• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion would be best for me?

rusra02

Premium Member
Does that exist?

Yes, there is one true religion, IMO. Our Creator has communicated with all mankind through a book available in more languages than any other. Despite constant attacks, both violent and intellectual, I believe the Bible has stood the test of time. It is as Jesus Christ said when he spoke about his disciples in prayer to the true God; "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ...Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth." (John 17:3,17)
The Bible (and the true religion based on the Bible), explains all the hard questions other religions cannot. Why we suffer, what the future holds, what God's purpose is for the Earth, etc. Many religions that claim to follow the Bible do not, and are in fact, enemies of God. (Titus 1:16) Only the true religion can help us do as the Bible invites us; "Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you." (James 4:8)

Otis Nomark

Answer

I've recently been searching for a religion.

Peace be on you. Through Internet?

When I was younger I never believed in God.
Now I'm on the fence about a higher power.
It is a great leap. How it happened? Any sharing?

I do believe in the big bang theory.

link The Quran and Cosmology

Think of Creation
Isaiah 45:18, said:
"For this is what God [Jah, Yahweh, Jehovah] says,
The Creator of the heavens, the true God,
The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it,
Who did not create it simply for nothing,but formed it to be inhabited:
“I am Jehovah, and there is no one else."

Amos 4:13
For look! he is the One who formed the mountains and created the wind;
He tells man what His thoughts are,
He turns the dawn into darkness,
And he treads on earth’s high places;
God [Jah, Yaweh, Jehovah] the God of armies is his name.”

I love nature with all my heart.
Nice, but if nature as a creation of God. Yes?

I believe in karma big time.

Do you mean good or bad action make results back?

I don't understand why there is so much suffering in the world.

link The Question of Suffering

I believe in an afterlife.

True.
Does the Bible’s teaching about the soul and death allow for reincarnation?
Genesis 2:7 states: “JAH God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul.”
Notice that the man himself was the soul; the soul was not immaterial, separate and distinct from the body.
“The soul that is sinning—it itself will die.” (Ezek. 18:4, 20)
And a deceased person is referred to as a “dead soul.” (Num. 6:6)
At death, “his spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” (Ps. 146:4)
So when someone dies, the complete person is dead; there is nothing that remains alive and that could pass into another body.

I don't believe in a heaven or a hell though.

For full justice to be done and for rewards and for full manifestation of God these are needed -- Hell as hospital then out of it.

HELL
Hebrew word – SHEOL
Greek word – HADES
In the Bible [HELL, SHEOL, and HADES] means “COMMON GRAVE” or “CEMETERY”
The Bible writer Luke recounts: “Neither was [Jesus] forsaken in Hades [hell,King James Version] nor did his flesh see corruption.”*(Acts 2:31)
Where was the hell to which even Jesus went?
The apostle Paul wrote: “I handed onto you . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried, yes, that he has been raised up the third day according to the Scriptures.” (1 Corinthians 15:3, 4)
So Jesus was in hell, the grave, but he was not abandoned there, for he was raised up, or resurrected.

I mainly believe in either reincarnation or the summerland.

By summerland, do you mean "Summerland as a place where the soul goes on to live forever"....then it is heaven.

I practice Buddhism. I believe in no harm.
Actually no religion does.

It really does!
1 John 4:1
Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement,but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God,for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

I have never believed in the devil and I probably never will. I believe in spirits.

Positive and negative forces?
Devil [Satan] and the demons [rebellious angels] are real spirit persons, not just a forces.

"So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him." Revelation 12:9

Anyone know of a religion that matches all my beliefs?
You are evolving in faith as in past you did not believe in God, now are at fence for higher power.

Hearty Suggestion:
1=Please study Ahmadiyya Muslim @ alislam.org and mta.tv and here in RF [Ahmadiyya DIR]
2= Please do prayers for direct guidance from God.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I've recently been searching for a religion. When I was younger I never believed in God. Now I'm on the fence about a higher power. I do believe in the big bang theory. I love nature with all my heart. I believe in karma big time. I don't understand why there is so much suffering in the world. I believe in an afterlife. I don't believe in a heaven or a hell though. I mainly believe in either reincarnation or the summerland. I practice Buddhism. I believe in no harm. I have never believed in the devil and I probably never will. I believe in spirits. Anyone know of a religion that matches all my beliefs?
Buddhism. Though it seems that you already practice that.

Last edited:

Erock13

First, ask yourself why you want a religion to follow in the first place. Seems like maybe you just want a label to attach to yourself? Not trying to sound mean or insensitive, just genuinely curious.

jonathan180iq

I've recently been searching for a religion. When I was younger I never believed in God. Now I'm on the fence about a higher power. I do believe in the big bang theory. I love nature with all my heart. I believe in karma big time. I don't understand why there is so much suffering in the world. I believe in an afterlife. I don't believe in a heaven or a hell though. I mainly believe in either reincarnation or the summerland. I practice Buddhism. I believe in no harm. I have never believed in the devil and I probably never will. I believe in spirits. Anyone know of a religion that matches all my beliefs?

Avoid religion.

Continue to study and develop your thoughts on the metaphysics - but save yourself a lot of trouble and don't assume that just because something is old and established that it knows more than you.

faroukfarouk

Hello Sweetheart
I read you never believed in a God and now you have a change of heart.
Tell me why or what brought about this change?

nafisa

Hello,

Would you prefer reading an e-book about Jesus in Islam & the holy Quran( comparative to what mentioned in the Bible)
Or an e-book about Fundamental Principles and Teachings of Islam?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hey there :)

Try reading some scriptures. There is the Quran for Islam, the Bible (New Testament) for Christianity (I think), the Old Testament for Judaism (I think)... and others that you can ask about here. Try not to ask about people's opinions and views first on specific religions/beliefs. Try to find yourself first.

I hope that helps :)

zenozian.teacher

let the deity's show you the light.
Hello Sweetheart; let me ask you something. do you believe in power? your beleifs border onto the basic zenozian beleifs
P.S i used to be in the same boat as you were in until a higher power nuged "by nuged i really mean a complete and total no going back shove" into the right direction. i personally hope that you do find your way and i wish the best of luck among you.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If you don't mind me saying, why take on any religion, why not search for your own religion, after all, all religions are someone else's beliefs, there not yours.

Vishvavajra

Is it that Buddhism is not working for you, that it is simply not enough for you (but still good), or that you have not yet been able to find a group of Buddhist practitioners to practice with in an organized fashion?

My recommendations will differ based on the specific nature of your problem. However, I do think it sounds as if you haven't gotten beneath the very outer surface of Buddhism, and there could yet be a lot for you to discover within that tradition alone. But of course Buddhism is not a jealous tradition and will not hate you for exploring other things. I went to church the Sunday before last, and Buddhism didn't mind at all.