• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whats your beef with brexit?

Altfish

Veteran Member
This will finally convince the Kanzlerin that she has lost the battle. It's over. We have won

MEPs from the UK prepare to leave the European Parliament
It is a sad indictment of our times when political events are down to "We've won" - we shall see how the UK is doing in 2, 5, 10 years time. Then you may asses who the winners are.
But since by your reckoning 48% and growing of the UK is a loser, hardly a time to rejoice

Altfish

Veteran Member
What motor trade are you referring to?

Any motor trade that we lose will only represent a tiny percentage of the whole, you know.

The motor trade is a combo of production, transport, sales, service, repairs, breakdown, insurance, and more. Give it time and we'll be producing vehicles again.
So Nissan in Sunderland and Toyota in Derby closing would not be significant ?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It is a sad indictment of our times when political events are down to "We've won" - we shall see how the UK is doing in 2, 5, 10 years time. Then you may asses who the winners are.
But since by your reckoning 48% and growing of the UK is a loser, hardly a time to rejoice

Again...I think what Remainers do is turning the victim into the perpetrator and vice versa.

We would have never reached this point, hadn't he EU decided to go that far. With its destructive machine towards the European Nation state

Altfish

Veteran Member
Again...I think what Remainers do is turning the victim into the perpetrator and vice versa.

We would have never reached this point, hadn't he EU decided to go that far. With its destructive machine towards the European Nation state
You are so decisive. Once again blaming Remainers.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So Nissan in Sunderland and Toyota in Derby closing would not be significant ?
How many players in the whole motor trade?
How many employees in Toyota and Nissan?

Or did you want us to chuck Brexit for those jobs? Is this your pitch?

Altfish

Veteran Member
How many players in the whole motor trade?
How many employees in Toyota and Nissan?

Or did you want us to chuck Brexit for those jobs? Is this your pitch?
No pitch at all. But Brexit was sold as roses and golden unicorns.
You are making your argument on my use of the word 'Trade' it was wrong. I should have used 'Manufacturers'
There'll always be garages selling and mending foreign cars.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You are making your argument on my use of the word 'Trade' it was wrong. I should have used 'Manufacturers'

I am always sad to hear that towns and cities have been plunged in to financial difficulty through closing businesses.

I remember the closing of the mines back in the 80's. Whole districts around here were disrupted, and it has taken 30-40 years for these to recover.

But for you to tell us about Nissan and Toyota closures and to whine that we were promised roses is just political rhetoric imo, and I don't think you'll be looking too hard for any benefits from Brexit, somehow.

However, since you have told us about all these closures, please to tell us how many workers are directly employed in Britain by the manufacturing premises at Toyota and Nissan. Let's see the damage.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Two minutes on the internet crushes your agenda fueled rhetoric, Altfish.

Google tells me that:- More than 30 manufacturers build over 70 models of vehicle in the UK, employing 186,000 people directly and more than 800,000 across the wider manufacturing industry.

.... so your 250 Nissan and 3800 Toyota jobs are a drop in the auto-ocean, really.

A government that's even thinking of moving trhe House of Lords up North does seem fairly serious about increasaing business up there as well.

Your chosen word, not mine.
At the moment the UK car market is very very seriously reduced with sales reducing by the year, as prospective buyers worry about future legislation to remove IC cars off the road, so I can't be focused upon a couple of factories.

If you want to increase vehicle production ion Britain, then stop the anti-Brexit agenda and start calling out for Insurers to offer fairer premiums to drivers of E-Cars, because at the moment there is a very heavy loading upon them. Now that could help to increase jobs...... See? Positive thinking is for Brexit, not negativity.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I am always sad to hear that towns and cities have been plunged in to financial difficulty through closing businesses.

I remember the closing of the mines back in the 80's. Whole districts around here were disrupted, and it has taken 30-40 years for these to recover.

But for you to tell us about Nissan and Toyota closures and to whine that we were promised roses is just political rhetoric imo, and I don't think you'll be looking too hard for any benefits from Brexit, somehow.

However, since you have told us about all these closures, please to tell us how many workers are directly employed in Britain by the manufacturing premises at Toyota and Nissan. Let's see the damage.
On the contrary, I am looking forward to the promised benefits...

Remind me, what were they?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Two minutes on the internet crushes your agenda fueled rhetoric, Altfish.

Google tells me that:- More than 30 manufacturers build over 70 models of vehicle in the UK, employing 186,000 people directly and more than 800,000 across the wider manufacturing industry.

.... so your 250 Nissan and 3800 Toyota jobs are a drop in the auto-ocean, really.

A government that's even thinking of moving trhe House of Lords up North does seem fairly serious about increasaing business up there as well.

Your chosen word, not mine.
At the moment the UK car market is very very seriously reduced with sales reducing by the year, as prospective buyers worry about future legislation to remove IC cars off the road, so I can't be focused upon a couple of factories.

If you want to increase vehicle production ion Britain, then stop the anti-Brexit agenda and start calling out for Insurers to offer fairer premiums to drivers of E-Cars, because at the moment there is a very heavy loading upon them. Now that could help to increase jobs...... See? Positive thinking is for Brexit, not negativity.
Nissan and Toyota were examples - I never even mentiones Honda that has already gone since the Referendum.

House of Lords moving north - that Johnson speak aka lying.

All you are asking me to do can be done without Brexit.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Does it? Link?
EOyix1tWkAAIcOG.jpeg.jpg