• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was the good thing you did to someone today?

MariaMe

Hi all,

Today was very busy day at work but I took few minutes of thinking, what good thing I could do to someone who needs me and some help. God gave me the answer.
So while I was driving to work I called to an old friend. I knew she has been sick for a while and I asked if she needed any help and how was she today. She told me that she is in bad condition but would be lovely to see me and invited me to her house to have a cup of coffee.

So I left from work a little bit early just to see her. My visit lasted many hours. We talked, I cleaned her house and went to do some shopping for her.
When I came home today I was very tired but so so happy. I always try to live like He has taught us and help others the best as I can. Today He told me to call my friend and help her. I am so happy I did. It gives me so much and my friend was also very thankful of course.

So I was wondering, what was the good thing you did today?
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings to me! Good night.
God bless you all!

Maria

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Hi all,

Today was very busy day at work but I took few minutes of thinking, what good thing I could do to someone who needs me and some help. God gave me the answer.
So while I was driving to work I called to an old friend. I knew she has been sick for a while and I asked if she needed any help and how was she today. She told me that she is in bad condition but would be lovely to see me and invited me to her house to have a cup of coffee.

So I left from work a little bit early just to see her. My visit lasted many hours. We talked, I cleaned her house and went to do some shopping for her.
When I came home today I was very tired but so so happy. I always try to live like He has taught us and help others the best as I can. Today He told me to call my friend and help her. I am so happy I did. It gives me so much and my friend was also very thankful of course.

God bless you all!

Maria

Told my wife I loved her.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hi all,

God bless you all!

Maria
Made a lamb navarin for my son to take with him for dinner, on his army cadet hiking trip in the Brecon Beacons this weekend. March in the Welsh rain can be pretty cold and miserable.

Oh, and got him a National Insurance number.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This afternoon I stood in the rain and cheered my sons team to a win at the first ever local interschool football match.

Amazing because the local sport is rugby. But son is football crazy. His actions have brought together 5 schools to field football teams. This was the first interschool match held between 2 rusty goalposts and a weed infested and part flooded field.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Showed someone how to safely measure the AC ripple of 100,000 volts.

giphy.gif

ChristineM

Premium Member
Showed someone how to safely measure the AC ripple of 100,000 volts.

giphy.gif

When i was a kid there was an accident at a chlorine manufacturing plant a few miles from home.

Seems they pass a high voltage at high current over brine to make the chlorine. The plant used its own power station.

There was work going on in the roof section above the chlorine beds. One worker needed a pee (you know where this is going). Rather than clime down the ladders he took aim into one of the beds. 35,000 volts at over 300 amps took the shortest route to earth.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
When i was a kid there was an accident at a chlorine manufacturing plant a few miles from home.

Seems they pass a high voltage at high current over brine to make the chlorine. The plant used its own power station.

There was work going on in the roof section above the chlorine beds. One worker needed a pee (you know where this is going). Rather than clime down the ladders he took aim into one of the beds. 35,000 volts at over 300 amps took the shortest route to earth.

Yeah, I forgot to mention not to go pee on the 100KV line. Maybe I ought to.:oops:

MariaMe

This afternoon I stood in the rain and cheered my sons team to a win at the first ever local interschool football match.

Amazing because the local sport is rugby. But son is football crazy. His actions have brought together 5 schools to field football teams. This was the first interschool match held between 2 rusty goalposts and a weed infested and part flooded field.

This is so great! I like football :soccerball::soccerball::soccerball::blush:

ChristineM

Premium Member
This is so great! I like football :soccerball::soccerball::soccerball::blush:

I personally cant stand it (more a rugby person) but its my sons passion. When we moved here he was devastated there is no football played within 100km so he pleaded with his school to start 2 teams. Then went around all the schools in the area... It caught on and now there are 5. He's still trying for more.
Of course we had to support him for his biggest ever match despite the rain ;-)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Her love Language is "Words of Affirmation" and "Quality Time" so while chocolates are appreciated, they don't show what I am trying to say :).

Chocolates to share during quality time.

Works for me ;-)