• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's up?

justsomecultist

So I'm new to the forums here. Figure I should introduce myself.

My beliefs: I'm into Chaos Magic. I've read Phil Hine, Peter Carroll, Austin Spare, and Frater U.D. I do a bit of work with sigils and in general my practice is pretty eclectic and mutable.

Before Chaos Magic, I was a lot of things. I had a hard break with christianity in my early teens and spent some time as a capital-a atheist (the a stands for *******). Wound up becoming one of those "spiritual, but not religious" types and spent a few years trying to find my path so to speak. I studied Wicca, Satanism (both LaVeyan and non-LaVeyan), Buddhism, and several other faiths. Eventually I gave up trying to label myself or fit into a religious mold and decided to just practice how I wanted. That's why I now identify with Chaos Magic, because nothing I do is set in stone.

My other interests: I'm an amateur musician when I find the time, and I like a lot of different kinds of music, most of which gets zero radio play. I fish a lot and like to eat what I catch. I paint a little, DM a 5E game once in a whole, and I enjoy good food and good beer.

justsomecultist

Are you on the Chaos path of IoT or have you created your own

Mostly I do my own thing. I use Carroll's writings pretty frequently though, especially Liber Null. I've thought about joining a pagan meetup group or UU church or something for when I feel like practicing in/with a group, but I don't have a ton of free time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Today we're having a magical food in the RF cafeteria.
Join us for.....
tumblr_meb4bkRYsR1qc4bqio1_500.gif

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Welcome to RF! You'll find that quite a few of us here are students and practitioners of the Magickal Arts. I am also a musician, guitar and piano/keyboard.

You might want to check out the Magic DIR and Left Hand Path Religions DIR. ;)

justsomecultist

Welcome to RF! You'll find that quite a few of us here are students and practitioners of the Magickal Arts. I am also a musician, guitar and piano/keyboard.

You might want to check out the Magic DIR and Left Hand Path Religions DIR. ;)

Thanks for the tip! I play a bit of guitar but not enough yet that I'd want to play for an audience. I've played saxophone, clarinet, and jazz keyboard in bands before, but my most recent interest has been in electronic music production.