• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It doesn't matter how far,an inch,ten miles,whatever it is it's ours and we are an independent coastal state so they must ask each year how much they're allowed.

This whole negotiation is about the EU imposing itself on the UK and macron wanting to punish us,let the eat hake,just not ours without our say so.

So does the same apply for Rogan josh without India's say so? Etc.

You want a deal you got to learn to share, it of course works both ways but i suppose eu bending over backwards to help prevent you slipping into 3rd world status is not mentioned much on your side of the channel

ChristineM

Premium Member
Cameron said "leave means leave",fishing quotas are not the point, sovereignty is the point and we cannot let the EU impose itself of us.

Roflmao.

The UK always had its sovereignty and the eu never imposed itself on anyone. All decisions were made by vote of member nations and the UK had veto. Why blame the EU for your own MEPs? Why blame the EU for british acceptance of common measures?

Oh, right...

Flankerl

Little Englander: We are not sovereign from the EU! We need Brexit to be independent!

British Parliament: British Prime Minister triggers the article to leave the EU and the British Parliament votes on leaving the EU with the EU having not a single say in the matter

Little Englanders brain:

ChristineM

Premium Member
Little Englander: We are not sovereign from the EU! We need Brexit to be independent!

British Parliament: British Prime Minister triggers the article to leave the EU and the British Parliament votes on leaving the EU with the EU having not a single say in the matter

Little Englanders brain:

I would laugh if you weren't so serious

Altfish

Veteran Member
Let us just remind ourselves of the state of play ...

Leavers:
  • Won the referendum
  • Won the subsequent election
  • Led the negotiations
  • Chose the PM
  • Are 100% of the cabinet
  • Won another election
  • Wrote the Withdrawal Agreement
  • Led more negotiations

And now say its all Remainers' fault.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I just saw Boris The Animal give his speech, saying that a no-deal brexit has now become very likely and UK businesses should prepare for it.

I couldn't help but notice he had a permanent, badly hidden, smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye.
As if he was completely pleased with this outcome and exactly what he wanted all along.

Class A liar.
He makes up for a good mini-Trump.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Cameron said "leave means leave",fishing quotas are not the point, sovereignty is the point and we cannot let the EU impose itself of us.

This is just silly. Every single trade deal involves some loss of sovereignty in the sense that it will come with obligations that the government subsequently has to follow (or back out of the deal). Total sovereignty is impossible if you want to do business in the world. WTO rules have to be followed even if you have no deals with anybody.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I just saw Boris The Animal give his speech, saying that a no-deal brexit has now become very likely and UK businesses should prepare for it.
Boris is an excellent leader. A dreamy man. I would have married him if I had had the chance.
Calling him names won't change reality.;)

Reality is that the EU has failed. Because of its selfish institutions.

And Brexit is a miracle.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Boris is an excellent leader. A dreamy man. I would have married him if I had had the chance.

And Brexit is a miracle.

Keep telling yourself that. Let's talk again in Q2 2021 when the Uk is low on medicine, poverty at an all time high, food prices through the roof, etc.

Boris is a corrupt pawn of a few "elite" people who will gain lots of money from a no-deal brexit and a proven liar, much like his delusional hero from across the Atlantic.
An "excellent leader".... please.

Altfish

Veteran Member

And Brexit is a miracle.
Johnson will be sacked by his own party before next year's Party Conference. He is being left alone to lie, cheat, etc. to Get Brexit Done and then to take the blame for it.

When you say "The EU has failed" that roughly translates to, "They have stuck together for the best deal for their members"

Flankerl

WTO rules have to be followed even if you have no deals with anybody.

The best part about the WTO is that all members of the WTO can decide whether a countries trading schedule is okay or not.
The little Englanders felt threatened by 27 EU countries having a say in their trade and instead chose that 163 countries (including the 27 EU countries) should have a say in their trade.

Brexit is so smart.

Altfish

Veteran Member
"1632 days since referendum
1354 since Article 50 triggered
3 Prime Ministers
3 Parliaments
18 Parliamentary votes
£200bn cost
857 megatons of Brexit bull****
0 benefits

And we still don't yet know what Brexit really means."

Altfish

Veteran Member
Even The Sun is scraping the barrel now

One of the top ten tips is BUY A MORE POWERFUL VACUUM CLEANER - my grief, it has really come to that...

EpHSj4PWEAIV79M