• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
If it can't make decisions why are brexiteers complaining about them?
I can't imagine why you think the EU has powered the Far Right In the main Brexiteers tend to the right.

Thats exactly why, a "have your opinion" council meeting went like this, the communist party of blah blah rejects resolution 15 sub section b17 on account of "sorry you've run out of time", next, the Conservative party of blah blah rejects the directive to stop moving the eu government from Brussels to strasbourg on the grounds its worth every litre of wasted fuel, mr speaker "you haveytime to expand if you wish" what utter bollocks it is.
The far right gets its fuel from immigration, Austria germany France the UK Poland holandH to just name a few, this is well known and publicised and caused by a poorly run farked up federal wet dream.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Do you have any hard evidence that these "unknowns" are statistically more dangerous than naturalized citizens or regular immigrants?

No because nobody knows who came in or their history, do you?

Your point?

Is obvious

So the rights of everyone don't matter as long as the rights of the people you want protected are protected?

They do but you cant fix an estate when your own house needs work.

So you remember what Britain was like before the EU and what that lead to?

I do actually, i remember decimalisation toot, we even got screwed on that.

The EU cannot be blamed for the general ignorance of people.

Not for the people but for feeding them yes

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Thats exactly why, a "have your opinion" council meeting went like this, the communist party of blah blah rejects resolution 15 sub section b17 on account of "sorry you've run out of time", next, the Conservative party of blah blah rejects the directive to stop moving the eu government from Brussels to strasbourg on the grounds its worth every litre of wasted fuel, mr speaker "you haveytime to expand if you wish" what utter bollocks it is.
The far right gets its fuel from immigration, Austria germany France the UK Poland holandH to just name a few, this is well known and publicised and caused by a poorly run farked up federal wet dream.

All government systems rely on good will to function. The brexiteers have shown little good will towards europe, especially those on the right.
We have not considered nor treated the other countries as equals, why would they treat us any better now.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
All government systems rely on good will to function. The brexiteers have shown little good will towards europe, especially those on the right.
We have not considered nor treated the other countries as equals, why would they treat us any better now.

I will counter that with do all members contribute the same?, easy answer.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Compared to their GDPs and populations they do.

UKs problem has always been a half-hearted engagement with the EU. We could have contributed so much more be we chose to be reactive rather than proactive.

In some ways I agree, we have never been totally in, any chance for us to feel benefit was the booze cruise, everything else is taxed,the eu isn't a level playing ground for us but for many of its members a bonus, its just been badly managed and has no corec

Altfish

Veteran Member
In some ways I agree, we have never been totally in, any chance for us to feel benefit was the booze cruise, everything else is taxed,the eu isn't a level playing ground for us but for many of its members a bonus, its just been badly managed and has no corec
We'll see, we are heading out. Then we will see what the benefits or penalties were.

There had better be plenty of benefits too, because otherwise we will have 48% + many none voters very, very angry.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I don't think Boris, Rees Mogg and their mates understand that. They promised the earth to win the vote and are back peddling daily.

Boris like Cameron is a coward, talkstthe talk but doesn't walk the walk, it could and should have been dealt with so much betterb

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Im in nz atm and using an androida
No, he has realised the mess his political dogma is going to put the country in. Now, he's trying to back-peddle because he realises his career is over.

His career was over when he spurned the chance to be leader, no guts no glory

Altfish

Veteran Member
Im in nz atm and using an androida

His career was over when he spurned the chance to be leader, no guts no glory
This is the problem, we have yesterday's men (and women) negotiating on behalf of the 52% (Who also are predominantly yesterday's men and women) a deal that nobody knows what it'll be.
Totally shambolic, BUT totally predictable

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
This is the problem, we have yesterday's men (and women) negotiating on behalf of the 52% (Who also are predominantly yesterday's men and women) a deal that nobody knows what it'll be.
Totally shambolic, BUT totally predictable

So have no right to vote?, this is an odious gripe with remainers, shameful really.

LionLooking

So have no right to vote?, this is an odious gripe with remainers, shameful really.
We've been here before.
Of course the older generation has a right to vote. In practise this means that the younger generation will have to undo the mess their parents and grandparents created for them.
But that's democracy in action.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
We've been here before.
Of course the older generation has a right to vote. In practise this means that the younger generation will have to undo the mess their parents and grandparents created for them.
But that's democracy in action.

Yes it is and been this way before but its been mentioned far more in brexit than ever.