• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will happen when the Messiah arrives?

Princeps Eugenius

So Jews were never satisfied with the christian Jesus, because he didnt fullfill the standards the real Messiah was supposed to fullfill. What are these criteria that the true jewish Messiah will accomplish as to be recognized by the entire world as the truthful leader of the Jews?

dantech

Thanks. I was more thinking of hearing personal opinions (backed up by scripture) rather than links to other websites. But thanks anyhow.
Off of the first link:
What Will the Mashiach Do?
Before the time of the mashiach, there shall be war and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16)

The mashiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).

Many of the Jews here don't believe in a Messiah, but moreso in a Messianic Era.

The Orthodox Jews, generally, believe in all of the hokus pokus stuff you hear about.
Example: Temple falling from the sky, Resurrection of the dead, etc...

Akivah

Thanks. I was more thinking of hearing personal opinions (backed up by scripture) rather than links to other websites. But thanks anyhow.

I take it you didn't actually click on any of the links. The first and third ones have full biblical citations.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't know if there is gonna be a "messiah", nor do I worry about it, and I figger that if there is one that comes when I'm alive, I can find out about him them.

Now back to my life.

Princeps Eugenius

I take it you didn't actually click on any of the links. The first and third ones have full biblical citations.
I checked out the first link right away. Didnt click the other ones though. As i said i was much more looking for personal opinions of how the messiah is supposed to rule as to be recognized the true king of the jews. was bar kohba a messiah, because he convinced many jews of his authority? would the future messiah be something similar to bar kohba? or king david?

Minus all the death, murder and general unhappy stuff.
you have actually read that piece of literature :D? what made you interested in trying out christian scripture?

Akivah

I checked out the first link right away. Didnt click the other ones though. As i said i was much more looking for personal opinions of how the messiah is supposed to rule as to be recognized the true king of the jews. was bar kohba a messiah, because he convinced many jews of his authority? would the future messiah be something similar to bar kohba? or king david?

We're really not hung up on speculations and nuances. When the Messianic Age starts, it will be so in-your-face that no one in the world could mistake or doubt it.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Before the time of the mashiach, there shall be war and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16)

The mashiach will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).
So since the scattered Jews from many nations, have already been brought back to Israel, do the Jews believe the Messiah must already be back?

Since the court has been built, are Jewish laws being reinstated in Israel?

Since there are plans to build the 3rd temple, do you feel this is the Messiah's doing, if not, how do you explain it?

Do you believe the war and suffering have already happened; if the Jews have already been brought back?

:innocent:

rosends

So since the scattered Jews from many nations, have already been brought back to Israel, do the Jews believe the Messiah must already be back?
The ingathering of the exiles includes those from the lost tribes, so while the moving of a large percentage of world jewry is good, it is not, in and of itself, a signal that we are in a messianic age.
Since the court has been built, are Jewish laws being reinstated in Israel?
Israel is only a partially theocratic state. There is a huge chunk of the secular in it and its laws are not identical with Jewish law.
Since there are plans to build the 3rd temple, do you feel this is the Messiah's doing, if not, how do you explain it?
There are 2 schools of thought -- one that man must build the temple and the other that God will build the temple. Having plans fulfills neither.

rosends : Israel is a 100% secular country. It is not theocratic in any way. That is why certain vaguely Jewish supposedly "ultra orthodox" groups do not support the state.

rosends

rosends : Israel is a 100% secular country. It is not theocratic in any way. That is why certain vaguely Jewish supposedly "ultra orthodox" groups do not support the state.
The country is secular in many senses, but the fact that certain aspects of life are administered by the rabbanut creates an overlap (I saw an interesting discussion which distinguished 'theocratic' from 'theistic'). That certain groups deny the secular state and political Zionism doesn't change the fact that a government organization uses Jewish law to determine certain issues such as conversion and marriage.

Princeps Eugenius

We're really not hung up on speculations and nuances. When the Messianic Age starts, it will be so in-your-face that no one in the world could mistake or doubt it.
Arent all jews god's chosen people? So would'nt that make any Jews speculation/interpretation basically "good"?

Always know thy enemy and so forth.
So you had no interest in getting to know the "truth" of christianity? just to find their "weaknesses", so to speak?

Flankerl

So you had no interest in getting to know the "truth" of christianity? just to find their "weaknesses", so to speak?

If you are engaged in a Forum like this its always good to know with what you are dealing with from the other side.

I also had to read the so called "NT" back in school. Catholic country etc.