• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's unique to your religion?

Pilgrim Soldier

Jesus also gave other warnings. He told Christians that He was going back to heaven and He would send another Comforter from the Father; and Jesus told you before it came to pass so you would believe when it came to pass, but only a few Christians thus far have heeded that warning.

John 14 KJV

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
But He did send the comforter, He gave us His Holy Spirit to indwell us and make us indestructible and impossible to deceive. He guides us and strengthens us, so we can do anything through Him.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You know I have no choice but to trash everything you say,
Do you really think I care what you throw in the trash? It is your soul that hangs in the balance, not mine. What people believe is their own responsibility, not mine.
which contradicts what Jesus said. Most of your claims are not Biblically correct so I have no idea who taught you but I know that the Bible describes completely different God to the one you describe.
Nothing i am saying contradicts anything Jesus said, it only contradicts the Christian interpretation of the Bible, which is incorrect.
God has not spoken for the past 2000 years, so there are no new revelations and there have never been any more prophets sent by God in the past 2000 years. He would have told us to expect them if He intended to send more but there's no need for any more prophets as God's work was finished 2000 years ago.
God has spoken three times since He spoke through Jesus -- through Muhammad, the Bab, and Baha'u'llah. It is too bad Christians cannot take the competition but you cannot change what the Almighty God has done by your disbelief.
There may be many professing themselves to be prophets, but we know they are false because they can't predict tomorrows weather let alone things in the future.
How do you know that? Over 150 years ago Baha'u'llah predicted everything that is now going on in the world right now.

For just one example, just as Baha'u'llah had predicted, the old world order is coming crashing down all over the world , and a new world order is being built up. Just turn on your TV.

“Beseech ye the one true God to grant that all men may be graciously assisted to fulfil that which is acceptable in Our sight. Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth, and is the Knower of things unseen.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 7

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But He did send the comforter, He gave us His Holy Spirit to indwell us and make us indestructible and impossible to deceive. He guides us and strengthens us, so we can do anything through Him.
The Comforter was not the Holy Spirit. Jesus was the Comforter because He brought the Holy Spirit which the Father sent to Him. Then Jesus said He was going to send another Comforter and that was Baha'u'llah.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Pilgrim Soldier

The Comforter was not the Holy Spirit. Jesus was the Comforter because He brought the Holy Spirit which the Father sent to Him. Then Jesus said He was going to send another Comforter and that was Baha'u'llah.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Again you contradict what Almighty God says, so with all due respect if any I must reject your opinion as deception. Why would Jesus say I will send myself, if He is the comforter. Your argument dies right there

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Again you contradict what Almighty God says, so with all due respect if any I must reject your opinion as deception. Why would Jesus say I will send myself, if He is the comforter. Your argument dies right there
Jesus did not say that He would send Himself, Jesus said that the Father would send another Comforter. The Comforter is a man who brings the Holy Spirit from the Father. Jesus was a Comforter and Baha'u'llah was another Comforter.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus is the first Christian, so He interprets the Bible as a Christian. Your argument falls down right there.
Jesus was not a Christian, He was a Jew. A Christian is a follower of Jesus.
Jesus never interpreted the Bible; He had been long dead by the time it was written so your argument falls down right there.
Jesus said those (prophets) who come after Him would be sent by Satan preaching the doctrine of Demons, so again I need to reject your opinion as being false and stick with what Jehovah Jesus said. After all opinions are like bums, everybody has one o_O
Jesus never said that, Christianity says that, but if you claim that Jesus said that you are responsible to provide the verses to back up your claim.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
And here I thought I left Christianity of my own free will.

So as it turns out, God kicked me out and didn't tell me.

Salix,
Shadowbanned from Christianity
Me too must've been the witchcraft and the fact I am trans that got me shadowbanned...that or the fact another deity called and God got too jealous so he kicked me out lol.