• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would it take for you to change your faith to another?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Really?

You mean the authors of the OT books? Like Isiah? Or John of Patmos in Revelation? where they got their info?

LOL..easy: they made it up. Most of the bible is pure fiction. And allegory. Again, like my comparison to Greek Mythology. It's simply Hebrew Mythology.

But I dunno, it mighta been a little different for John in Revelation, I admit.

That book is so whacked that I wouldn't doubt he got ahold of some mushrooms or peyote or some other type of hallucinogenic before writing that thing.

LOL.

No, really, though, most of that book--more than ANY other in the bible, is written in pure metaphor and symbolism, he did this in case the writings fell into Roman hands.

Like his beats with the seven heads? Well, that is the city of Rome, which has seven hills.
I guess I should have been more specific.
So you mean to tell me that isaiah made up or had a lucky guess that the earth is round.

You mean to see that it was made up that Job said the earth hangs on nothing, and that God expands (continually) the heavens.
Did they just make that up with all the other popular ideas of their time?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Actually, I do know history, thanks. And you just ignored what I said, which is entirely expected.
Lol you just like to argue. You like to show yourself as wise. No problem. I see how you carry yourself in the forum and it is painfully obviously you are set in your ways and you have all the answers.
You have a great day and life.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Really?

You mean the authors of the OT books? Like Isiah? Or John of Patmos in Revelation? where they got their info?

LOL..easy: they made it up. Most of the bible is pure fiction. And allegory. Again, like my comparison to Greek Mythology. It's simply Hebrew Mythology.

But I dunno, it mighta been a little different for John in Revelation, I admit.

That book is so whacked that I wouldn't doubt he got ahold of some mushrooms or peyote or some other type of hallucinogenic before writing that thing.

LOL.

No, really, though, most of that book--more than ANY other in the bible, is written in pure metaphor and symbolism, he did this in case the writings fell into Roman hands.

Like his beats with the seven heads? Well, that is the city of Rome, which has seven hills.
I disagree that it was only because of Roman hands, many things from isaiah to malachi are written in ways so that the wicked might not understand, and those who think they are wise, and haughty may be left in the dark. But in reality it's their own heart condition that does not allow them to see the truth.

anonymous9887

bible reader
In all reality I think that the major factor in changing your beliefs is a sincere open mind. Not someone that says he is, but in reality he just wants to win debates and argue. Someone that says I'm comfortable with what I believe, but I'm open to listening because of the fact that my views could be wrong. It's all a person's heart condition.

Etritonakin

All people have their own faith. What would it take to convert you to another faith? Many people say we'll I need to see a miracle or see it in the bible, but I think even if people saw what they wanted they still wouldn't change it. So what does it really take? Opinions?

Evidence and/or proof -but that is not to say I would convert to another faith, as such.

Faith should grow -we should prove all things and hold fast to that which is good, as written.

We should believe something different constantly as we learn -while holding fast to that which is known to be correct and right.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Faith is not simply a set of beliefs -which are different among individuals even in a group -it is a foundation of evidence from which to act.

It is of no use to believe in God's existence if one will not obey him regardless of the situation.

Many who beleive in God would worship an image, kill, steal, etc, under certain circumstances... because they have fear and lack faith.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Incorrect. The Hebrew meaning is actually "accuser" or "hinderer".

This is not true of Judaism.
There simply is not anything to change your faith to another,why are you making this thread busy for nothing?

anonymous9887

bible reader
[ QUOTE="Etritonakin, post: 4455445, member: 23214"]Evidence and/or proof -but that is not to say I would convert to another faith, as such.

Faith should grow -we should prove all things and hold fast to that which is good, as written.

We should believe something different constantly as we learn -while holding fast to that which is known to be correct and right.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Faith is not simply a set of beliefs -which are different among individuals even in a group -it is a foundation of evidence from which to act.

It is of no use to believe in God's existence if one will not obey him regardless of the situation.

Many who beleive in God would worship an image, kill, steal, etc, under certain circumstances... because they have fear and lack faith.[/QUOTE]
I agree, but I hope your not implying blind faith, because that's not biblical, from the beginning god has always provided evidence.

Norman

Defender of Truth
All people have their own faith. What would it take to convert you to another faith? Many people say we'll I need to see a miracle or see it in the bible, but I think even if people saw what they wanted they still wouldn't change it. So what does it really take? Opinions?

Norman: Hi Paul, nothing!!!! I am content where with my religious convections lye.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
@Paul Chavez
That isn't specified in Genesis, though. It doesn't state that the snake was Satan, etc. So, you could still believe that Satan opposed JHVH, yet, is not the snake in the Garden. I don't ..think... that there is any reference to such in the NT, as well. I believe that some infer that, from a verse or verses. I'm going to doublecheck this, actually.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Lol you just like to argue. You like to show yourself as wise. No problem. I see how you carry yourself in the forum and it is painfully obviously you are set in your ways and you have all the answers.
You have a great day and life.

You've got your blind faith and that's all you care about. You like to think it's rational but it's anything but. When faced with someone who does not accept it as rational, you turn tail and run away. It's okay, most theists are like that. Rather than admit that the things they believe are nonsense, they go crawling back into their little faith hole. Have a good day yourself, embracing your ridiculous beliefs.

anonymous9887

bible reader
You've got your blind faith and that's all you care about. You like to think it's rational but it's anything but. When faced with someone who does not accept it as rational, you turn tail and run away. It's okay, most theists are like that. Rather than admit that the things they believe are nonsense, they go crawling back into their little faith hole. Have a good day yourself, embracing your ridiculous beliefs.
Lol
I guess predicting cities getting taken over by a specific city before it happens is blind faith ok.
Isaiah 40:22 circle or sphere
Job 26:7 the earth hangs on nothing.
Job 9:8 I believe says you spread (Continually). As proven by science the universe continually expands.
LOL
Have a good day.

anonymous9887

bible reader
@Paul Chavez
That isn't specified in Genesis, though. It doesn't state that the snake was Satan, etc. So, you could still believe that Satan opposed JHVH, yet, is not the snake in the Garden. I don't ..think... that there is any reference to such in the NT, as well. I believe that some infer that, from a verse or verses. I'm going to doublecheck this, actually.
Revelation 12:9