1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured What's unique to your religion?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Vee, Feb 24, 2021.

1. firedragon

firedragon Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,787
    Not really.

Can you give me the points why people dispute the dating, and why you agree?

the thread is very reasonable, yet also very broad as a subject. So I don’t mind engaging, but one at a time.

thus I will await your answer to this specific question.

2. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Be your own guru

Ratings:
    +10,736
    Religion:
    Atheist, Advaita (Non-duality), Orthodox Hindu
    You are right, Salix. This is Aup's particular brand of Advaita. Nothing on Faith, the latest science research to be temporarily accepted till we get something better. And no Gods or Goddesses, no worship, no superstitions, but one's 'dharma' to be strictly adhered to.

#82 Aupmanyav, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  3. Rival

Rival Ankh, Wedja, Seneb
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +26,809
    Religion:
    Kemetic Pagan
    I'm sure the Orthodox Church has this?

#83 Rival, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16,967
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    The entire lineage of Sankara Maths are theistic, and as we both know, Aup is no true atheist. I prefer your not either approach.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marcion

Marcion Self-realisation and Service to the Universe

Ratings:
    +693
    Religion:
    (non-religious) Manava Dharma/Orthodox Right-Hand Tantra-Yoga/Neo-Humanism
    Perhaps another unique thing in my path is that females run their own special suborganisations (e.g. doing relief work) where they may be free of male domination tendencies.

A fourth unique thing is that it combines five different types of tantra into one singular system (Shaiva, Vaishnava, Shakta, Ganapatya and Surya tantra).

#85 Marcion, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  6. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Be your own guru

Ratings:
    +10,736
    Religion:
    Atheist, Advaita (Non-duality), Orthodox Hindu
    How come, Vinayaka? Yes, for half my life, I was a theist, so I know a lot about Hindu theism. My grandpa, among other things, was a practicing priests. On request of the dying mother of a Jodhpur state Chief Minister, he performed her death rights. Normally he gave the responsibility of performing rituals of client families to another priest. Yes, my family had its client families.

7. Marcion

Marcion Self-realisation and Service to the Universe

Ratings:
    +693
    Religion:
    (non-religious) Manava Dharma/Orthodox Right-Hand Tantra-Yoga/Neo-Humanism
    I think Bahai is unique in that it stresses the unity among the Abrahamic faiths and attempts to view other faiths or paths from that same perspective.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Pilgrim Soldier

Pilgrim Soldier Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Religion:
    Christian
    The christian religion has nothing in common with any other religion so it's unique and separate from the rest. Our God said He would not share His glory with any other god and He forbids us to have fellowship with those in other religions.
    Jesus said, "I am the truth" He also said let every man be a liar and let God be true. So we don't have the liberty to listen to any other prophets or religious leaders, we are a closed society.
    Christians are forbidden to have JW's enter our house or fellowship with us. We are only allowed to preach the Gospel to JW's as we consider them to be lost and deceived.

9. Conscious thoughts

Conscious thoughts Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,666
    Religion:
    Osmanli Nakshibedi Way, Sufism
    Sufism may be different to other branches of Islam because of our focus on love and kindness to all beings, no matter what religion you may belong to, we can be friends. Sufism focus the spiritual from within each person who practice and pay little to no value of wordly posessions

• Like Like x 1
  10. capumetu

capumetu Active Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Religion:
    Jehovah's witness

Yes maam, scriptural identification of being the "one faith" Eph 4:5

11. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,511
    Religion:
    Jehovah's Witness
    There are loads of religions that identify as Christian. Which one is yours?

Looks like you missed the part where Jesus talked about kindness and hospitality :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +16,967
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    There are also some unique things about certain religions that are seen as neutral or negative by others. The religions with human sacrifice were somewhat unique, at the time.

13. aketo

aketo Active Member

Ratings:
    +254
    Religion:
    None
    How does this work? If it's too long to answer you could point me towards a thread where you already have :)

14. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,296
    Religion:
    Christian
    Christianity - Eternal life and the Paraclete.

Baptist denominations: Only two ordinances: believers baptism and communion. With an emphasis on Bible Study a person can have the Holy Spirit reveal things without the encumbrance of stuck in the mud doctrine.

15. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,296
    Religion:
    Christian
    I will roll a few dice in remembrance.

16. Muffled

Muffled Jesus in me

Ratings:
    +1,296
    Religion:
    Christian
    I believe that is about as useless as baptizing babies. Your belief is a belief in magic that you don't have.

17. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,481
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Christians do not OWN God, some of them just BELIEVE they do. The one true God is everyone's God.
    It is true that Jesus was the way the truth and the life, but that was only as long as the Christian dispensation lasted. According to my beliefs that dispensation is over and we are living in the Dispensation of Baha'u'llah, so Baha'u'llah is now "the way" by which we can know God and God's will for us.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

Is really no different than what Baha'u'llah wrote about Himself as the way to gain admittance to Paradise….

“Thou hast gained admittance into the Paradise of God’s Remembrance, through thy recognition of Him Who is the Embodiment of that Remembrance amongst men.” Gleanings p. 303
    JWs are Christians, and they are not lost and deceived as are other Christians who believe that the body of Jesus rose from the dead and that Jesus is going to return to earth and that Jesus is God in the flesh. JWs also have very high standards of moral behavior, unlike many other Christians, for which I respect them.

18. Pilgrim Soldier

Ratings:
    +54
    Religion:
    Christian
    What could be more kind and hospitable, than to give a person with terminal cancer an instant cure. It's not loving or caring to affirm and celebrate someone's ways if you know they are on the wrong path which leads to damnation

19. Saint Frankenstein

Saint Frankenstein Caritas Christi Urget Nos
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +18,277
    Religion:
    Christian
    So why are you babbling to us and not segregating yourself with your ilk? Preaching and proselytism are against the forum rules. We're not here to be converted or convert others.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Pilgrim Soldier

Ratings:
    +54
    Religion:
    Christian
    I'm just stating what I believe, you don't have to believe it. nobody will ever force you as Christians are chosen by appointment only. It's not open to the public, so you can breath easy