• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the opposite of anti-fascist?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
100522747_10217851299934347_4243302795093999616_n.jpg

What's the opposite of anti-fascist? Take. All. The. Time. You. Need.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I don't think there are enough false flags in this mess yet.. can we add some more? (argh)

exchemist

Veteran Member
100522747_10217851299934347_4243302795093999616_n.jpg

What's the opposite of anti-fascist? Take. All. The. Time. You. Need.
Mind you, Antifa is a movement based on "direct", "street", "action", which is code for "violence".

Not nice.

But it remains to be seen whether Antifa was really involved to a material degree in these riots. The story seems to be changing, with some of the initial reports about out-of-town troublemakers being called into question.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Mind you, Antifa is a movement based on "direct", "street", "action", which is code for "violence".

Not nice.

But it remains to be seen whether Antifa was really involved to a material degree in these riots. The story seems to be changing, with some of the initial reports about out-of-town troublemakers being called into question.
It's only code in those who find "many fine people" among the fascists.

Antifa isn't simply good people who oppose fascism

Anti-fascist action movements are not new and are explicitly formulated around the idea of violent confrontation of fascists. It's not a code as it's their actual raison d'être.

If they were only opposed to violent fascists this wouldn't be so much of a problem, but many of them interpret this category very broadly and are as much into fighting and smashing things up as they are into fighting actual fascism.

I used to help organise illegal raves back in the day and have met a fair few in my time. Many are totally insufferable pricks.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Not according to the Wiki article on Antifa. That reads to me like a just another bunch of people looking for a punch-up while feeling virtuous about it.

Kangaroo Feathers

What fascists would these be, then?

Or are they just people that somebody arbitrarily decides to label fascist, as an excuse to, er, "show up".
Serious question; do you know of any examples where Antifa have shown up where there weren't anyone how could reasonably called fascist, or at least fascist agacent?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Serious question; do you know of any examples where Antifa have shown up where there weren't anyone how could reasonably called fascist, or at least fascist agacent?
Not really relevant to my point. What would be relevant would be whether there have been any cases of Antifa "showing up" without exhibiting aggression. Do you know of any? The Wiki article suggests it would be unlikely, but I don't know much about them.

Kangaroo Feathers

Not really relevant to my point. What would be relevant would be whether there have been any cases of Antifa "showing up" without exhibiting aggression. Do you know of any? The Wiki article suggests it would be unlikely, but I don't know much about them.
If they show up and offer violence to fascists, am I meant to have an issue with that? Is that a bug or a feature? Earlier in the thread you seemed to be suggesting antifa show up and offer violence to non fascists, which I agree would be problematic. Showing up and offering violence to actual fascists? Gotta tell ya, my sympathy isn't with the fascists in such a case.

exchemist

Veteran Member
If they show up and offer violence to fascists, am I meant to have an issue with that? Is that a bug or a feature? Earlier in the thread you seemed to be suggesting antifa show up and offer violence to non fascists, which I agree would be problematic. Showing up and offering violence to actual fascists? Gotta tell ya, my sympathy isn't with the fascists in such a case.
Well I would.

It is not the job of self-appointed vigilantes, looking for a fight, to start one with people they decide to classify as "fascists". That is mob rule.

Mitty

Haha, yes sometimes I wonder if these blokes with beards, baseball caps, combat fatigues and semi-automatic weapons are effectively Trump's brownshirts. But they are not really fascists.
So who are the fascists who are the anti-antifa if they're not Trump's brownshirts?

Rational Agnostic

Who appointed you to decide that a certain group of people deserve violence because of their beliefs that you label as "fascist"? And why should your opinion matter to any of us?