• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would the world look like if...

waitasec

Veteran Member
If the world were to become a utopia (ie. a perfect society) sometime in the future what would it look like? And what changes would have had to have been made in order to make it happen?

Taking into account culture, politics, beliefs, economics, technology, etc.

all humans would have to become unaware of their actions...

Flat Earth Kyle

You really believe that if so called paradise comes to earth that you will be exactly as you are now and it's everything else that would change?

No, one of the only things that is constant in this world is change.
I believe that when paradise comes I will have a resurrected body.
A perfect, powerful, immortal body that is incapable of feeling physical pain.

no-body

Yet your mind and consciousness will be exactly the same, forever?

fishy

So in future earthquakes people will be trapped under 50 tons of concrete alive, that should be fun for them.

fishy

What about car crashes, train smashes, ferry sinkings? How will they work out, just lie on the ocean floor for eternity? Should be fun. :biglaugh:

waitasec

Veteran Member
What about car crashes, train smashes, ferry sinkings? How will they work out, just lie on the ocean floor for eternity? Should be fun. :biglaugh:

maybe the resurrected body will acquire super human strength...
wait...:sarcastic

Flat Earth Kyle

We believe that angels have resurrected bodies and angels can fly. We won't have to worry about any of that because we will be able to fly.

fishy

We believe that angels have resurrected bodies and angels can fly. We won't have to worry about any of that because we will be able to fly.
It just gets better. :biglaugh:
And where does Tinkerbell fit into this story? You got all of this from the bible, or from the Cat in the Hat?
Usually when I ask you a question I am looking for an answer, not a bunch of assumptions. When you don't know, say you don't know. If I want to hear your assumptions, I'll ask you.
You say what?

Last edited:

Brendan ben David

Human Being
Despite the underlying hint of pessimism from most of you I thank all of you for your responses!

Here is my vision:

There will be no more warfare or violence. Warring will cease completely and no longer will any country, group, sect or individual wage war or murder again. Weapons will be destroyed en mass. There will also be no more crime as an objective morality will be clear and evident and reward and punishment understood by all humanity.

Everyone on the planet will know the truth of God, of reality and existence, and the purpose of life -- which is to attach and cleave to the Creator, building a relationship with Him that will last for all eternity. There will no longer be confusion on these elementary topics. Nor will there be arguments between particular dogmas as all will see clearly the correct fundamental truth of existence. Everyone on earth will realise we're all children of God, brothers and sisters, with more commonalities than differences and there will be universal peace.

Greed will dissipate completely and be replaced by loving-kindness as all people will appreciate and be satisfied with what they have and not yearn for that which is out of their reach. Everyone will realise that God provides for all their needs and they will trust in Him.

Large profits and profiteering will be renounced as the aim of business and corporations. Instead, sustainability of organisations will be paramount and those which work together to achieve the best service for the unified global community will be most successful.

Advertising will cease being manipulative and instead promote spiritual ideals and promote Godliness and collective and individual greatness. Consumers will only buy what is necessary and the population will become self-reliant, not requiring excess from the market.

Power will be annulled from the ruling elite and given to the Nations. Banking laws will be reformed and banks given less power - with the democratic governments of the Nations to control the money creation and distribution of money. The world's resources will be generously spread around the globe ensuring the elimination of poverty worldwide.

Advancements in technology and the redistribution of wealth from the ruling elite to the Nations' governments down to the populace will mean that people can work as much or as little as they like; individuals will only need to work a few hours per week to earn enough to live comfortably.

Materialism will decline dramatically because people will understand that luxuries and physical amenities in excess distract and distance one from God and the ultimate pleasure which is connecting to Him.

Nations will have their own unique and specific roles in the world arena and all cultures will be respected and admired as long as they adhere and conform to God's laws.

Science will also progress to the point where all illnesses are curable and all physical suffering will be nullified.

Individuals will desire and thirst to study God's word and many will dedicate their lives to learning all the secrets of life and the universe. Learning will become easier as each person's evil inclination will be subdued by the clarity of God's spiritual light - which will be more readily apparent in the world and day to day life.

Ultimately the world will be as God wills it to be; which could only be nothing less than perfection.

May we speedily progress towards such a world.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Despite the underlying hint of pessimism from most of you I thank all of you for your responses!
Here is my vision:
There will be no more warfare or violence. Warring will cease completely and no longer will any country, group, sect or individual wage war or murder again. Weapons will be destroyed en mass. There will also be no more crime as an objective morality will be clear and evident and reward and punishment understood by all humanity.
Everyone on the planet will know the truth of God, of reality and existence, and the purpose of life -- which is to attach and cleave to the creating, building a relationship with Him that will last for all eternity. There will no longer be confusion on these elementary topics. Nor will there be arguments between particular dogmas as all will see clearly the correct fundamental truth of existence. Everyone on earth will realise we're all children of God, brothers and sisters, with more commonalities than differences and there will be universal peace.
Greed will dissipate completely and be replaced by loving-kindness as all people will appreciate and be satisfied with what they have and not yearn for that which is out of their reach. Everyone will realise that God provides fro all their needs and they will trust in Him.
Large profits and profiteering will be renounced as the aim of business and corporations. Instead, sustainability of organisations will be paramount and those which work together to achieve the best service for the unified global community will be most successful.
Advertising will cease being manipulative and instead promote spiritual ideals and promote Godliness and collective and individual greatness. Consumers will only buy what is necessary and the population will become self-reliant, not requiring excess from the market.
Power will be annulled from the ruling elite and given to the Nations. Banking laws will be reformed and banks given less power - with the democratic governments of the Nations to control the money creation and distribution of money. The world's resources will be generously spread around the globe ensuring the elimination of poverty worldwide.
Advancements in technology and the redistribution of wealth from the ruling elite to the Nations' governments down to the populace will mean that people can work as much or as little as they like; individuals will only need to work a few hours per week to earn enough to live comfortably.
Materialism will decline dramatically because people will understand that luxuries and physical amenities in excess distract and distance one from God and the ultimate pleasure which is connecting to Him.
Nations will have their own unique and specific roles in the world arena and all cultures will be respected and admired as long as they adhere and conform to God's laws.
Science will also progress to the point where all illnesses are curable and all physical suffering will be nullified.
Individuals will desire and thirst to study God's word and many will dedicate their lives to learning all the secrets of life and the universe. Learning will become easier as each person's evil inclination will be subdued by the clarity of God's spiritual light - which will be more readily apparent in the world and day to day life.
Ultimately the world will be as God wills it to be; which could only be nothing less than perfection.
May we speedily progress towards such a world.

According to Psalm [46v9] God will make wars stop earth wide.
That is the purpose that Armageddon [last war] will accomplish.
Both Isaiah and Micah foretold war weapons will become farming tools.
[Isaiah 2v4; Micah 4vs3,4]
Yes, everyone will know the truth of God [YHWH].
[Isaiah 11v9]
Greed will dissipate because God will bring to ruin those ruining earth.
[Rev. 11v18 B]
God's promise to Abraham will be fulfilled that all families of the earth will be blessed, and all nations of the earth will be blessed. Blessed with curing or healing of the nations. Thus, mankind's 'sinful nature' will become as Adam's 'sinless nature' was at his creation in having healthy sound minds and bodies.
[Genesis 12v3; 22v18;Rev. 22v2]
'Perfection' will Not come about by progressive science because science can Not cure the 'sin' problem. Sin leads to death. According to Scripture what Jesus did on a small scale while on earth, then Jesus will do on a LARGE or GRAND scale during Messiah's 1000-year reign over earth.