• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was set loose.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"What was set loose?" In this case, I really don't think the sexual assault can be blamed on anything having been set loose by the Egyptian protests. If it really could be blamed on them, that would imply that sexual assaults never happen in America because there have been no similar protests here. But we know better than to suppose sexual assaults are not routine in America.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"What was set loose?" In this case, I really don't think the sexual assault can be blamed on anything having been set loose by the Egyptian protests. If it really could be blamed on them, that would imply that sexual assaults never happen in America because there have been no similar protests here. But we know better than to suppose sexual assaults are not routine in America.

The point is that their culture apparently isn't developed or civilized enough to be introduced to freedom if their first reaction is to behave with such inhuman savagery.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'm sorry about the reporter, but I am not ready to say that this sad event is representative of the protests. Hopefully it is not even representative of any trend in Egypt or anywhere else.

neves

Poor lady... I hope they find the guilty party and sentence them to the death penalty... (may happen if they put it into law in accordance to Islamic law)

Bismillah

Submit
Father Heathen said:
Human decency still should've prevailed regardless.
Given that there have been people who formed human chains to protect the women in Tahrir square, that a large number of protesters who lived in the square for days were women, and that these protests were unprecedentedly peaceful I would think deceny did prevail.

Highlighting one negative event around this crime does not detract from it and only gives more information on the type of people who committed it, of whom we know neither their identity or political affiliation.