for the record, it wasn't just me - a lot of the missionaries in my mission picked it up, including the Peruvians)

Nanda

Polyanna
Gaddangit! (My friend from Alabama got me saying that one. It amuses me 'cause I'm a yankee.)

Booko

Deviled Hen
Oy vey and begorrah!

Zut alors!

Dog danglers!

Fudge!

Rats!

Sugar!

Consarn it, I've been hornswoggled!

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
At some point I started saying "Christ on a cracker!"

This probably won't make sense to anyone else, but I also say "speeze on a stick".

Booko

Deviled Hen
At some point I started saying "Christ on a cracker!"

Ah...reminds me of "Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ"! I uh...try to stay away from that one.

This probably won't make sense to anyone else, but I also say "speeze on a stick".

Reminds me of something else on a stick. ;)

I use a few choice foreign terms not generally understood in my area as well. I don't suppose I should type those, since they aren't exactly "mild."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Most of mine will set off the censor.

Two of them me my co workers used at my last job, because we could actually be fired for swearing on the job (even though this was a job as a repo man, not customer service), was 'Bob Saget' and 'Tuba.' Allthough both words imply the same meaning as the words they replace, thus making them swear words, they worked.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Lately when ever something crappy happens( like the saw blade braking at work), I say "By the Gods" Don't know why though.

Isabella Lecour

"I wish you a year of popped tires!"

Oh...yea wrong kind of invocation. So it would be Bloody Hell and that's as mild as I get. Anything else is usualy a sentence long.

Booko

Deviled Hen
My daughter's history class in 8th grade made "evolution" into a swear word as a joke, and...it stuck.

Her favorite curse: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your nether region.

This is typically shortened to just "May the fleas"

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Ðanisty;941776 said:
My friend JD says "oh my higher being" and I've sort of picked up on that lately.

Similarly, in order to be more politically correct my husband and I don't really say "Bless you" anymore when someone sneezes. We say "may the Deity of your choosing cast felicitations in your general direction"

It's a mouthful, yes, but it's totally worth it just to see that deer in a headlights look on peoples faces. :D