• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What pagan traditions do you follow?

What pagan tradition do you follow?

• Church of All Worlds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Discordianism

• Greek/Roman/Italian Traditions

• Strega

• Satanism / Theistic Satanism / Temple of Set

• African Tradition / Voodoo

• Total voters

Lemon

The shy lurker
I voted Eclectic Pagan, though really I'm just a mixture of Kemetic and Hindu beliefs, with a tiny bit of Wicca in there.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
I love Hinduism. It's one of the most beautiful religions out there. How do you mix those two traditions? They are rather different.

Zephyr

Moved on
First heathen in this thread. I am somewhat of a purist, but I will refrain from posting negative comments about other pagans in the DIR forums.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Zephyr said:
First heathen in this thread. I am somewhat of a purist, but I will refrain from posting negative comments about other pagans in the DIR forums.

Most of my own personal beliefs come from the old Germanic religions, however, I require a little more philosophical development and my ancestors were not that "deep". I do respect those who truly live according to the old ways. However, Germanic cosmology and ethics are as close to a purely natural religion as you can get.

Circle_One

beckysoup61 said:
Jo, out of curiousity, what's that?

It's basically a reconstruction of the Ancient Egyptian religion. Following the Ancient Kemetic religion as best we Kemetics can in the modern day world.

Lemon

The shy lurker
Radio Frequency X said:
I love Hinduism. It's one of the most beautiful religions out there. How do you mix those two traditions? They are rather different.

They do have their differences, but they are very similar as well. For instance, both have one main god head (Brahman in Hindu, Netjer in Kemetic) where all other gods (Avatars in Hinduism, Netjeru in Kemetic) came from. They also have similar forms of giving offerings (Puja or Senut). Those are all the similarities I know of right now, though in the future I plan on taking a beginner's class on the Kemetic religion. Perhaps then I'll know of more similarities.

Purple Thyme said:
I guess I'd be listed as ecletic:shrug: . I kinda follow my own path that includes a little of everything.

I seem to fit in the same catagory although I lean a little more toward the Celtic side of things. The Fae are very interesting to me as are the different Celtic Gods and Goddesses. I also honor Odin and Thor along with some of the Norse pantheon.

Blessed Be,

Asylum :lunar:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
On that list, Druidism, and while I do follow alot of Druidic traditions, I am mainly a Nocturnalist.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Radio Frequency X said:
Since I'm new, I thought I'd post a poll to see what religious traditions everyone here belonged to.
Wow! Speaking as an outsider, I had no idea there were so many choices! :) Do they have much in common or are they all pretty much unique?

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Katzpur said:
Wow! Speaking as an outsider, I had no idea there were so many choices! :) Do they have much in common or are they all pretty much unique?

There are actually hundreds of realistic choices between pagan traditions. :) And all of them are unique. Paganism is a label for the many thousands of religions that are pantheistic, polythiestic, animistic, and so forth. So, the only religions that aren't pagan are religions like Judiasm, Islam, Mormanism, Catholicism, and Protestantism. Hinduism is definetly pagan and so is Buddhism in my mind, though there is some question about this.

Shrimpy

I chose eclectic cause I am still seeking but at the minute I am a Wiccanesque pagan with norse leanings, thanks to some dreams and demands from who I *think* is Thor. =)