• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Would Happen If The US Attacks Iran?

moegypt

If Us attack Iran...

US will be in war in two counries near by near.... The area of war will be tooooooooo long

More innocents will be killed... More kids will miss their fathers.... more people will be in hospitals..and no one will win the war.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
**MOD POST**

Critique each other's ideas all you want, but please refrain from attacking each other. Personal attacks are against the rules of the Forum.

Aasimar

Atheist
No. I agree that Bahai has been persecuted in Iran. Bahai is an off branch of Islam, just like Later Day Saint etc, which has also been persecuted by Christians as well.

Religious persecution (involving a very small number of people, usually), if being used by politician of foreign power, to disrupt and destroy the existing government of a country, in order to achieve control of the country is not an acceptable practice. We should look after the minority rights, but not being made use of as an excuse to cause suffering for the majority, which is also not correct. What need to be done is just to pressurise the existing majority ruling oppressing government to become more liberal in the treatment of the minority religion. For example, Iran government is not completely suppressing religious freedom, it is, in fact more liberal that the Saudi government, in that in the constitution, four other religions are allowed to exist and practiced among own believers, though not allowed to "evangelize" to the Muslim. Certain discrimination in terms of job opportunity is not avoidable, that is human society natural preservation of own species, just like in the west, Christians will look after Christians in the work, etc etc.

I have to admit, I really don't know the slightest thing about Bahai, but this has piqued my interest a bit. Could anyone who is Bahai reference me to a quality site that explains the faith? Thanks

vandervalley

If Us attack Iran...

US will be in war in two counries near by near.... The area of war will be tooooooooo long

More innocents will be killed... More kids will miss their fathers.... more people will be in hospitals..and no one will win the war.

Actually there will not just be 2 countries side by side under America's war efforts if USA decides to take military action against Iran; it will be whopping THREE countries (Afganistan, Iran and Iraq) side by side (geographically speaking) :eek:. Now that would be quite a challenge for even a super power

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
It would be a challenge if any of them had the force or even the guts to get together and fight. The fact that airspace critical to attacking these countries were allowed to be used, is proof that they will never see the common enemy. These countries keep looking to the US for help, the very country attacking them, how stupid is that? They allowed the space to be used hoping against hope that the US will be lenient towards them, hoping their turn would never come. Surprise surprise surprise, why didn't they see it comming. Pakistan was a big helper in the fight against afghanistan, but the US don't like them either. They're next eventually.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
doppelgänger;966876 said:
What are the justifications for a war in Iran? Anyone know?

Supposedly it's because they are planning to make nuclear weapons, or at least create the program for it in the future. This is also the rationale behind imposing sanctions on Iran, and trying to get them more hardlined. Iran is accused of this despite the IAEA claims that after a thorough investigation, Iran has not shown the will nor even the capability to create these weapons, and that the nuclear power they have now is of a completely civilian and peaceful nature. US upholds that Iran is on the verge of creating these weapons, but they have not provided proof for the claim. We'll see what they pull out of their.......hat shall I say.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Supposedly it's because they are planning to make nuclear weapons, or at least create the program for it in the future.

The US already has them. That's a lame justification, unless the US is willing to disarm itself of nuclear weapons. Even if Iran were creating nuclear weapons, attacking them for it would be hypocritical.

We'll see what they pull out of their.......hat shall I say.

The US government has a growing credibility problem.

Pariah

Let go
Well, we are in the Kali Yug. :p

I guess... but the dissolution of the universe isn't supposed to happen for another 432 million years!
It's only been like, what, 3000 years since Krishna died? We could wage quite a few World Wars in that time.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
The US already has them. That's a lame justification, unless the US is willing to disarm itself of nuclear weapons. Even if Iran were creating nuclear weapons, attacking them for it would be hypocritical.

I know I know right. Well they have already attacked them economically with the sanctions. That's underway so......... It's a matter of time before the guns come out.

Hypocrisy has never been a stumbling block on the road to forced democracy.....you know better than that Dopp c'mon man...... :)