• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What measure is Intelligence

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Two sentences that conflict each other...^...

No. You said its impossible to calculate. Its not. Its difficult to obtain the information needed.

For example you can say its impossible for me to calculate the ratio of cows to chickens on a farm if you bar me from knowing how many of each they have. It doesn't mean I can't make the calculation innately but I simply lack enough information to plug in all the variables.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Considering this designer is usually thought of as a sort of engineer, I'd say logical-mathematical and spatial intelligence would most closely fit the bill.

However, in the biology department, this designer doesn't appear to be that intelligent. The designs are flawed and they're always changing or being wiped out.

There is no empirical evidence to support this ID, it's pretty much an a priori attempt to reconcile scientific observations to Christian mythology. The idea seems to be that if questions can be raised about any scientific details, the only alternative must be a Christian explanation.

This Christian "explanation," of course, is not an explanation of mechanism, its just an assertion of divine agency. The mechanism, by default, must needs be magic.

Manna

Universalist
For example you can say its impossible for me to calculate the ratio of cows to chickens on a farm if you bar me from knowing how many of each they have. It doesn't mean I can't make the calculation innately but I simply lack enough information to plug in all the variables.

Agreed, very little is impossible to do and in addition what seems truly impossible today might be very possible tomorrow.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No. You said its impossible to calculate. Its not. Its difficult to obtain the information needed.

No...you didn't get it.
Mathematicians have already admitted the flight path cannot be calculated.
The action of the wind...is simply too chaotic.

There are other examples of events that elude numbers and yet have predictable results.
The study is a science unto itself and is called... Chaos.

idav

Being
Premium Member
No...you didn't get it.

There are other examples of events that elude numbers and yet have predictable results.

What they dont want to admit is that chaos is orderly in all actuality. The butterfly effect contains hidden variables. Chaos still is subject to cause and effect and so can never truly be chaotic or random. Examples that have predictable results and eludes numbers proves it isnt chaos but hidden variable and probability is not chaotic either.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
No...you didn't get it.

You need to start making sense rather than attemping to sound all mystical. It mostly just comes off as confusing and irritating. Just say what your trying to say.

Again mathmatics can calculate anything if they have the variables. We don't have the variables. We don't have the information. It breaks down because what can't happen apparently happens. I think its you who doesn't "get it" about the problems of calculating such things.