• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatever else might be argued, this much is true: ...

The October 7th Hamas attack was a barbaric war crime demanding unqualified condemnation.

• Yes

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Little Dragon

An ex-employee of mine (fundie Christian)
actually advocated that, ie, exterminating
the Palestinians. It's the Bible's way.
According to Guardian journalist and columnist Owen Jones on his Youtube channel.

"A leaked Israeli government document - leaked to @972mag and its partner site Local Call - calls for the permanent mass ethnic cleansing of Gaza."

Note that this alleged document is not necessarily Israeli government policy, but a ministerial recommendation.

The international community and especially the allies of Israel, cannot condone this course of action. If the Israeli government follows that route, I don't know how the west can continue to support the Israeli government in office. Not that we would have to withdraw our commitment to the continuing military protection of Israeli citizens, to sanction to the government and state.

Should all this alleged by Mr Jones, be true.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Interesting. I don't eat bread at all or marmite. I might check out the zinc supplements next time I am in my pharmacy/drugstore. Maybe I could use some zinc.

Zinc has loads of benefits, it comes pre packed in quite a few foods. Mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, kale, garlic, red meat and poultry.

I take a multivitamin pill per day, they usually contain enough zinc for bodily needs

Marmite? Love it or hate it the advert said... I hate it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
According to Guardian journalist and columnist Owen Jones on his Youtube channel.

"A leaked Israeli government document - leaked to @972mag and its partner site Local Call - calls for the permanent mass ethnic cleansing of Gaza."

Note that this alleged document is not necessarily Israeli government policy, but a ministerial recommendation.

The international community and especially the allies of Israel, cannot condone this course of action. If the Israeli government follows that route, I don't know how the west can continue to support the Israeli government in office. Not that we would have to withdraw our commitment to the continuing military protection of Israeli citizens, to sanction to the government and state.

Should all this alleged by Mr Jones, be true.

Excerpted....
Former Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon has told Al Jazeera that people in Gaza should evacuate their residences and relocate to the Sinai Desert in Egypt, where temporary tent cities could be established for them, amid the ongoing fighting between Israel and Hamas.
Move a million or so refugees, including the
injured needing medical care, to a desert, where
tent cities "could be" established for them.

The interview has been shared widely on social media, with Ayalon receiving widespread criticism for his comments, which many said were a call for “ethnic cleansing”.
“We told the Gazan people to clear the area temporarily, so we can go and take Hamas out, and then, of course, they can come back,” said Ayalon, speaking to Marc Lamont Hill on an episode of UpFront that aired on Friday.
"Temporarily", they say, but what would refugees return to?
Buildings, agriculture, & infrastructure are destroyed.
Utilities are unavailable....except for salt water on the coast.
“We don’t tell Gazans to go to the beaches or drown themselves … No, God forbid … Go to the Sinai Desert. There is a huge expanse, almost endless space in the Sinai Desert just on the other side of Gaza.”
"Endless space" doesn't equate to survival.
It's more likely killing fields, or at best, an
outdoor gulag.

“The idea is for them to leave over to the open areas where we and the international community will prepare infrastructure … tent cities, with food and with water, just like for the refugees of Syria,” Ayalon added.
Moreover, the former deputy foreign minister said everything will be “restored” in Gaza, if there is an “immediate surrender, unconditional surrender of Hamas”, which Lamont pointed out was a “textbook” definition of collective punishment.
I'm skeptical that Israel intends spending billions upon
billions of dollars to rebuild Gaza, only to hand it over
to returning Palestinians.
Israel knows that a Hamas will arise due to continuing
oppression. It makes more sense for Israel to renege
on this promise, & move Jewish settlers into Gaza...
...as has been planned.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Sometimes I assume too much. You took my statement as a standalone not in the context of my other statements including the history of the region which included Arab riots in the 1930's when Jews fleeing Hitler came to settle and going through the 1947 attack by all of Israel's neighbors etc, it's hardly fair to blame Israel for Hamas's abominable and unjustifiable atrocities. If you want to assign blame, then blame the Arabs for Israel's current policies.

Personally assigning such blame is overly simplistic at best. If the Arabs had accepted the partition plan, Israel would look like this today

800px-UN_Palestine_Partition_Versions_1947.jpg

Parenthetically, to better appreciate the implications of the above map, it's instructive to look at the one below. Note that much of the proposed Israel was desert.

Israel_population_density_2018.png

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
From comments - the British invented the name Palestine.
from Latin Palestina (name of a Roman province), from Greek Palaistinē (Herodotus), from Hebrew Pelesheth "Philistia, land of the Philistines" (see Philistine). In Josephus, the country of the Philistines; extended under Roman rule to all Judea and later to Samaria and Galilee.​
Revived as an official political territorial name 1920 with the British mandate. Under Turkish rule, Palestine was part of three administrative regions: the Vilayet of Beirut, the Independent Sanjak of Jerusalem, and the Vilayet of Damascus. In 1917 the country was conquered by British forces who held it under occupation until the mandate was established April 25, 1920, by the Supreme Council of the Allied Powers at San Remo. During the occupation Palestine formed "Occupied Enemy Territory Administration (South)," with headquarters at Jerusalem.​

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Netanyahu's claim that it aims to "destroy Hamas" is as understandable as it is utterly foolish.

He may even succeed, but that would be quite pointless in the long run. It will amount to a major replenishment and renewal of the personal reasons for Arabs near and abroad to feel hatred for Israel. They do not forget their dead easily, nor should they.

He is giving every conceivable excuse for people to turn against Israel, and then some.

Little Dragon

Netanyahu's claim that it aims to "destroy Hamas" is as understandable as it is utterly foolish.

He may even succeed, but that would be quite pointless in the long run. It will amount to a major replenishment and renewal of the personal reasons for Arabs near and abroad to feel hatred for Israel. They do not forget their dead easily, nor should they.

He is giving every conceivable excuse for people to turn against Israel, and then some.
He's a terrible leader, a far right relic of the past. Like so many of these new wave strongmen. ******** the lot of em.

amorphous_constellation

To actually solve the problem of no one there living
in peace, first accept that everyone there should
live in peace, justice, & prosperity in their own country.
Toward this end, stop demonizing.
Ask the singular important question...
"Why".
Craft a durable long term solution from understanding
& accepting as valid, the answers to that question.
Well my opinion, useless as it is in coming from mere intuition, is that the whole area there seems like it must have rigid resource & space limits that affect all parties. Maybe things aren't optimized as well as they could be? How much of the land is arable, how much of it can sustain good housing, and what is the job market like in the whole area? To the degree that religion and useful cultural-based products can re-imagine the economy there (as I imagine they may, since the area is some kind of focal point in world history), how can such things be constructed optimally and positively? As for gaza, can that piece of land be optimized for waterway based trade?

Another thing is, I am sort of atheistically minded in my thinking like you and others are, (though with exceptions that I don't impose on anyone) and I place a high value on the secular mode. And that's why I like the Israelis that have music festivals for example. That's considered a pretty secular thing to do, and that kind of thing makes money too. I think if the Gazans wanted to improve their situation, maybe should do the same thing?

By them specifically attacking something like that, it makes a strong point that there is potentially a huge jealously compotent with all of this. But they could go do the same thing. But instead, they countered someone else's joy with murderousness

But overall, it seems like a space and resource limitation might be in place across the whole area. And the peoples there seem to value a heavy growth-based model. In the american context, even though I am hard worker, it is not in the forecast that I will even reproduce myself, and we supposedly have more resources here. Therefore, I don't see why a more self-limiting philosophy is not prescribed. It might be hard to do, but it doesn't hurt anyone

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Bombastic jingoism is all he's got.
That and the desire to turn Israel into a theocratic autocracy. The theocratic elements have been there all along and been very strong, but add in autocracy which he was working on before Hamas attacked and the result will be, to me, terminally sad at best.

MJ Bailey

Forgive me if this was already pointed out, however if people would try to find likenesses with their enemies and build from there, instead of always seeking the differences, I personally agree it would be a better World to live in.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Forgive me if this was already pointed out, however if people would try to find likenesses with their enemies and build from there, instead of always seeking the differences, I personally agree it would be a better World to live in.
May that day soon come

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Netanyahu has no "desire to turn Israel into a theocratic autocracy." He has a desire to stay in power, and that requires that he form a coalition with far-right religious zionists in the government, e.g., Itamar Ben-Gvir and Bezalel Smotrich.
He tried mightily to be able to ignore their Supreme Court when it suited him and that caused unprecedented demonstrations. Perhaps you did not read about them?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
That and the desire to turn Israel into a theocratic autocracy.
Netanyahu has no "desire to turn Israel into a theocratic autocracy." He has a desire to stay in power, and that requires that he form a coalition with far-right religious zionists in the government, e.g., Itamar Ben-Gvir and Bezalel Smotrich.
He tried mightily to be able to ignore their Supreme Court when it suited him and that caused unprecedented demonstrations.

What does that comment have to do with our conversation?

Perhaps you did not read about them?

I check (at least) three different Israeli newspapers daily and have participated in multiple local UnXeptable rallies.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
It sure looks that way from here where I am.
Netanyahu is a right-wing, opportunist Likud bully who will form coalitions with whatever group helps him maintain power. He is no more a theocrat than is Trump a conservative Republican. I'm sorry that you are confused.

Do you know of any sort of defense against this danger that you might want to share here?
Yes, the same defense that we in the U.S. have against Trump.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Netanyahu is a right-wing, opportunist Likud bully who will form coalitions with whatever group helps him maintain power. He is no more a theocrat than is Trump a conservative Republican. I'm sorry that you are confused.

Yes, the same defense that we in the U.S. have against Trump.
For the record, I agree with you regarding Netanyahu's goals and motivations. I am sorry that my wording wasn't clearer before.

Last edited: