• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes your religion true and the others false?

HoldemDB9

People from all religions feel free to answer. Why should I choose your religion over all the others? Obviously if I was going to pick a religion it would have nothing to do with how much I like the sound of it or even how much better it would make my life, the only thing that would matter to me is whether or not it is actually true.

So how do we separate one religion from another if they are all based on faith and not evidence? How can I choose between Christianity and Islam if I give them both them same chance of being true? Do I just go with the religion that "feels" right? If so, is what "feels right" voluntary? If not, how do we choose?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
In response to the title question, reality. Reality is what differentiates between the true and untrue.

So how do we separate one religion from another if they are all based on faith and not evidence?
I have evidence of my religion :shrug:

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
People from all religions feel free to answer. Why should I choose your religion over all the others? Obviously if I was going to pick a religion it would have nothing to do with how much I like the sound of it or even how much better it would make my life, the only thing that would matter to me is whether or not it is actually true.

So how do we separate one religion from another if they are all based on faith and not evidence? How can I choose between Christianity and Islam if I give them both them same chance of being true? Do I just go with the religion that "feels" right? If so, is what "feels right" voluntary? If not, how do we choose?

If you sign up for mine right now, you'll get 0% APR and just 'cause I like you... I'll throw in an afterlife in an eternal paradise. So what do you say? What do I have to do to get you to leave this thread in a new religion?

Kerr

Because I believe in it, and because I happen to be the most rational and smartest person on the planet, my "religion" must be the right one :rolleyes:.

Adso

Choose the one that best lays out the human condition and adds to your growth as a person.

Just_me_Mike

Holdem, you can study with me, be my student. Try it out and see if it speaks to you. Be my disciple!

Really though, if you really want religion, you are really declaring you want to know God if there is a God out there. That is the purest place to start. The rest is up to God to direct you my friend, not any of us. I will however take you own as a student, seriously.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Religions are like paths going up a mountain. Each path is different: some are harder, some easier, some have guides, some don't. Some choose to not climb the mountain, some attempt to get others to their paths, some stay right where they are, thinking they're at the peak.

But each path eventually leads to the same peak.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life

You are completely free to believe in any religion that you should choose. Truth is not limited to my religion.

Why would I recommend that you choose my religion? Because from where I stand (and I know I'm biased), my religion makes sense to the logical mind. If you're looking for a simple logical religion that doesn't ask much of its adherents, then Judaism is the way to go.

Perhaps the thing that most attracts me about Judaism is its logical consistency. No other religion I know of has the same sort of logical consistency.