• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What makes you cry?

Just_me_Mike

I just got done watching My Girl for the first time. I am a dad 32 years old, and I was by myself. I found myself crying like a baby when the little boy died.

Didn't know what to make of it.

.lava

Veteran Member
i rarely cry. it usually happens because of suffering i see in this world and because of those who make people suffer. i become over loaded or something. then i start crying for everything that breaks my heart and i remember many things. yea seems like i cry maybe 2 or 3 times a year for all that makes me sad.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I cry sometimes when I put my contacts in or take them out. Not because I'm sad or because it is painful, but because my eyes think "what the **** are you doing!?!? NOOOOOOOO!!" and then they weep, probably out of fear of the foriegn objects obstructing their ocular lenses.

Sometimes I cry if someone makes me feel really sad, like if someone I care about and like spending time with and whom I really trust does something to hurt my feelings.

And every once in a while something in a movie or show might make me cry, like when Sam, the dog died in I Am Legend. Or the end of Final Fantasy X. They don't make me cry now, but they did the first time I saw them.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I just got done watching My Girl for the first time. I am a dad 32 years old, and I was by myself. I found myself crying like a baby when the little boy died.

Didn't know what to make of it.
Something like that could do it for me. I cried this morning when Babe the pig rescued the Bulldog from sure death in the river.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't cry during movies very often, but one of the few times was My Girl, too. When at the funeral the little girl crying that her friend wasn't wearing his glasses and he couldn't see without them- makes me cry just thinking about it. The end of Dances With Wolves made me cry. The strangest movie I cried during was An American Tail, when the 2 kiddie mice were singing "Somewhere Out There" in different places- the song makes me cry still whenever it plays on the radio- I really don't know why. I also feel like crying whenever anyone else is in a flick (or even real life) (I also laugh when I see someone else laughing, too)
Seeing starving children and those animal abuse ads (particularly the one that plays You Were Always on My Mind) makes me cry every time.

I rarely cry, but I came close today reading a story in the newspaper of a woman who was murdered by being stabbed repeatedly by here ex boyfriend.

I was familiar with the story but it only came out recently that her 4 year old son witnessed the attack. The quote from the child "Gordie did this to my Mummy" was bad enough but for some reason finding out the last word she ever said was "Run" to her son was very upsetting.

Erebus

I weep buckets when people insist that tracksuits suit them or when the upper-middle class teens living in Derbyshire insist that they are "gankstas".

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I cried once when I was fighting off something like 20 ninjas and one of their shurikens struck a pressure point and then she used her ninja chi to strike a nerve cluster and I was in so much pain while the other 19 ninjas collectively focused their deadly ninja arts by attacking my solar plexus and then I almost lost consciousness from the agony and my autonomic response was to shed a single tear. But then I killed them all.

I'm *edited* like that- like a Garth Ennis character.

That and when my son was born. All ****ing evening long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I cry over sad movies, especially if there is a dog that meets an untimely death...
:sad:

Circle_One

All Dogs Go To Heaven makes me cry everytime when the dog dies in the end :(

Also nearly every part of Man on Fire makes me cry EVERY time I watch it, which is often.

And Poseidon Adventure (The original... I'm not sure, but I think there was a remake), when the old lady dies. She reminds me of Jay's nana.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I cried at the end of Titanic. And let's not forget ET- nearly everyone I have known cried during ET.

blm2007

I only cry when my mother gets angry with me and stops talking.I love her very much and so I can never think of not talking to her.She is my life.

iloveislam

Muslim
The notion that men do not cry is absurd.

Great men in the history of Islam have cried.

In fact crying is an emotion that we are born with. In other words when a baby is born he/she cries immediatly whereas it will take him/her a few months to learn how to laugh.