• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's Wrong With This Picture?

Axe Elf

Prophet
46332037_1789473111181677_5686723672715296768_n.jpg

46473856_1789472857848369_1161217869594230784_n.jpg

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Making race an issue again, I see. If we really cared about fighting racism, we actually wouldn't care about race.

Like, at all.

So it wouldn't matter if your party were full of white people, mixed, black, Asian, cyberman, it wouldn't be an issue.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Making race an issue again, I see. If we really cared about fighting racism, we actually wouldn't care about race.

Like, at all.
Unfortunately sweet lady, colour-blindness is no longer acceptable.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Unfortunately sweet lady, colour-blindness is no longer acceptable.
I have never understood it.

You can't force diversity in schools, parties, etc. The dominoes fall how they do. These things are random.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Race? Since when is having a penis a race?
I was on about the way that it's also depicted as though the Dems have more diversity as well. I thought it deserved comment, since people like to go and on about it 24/7, especially now.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Random?

I do not think that word means what you think it means...
I know exactly what it means. The race of a person entering a given institution is random, unless said institution has a policy to include a member of each race, in which case it is a quota.

Axe Elf

Prophet

Like, at all.

So it wouldn't matter if your party were full of white people, mixed, black, Asian, cyberman, it wouldn't be an issue.

It should be noted that without any prompting or context regarding race, you were the first one to determine that race was the point of this pictorial representation.

Shad

Veteran Member
I have never understood it.

You can't force diversity in schools, parties, etc. The dominoes fall how they do. These things are random.

Schools can force diversity by its application process. Ergo Harvard is being sued for that very policy. Parties which have control over their party like the DNC can due to leadership and superdelegates. It is happening all the time behind closed doors.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, good. Then you know that if the racial composition of both groups was random, the racial composition of both groups would be roughly equal.
Uh, no. This is NOT how it works. Did you not read the rest of my post? It's based upon who decides to enter a given party. People don't decide in equal measure to join a given party. If more white than black people choose to enter a party, then that's randomised.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Schools can force diversity by its application process. Ergo Harvard is being sued for that very policy. Parties which have control over their party like the DNC can due to leadership and superdelegates. It is happening all the time behind closed doors.
Yes, they do this. That's a form of racism, since it limits the numbers of students from a given race who can enter, and incidentally works on this as well as, or at the expense of, actual ability. For shame.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Uh, no. This is NOT how it works. Did you not read the rest of my post? It's based upon who decides to enter a given party. People don't decide in equal measure to join a given party. If more white than black people choose to enter a party, then that's randomised.

If people are DECIDING which party to enter, then it is not random. Random would be counting off "1-2-1-2" and all the Ones are Democrats and all the Twos are Republicans.

If more white males choose to enter one party than another, then there's a reason for that--it's not random--and it's basically where the problem lies to begin with.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
If people are DECIDING which party to enter, then it is not random. Random would be counting off "1-2-1-2" and all the Ones are Democrats and all the Twos are Republicans.

If more white males choose to enter one party than another, then there's a reason for that--it's not random--and it's basically where the problem lies to begin with.
How is that a problem? You can't force people of a certain skin colour to enter a certain party. That's what I mean by this is random.

Axe Elf

Prophet
How is that a problem? You can't force people of a certain skin colour to enter a certain party. That's what I mean by this is random.

And that's what I meant when I said that you didn't understand the concept of randomness.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree. If we really cared about fighting child sexual abuse, we actually wouldn't care about children.

Makes perfect sense.
not-available.gif
silly-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

not-available.gif
Except actual abuse happens when we ignore children.

No abuse happens by letting people of different races make their own career choices, instead of forcing them into them to fulfil a quota.

This is just not the same.