• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes you uncomfortable

We Never Know

No Slack
Back when my oldest daughter was 23 she moved back home with the her mom and I for a bit. The Mrs was gone one week for some training and one evening my daughter called me into the kitchen seeking my opinion of something.

Well when I got in there she dropped her shorts, bent over in front of me and proceeded to show me her HooHa from behind and asked me what a bump was.

I was like "what they hell are you doing? Pull your shorts up!" She was like "dad you said I can talk to you about anything"

I said "yes you are right. I settled down and looked at what looked like a pimple that turned out to nothing but a little vaginal boil that was gone within a few days.

Needless to say that made me as uncomfortable as I had ever been in my life.

I was told by several that it showed her trust in me as her dad.

Dads how would you have felt?

Last edited:

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm not a dad, but if I can answer anyway, I'd say this kind of stuff is just about normal in my dysfunctional family. One time my dad decided to fix the toilet, but he often was in his underwear... yes, as crazy as it sounds, he was trying to be a plumber while in his underwear. Anyway, since he didn't know plumbing, the toilet sprung a big leak. My dad was barefoot. And with him not wanting to get toilet water on himself, he ran out of the bathroom wearing my mom's high heels which had been in the bathroom, while in his underwear, yelling "Flood!" as toilet water started to come out of the bathroom. We called a plumber. Sometimes it's just better to pay the bill than do DIY, and these kind of cases are why.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Oof... Yah, I'd be uncomfortable for sure! Still... I think your friends are right. The discomfort is a minor inconvenience in light that she loves and trusts her dad. :)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd be uncomfortable.
Having said that, I don't see anything actually wrong with this, just goes outside my 'normal' bounds of privacy.

I'm used to a lot more boundary breaking since I met my wife (as her family are super intrusive, much as I love them) but still...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Back when my oldest daughter was 23 she moved back home with the her mom and I for a bit. The Mrs was gone one week for some training and one evening my daughter called me into the kitchen seeking my opinion of something.

Well when I got in there she dropped her shorts, bent over in front of me and proceeded to show me her HooHa from behind and asked me what a bump was.

I was like "what they hell are you doing? Pull your shorts up!" She was like "dad you said I can talk to you about anything"

I said "yes you are right. I settled down and looked at what looked like a pimple that turned out to nothing but a little vaginal boil that was gone within a few days.

I agree with the others.

I would assume it's like a doctor visit. She just wanted an opinion.

If it was me in that situation, I'd be concerned about anything that upsets my daughter and look at it and tell her to see a doctor if it was bad enough.

Uncomfortable and awkward maybe, sure in regards to maturity, but not unheard of I would think.

I know of families who are like that and every thing is copacetic.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

I, too, was a younger daughter once; and worse, my mom passed away a little before that age or around that age. So any "parents" type questions I had went straight to Dad from then on, I'm sure he was thrilled.

(So no, I don't think that is weird, though I probably would have given more warning and explained that I needed to know about something going on possibly medically with my body lmao)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I’d have had no issue with it. I changed her diapers when she was a toddler. I just watched her go through 14 hours of labor to give birth to my granddaughter.

I rarely feel uncomfortable with such things, probably because I don’t embarrass.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

That does show trust.
I didn't and still don't open up to my parents about much of anything. I usually don't even tell them my plans for the day, let alone go to them when I've needed sensitive areas looked at, such as a lump I found a few years ago. It was nothing, but it was straight to the doctor and not a word of it to my parents.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Im not a dad but what your daughter did shows trust in her father. You may find it uncomfortable but i believe it was a wonderful moment

Last edited: