• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will you give for your life?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
What might seem a simple question is actually a very complex one.

Well that's weird, because it shouldn't be. The Biblical god is supposed to be all-powerful. It should be incredibly easy for him to follow through on his promise, and make it clear that he's the one doing it.

For a start God is not an equal, we cannot barter or trade our obedience or our material possessions for a specific blessing.
We can of course ask for it, but the decision to give us what we want is his.

Then his promise is functionally worthless. I asked for a test to determine how we know the Bible's claims are true. You pointed me to a verse, reinterpreted it, and now are telling me even if I do what you think it means I should do, I may not see the results promised.

So give me a break, this "promise" is a dead end. So I ask you again: how do we test your/the Bible's claims about God to determine if they're actually accurate?

The reason for this is not mysterious,

That I agree with. ;)

it is explained in the Bible (but is another subject).

The Bible hasn't been of much practical assistance so far in this conversation, perhaps try something else.

However, If we wanted to pinpoint an immediate and specific blessing we could safely state that God will help us to endure any trial we have to face,

Really? Tell that to billions of faithful believers who have died because they faced trials he didn't enable them to endure.

strengthen us to stay faithful to him

People have faith in all kinds of things, even when given direct evidence their faith is misplaced. It doesn't take a god to have faith, and there's no reason to think we should. If you have good reason to believe something, faith is unnecessary.

and protect us from “lasting” harm.(Ez 34:15)

Apparently not death, though? :shrug:

We should also keep in mind that the very breath we take is due to the fact the he sustains our life and that in extension everything that is we have is due to this.

Uh, no, we should keep in mind that that's a claim about god. It's not one that's been demonstrated.