• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what's the point?

The Black Whirlwind

because i am a rebellious teen and i can, duuuh! no, its because the religion fits me like a good glove. and i dont just believe the Force is out there and that i believe it exists, i know it does. and there some scientific study somewhere on the Net that backs me up.

Cordoba

Because God is Our Creator, and His Guidance shows us how to live a happy life here, and a happy life in the Hereafter.

meogi

Cr0wley said:
Because it's better than saying that everything's for nothing.
Deut's signature! ;)
md_88 said:
and there some scientific study somewhere on the Net that backs me up.
Really? It seems there's a scientific study somewhere on the Net that backs up almost any belief... I find the validity of these 'studies' to be a bit lacking, however.

I'm not religious... because no one has given me just reason to be.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Whether I am religious or not depends on how you define religion. I practice Buddhism......whether that fits your definition of religious or not, well...........

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
I suppose I phrased that wrong...basically each god I've come across I've found enough evidence and through some 'logical' thought I've sort of cancelled each one out (no not all just the ones I've come across). As for a god in general, I've seen no reason to believe.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Original Freak said:
I suppose I phrased that wrong...basically each god I've come across I've found enough evidence and through some 'logical' thought I've sort of cancelled each one out (no not all just the ones I've come across). As for a god in general, I've seen no reason to believe.
'logical' is subjective.:)

Witchcraft

Michel, you doubt too much.

I practice my religion because it makes sense, and it gave me answers others couldn't.:)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Witchcraft said:
Michel, you doubt too much.

I practice my religion because it makes sense, and it gave me answers others couldn't.:)
Hi Witchcraft,

Why do you say I doubt too much?

......"I practice my religion because it makes sense, and it gave me answers others couldn't."..........
is word for word how I would explain my faith; I'm not sure what it is you think I doubt too much?:)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I am anything but religious. I am quite possibly the most flawed and sinful person on this planet. However, I am completely in love with a God that loves me even more.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why am I religious? Because I was told by a spirit being to study a particular religion to awaken my spiritual awareness, then follow my own path once this has been accomplished. I've encountered other spirits who give me certain trails to endure, to make myself less focused on the physical world. Two of the trails im being put through right now is to only have two caffenated drinks a day. What the pain in this is, im have a strong addiction to caffiene. I think im allowed the first mountain dew in the morning to get rid of the head ache, then at night to calm my nerves. The other trail is to go without wearing any sunglasses for a month. This has caused some bad eye pains, but im getting over them. One of my previous trials required me to quit smoking cold turkey. It was hard, but I was able to pull it off and quit smoking completly.